Discussion Bullying

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Svl, Oct 11, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svl

Svl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys.

Idk why but there have been atleast one bullying scene in the novel that i read.
    I get that the authors use bullied mc for getting sympathy from readers.But the problem is how they execute the scene.
    How come no one even try to stop bullying from happening. Like classmates, teachers but no one.
    Okay classmates don't care about lonely kids and teachers don't know about bullying but how come mc acts like a wimp and never stands up or act tough against bullies or atleast he can talk about bullying with his teachers but no he won't.
    Sorry about the rant.

Here's my question.

Is it true that people experience bullying like it shows in novels?
    Like getting beaten up for no reason, extortion of money, talking bad stuff about parents, writing stuff on the desks and so on or is it exaggerated?

Because what i think bullying in schools was like joking about the appearance, non stop teasing or writing homework/taking notes for them.

Also sorry for the bad english.

2. heavenlytribulation

heavenlytribulation [One Feared by All]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard of name calling, nuggies, and seen others mock kids who are in one parent households. I told them to stop but it doesn't work that easily

3. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it's exaggerated since I was bullied as well in real life though not to that extreme, more in a way of challenging me to a fistfight but not extorting money from me or anything like that, though my friend who sometimes get bullied and teased because of his overweight it was more of extreme teasing and sometimes taunting him making him pissed off.

KizunaAi, felidormit and Svl like this.
  4. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    not to the point like how it is shown on novels, but I have seen news of students extorting money from others.

but bullying is a real thing, and normally the ones being bullied doesn't reach for help because they feel they are on their own and because they don't get taught to fight and defend themselves, I have read that teachers get seminars about how to identify bullying. But still, not all teachers are good teachers, but also teachers are humans and humans make mistakes.

01, Tanhalevi, OverlordPotato and 8 others like this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I went through highschool, bullying by randomly beating someone up... didn't really happen, no. Kids did get into fights, but it wasn't like, targeted, constant "bullying". Just regular fights. There was targeted bullying, but only verbal abuse, and social media harassment. ... But idk, you could also just call it drama between teenagers.

I did find that school officials -- teachers, principals, etc -- are less likely to be supportive and understanding than they are to just punish everyone they see. There was one fight I was in where I never touched the other guy. Let him hit me a few times and didn't fight back. Result? I was suspended, too. There's a lesson to be learned there, I think.

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch this

Svl likes this.
  7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of bullies. All teenagers are, to some degree, sociopathic. They're still too young. For example, I had one kid try to frame me for maliciously triggering a teacher's allergies.One accused me of being a drug dealer. Another duo tried to break my head against a locker because I dared use my locker when they wanted to get at theirs. And one of my psychology teachers would tell anecdotes of elementary schoolers bringing knives (like kitchen knives) in their backpacks to school.

As for specifically being bullied like in novels and anime, I don't know. But I commonly hear that bullying is much worse in Japan (and maybe China too) than in America. Parents aren't as willing to help their children and go to the principal. When I was called a drug dealer, I came home crying. My parents called the principal, the principal had my accusers pulled aside and that never happened again. If the parents aren't there to make the school care though, then who knows what could happen? History shows that corporal abuse and more are definite possibilities.

01, OverlordPotato, Svl and 4 others like this.
  8. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Starting young .. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Svl likes this.
  9. Madoqua

Madoqua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like the other guy who joins in after the boy began telling his story. His remarks feel like he is making fun of the boy instead of really listening. :/

10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get turned on when I get bullied

Svl, Rezar and Madoqua like this.
  11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bullying of students by students? Not really. Some teasing that may hv gone out of hand and the occasional fisticuffs, at most.

Bullying of students by some teachers? Definitely.

Bullying of one particular teacher by students? Also yes.

12. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    are you an M?

13. Rezar

Rezar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, yes. I had a classmate when i was in highschool, it was never physical, but he would be insulted by others nearly everyday. And it was just because of his skin color being a bit darker than others. Sometimes his parents would be called names to the point where he could only cry silently afterwards. He tries to ignore them but i know that he was obviously bothered and saddened by it. Even after the teacher gets involved the bullying didn't stop, in fact it got even worse. I felt bad for the guy so i try to talk with him from time to time to see how he's doing. Point is, bullying is a real thing man, and sometimes It's not that they don't want to stand up for themself, sometimes they just feel too cornered and helpless to even bother doing anything in fear that the bullying might get worse.

14. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Where I went to high school,I had seen bullying of the type where a kid would get physically pushed around and ganged up on for physical abuse. Unfortunately only one teacher was actually be willing to get involved. There was also desk writing, but it mostly transitioned into destroying their textbook rather than the desk. I didn't see the other stuff, though. Like the talking about family and stuff like that. The physical violence was more apparent, but it was kind of a rough city

Rezar and Svl like this.
  15. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes people can be bullied to the point they commit suicide or can lead to accidental death. Teachers aren't all powerful and often times speaking out to authority figures makes things worse. Bullying is about feeling superior it can be from anything height, eye color, family circumstances to the way somebody talks. There is a celebrity in South Korea who came out as gay. He was physically and sexually abused in high school by some students cause they suspected he was gay. Teachers knew about it but they never did anything.

felidormit, Svl and thisworldofmine1 like this.
  16. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love getting bullied by girls. I want them to step on me and call me trash. Then they can spit on me and walk away.

Svl likes this.
  17. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, bullying happens and it differs for each person, mostly depends on the surroundings and the place the bully grow up from.
    some people may stand up for poor kid, and try to stop the bullying to some extent. but some people prefer to be bystanders, dont want to be dragged in unnecessary trouble for them.
    the bullying may take forever to end, especially when the people of authority didnt do a thing and thought it was just kids do their things or judged it was a harmless prank.
    bullying makes some kid to be more empathic, some to commit self harm, or unfortunately turn other to be a bully themself on different place.

Svl likes this.
  18. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was gonna say ALL my experience on bullying but I thought against it. To sum it up, it was just light pushing around, some derogatory words thrown and doing a hw or 2 every once in a while. I didn't tell the teachers cause my school teachers were bad except this one teacher who is so nice and is the best teacher in that damn hs(she doesn't deserve to be in that hellhole). That, and I don't want to cause a scene. If you're being bullied your probably an introvert like me and drawing attention to yourself? lmao sike. And thinking about their revenge? Nah bro. I was in a ghetto hs and the area around me was pretty crime-ridden. Fights break out often at least once every 2-3 days. Stabbings and shootings once a week a few streets away. Honestly, I'll take doing some hw to avoid the hassle of a fight. Drug issues 2-3 days.
    (My school is so bad we have to go through x-rays on our bags and metal detectors when we walk in. No opened water allowed, and no cell phones allowed)

I got a story tho.
    This one time I was at the cafeteria I was eating(finally, cause I'm a picky eater and I'm poor) and the dude sitting next to me was splashed with milk by this other guy. The milk splashed onto me and my food(ruining it). I was having a stressful week. So after I processed what the flying fk happened I lowkey snapped. Slammed my hand on the table so hard everybody was looking. I got up and started making my way to him. But my friend that wasn't splashed cause I blocked it pulled me back. He was like bro it's not fking worth it, we are only 2 months from graduating. I was fuming but I didn't want anything to happen to stop me from graduating so I slammed my fists on the table again and yelled "F*CK". Well anyway, the security guard that sits in the cafeteria takes him away. And in the rest of the 2 months, no one bothered me anymore. Honestly, the whole school probably thought I was gonna be the next school shooter lmao.

felidormit, Svl and KizunaAi like this.
  19. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well , I personally never experienced it or saw it but yes I do think that that kind of bullying is Possible and could be happening to someone , hell it could be even more worse . U have to understand that bullying is a real thing and it can be very dangerous both physically and mentally , it has lead to people committing suicide and accidental deaths and most of the time the target of bullying r the ones that r helpless to do anything about it . Targeting bullying works as a bully hurts someone and sees who fights back and who Can fight back and they target the one that can't. Telling an authorised figure doesn't always work and can make things worse . Now the ones shown in the novels is Possible and Can happen as for how often does it happen I can't say for sure

felidormit and Svl like this.
  20. mizzu321

mizzu321 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bullying can be in any form, even if the school already take some precaution, the one who bullying always find a way to attack someone, (children can always be creative, especially if they got to much time).

For example in my school, the form of bullying there is more targeted for mental rather than physical, cuz the school has a harsh punishment for a fight no matter how minor it is.

That why they just like insulting, leaving out someone out of group class chat(so they don't have any info about homework or assignment), etc.
    the tragic one that happen in my school is (IMO) is there's this one guy with slightly better grades at school, he poor so he can't hangout with other (mostly cuz no pocket money etc) and no one really like that, so he almost had no friends. And the school is one of the elite school in the city so the student there can get direct invitation to university taking no exam, with the tuition having a discount(of course if you have good grade) and of course there always quota each course (if somebody take the same course they say the one one who had better grade get picked, but history say its not always like that so it's a mystery how they choose someone). And of course the day the school announce who eligible to have that direct invite, everyone who eligible make promise to announce what course they pick so no one pick the same, and this poor guy already announce what course will he pick but after some time someone pick that course and say sorry that they picked it (at this point it already too late to change) and say it his fault to not join the group chat for confirming his pick(while he himself don't know that group chat even exist), do note that when you pick a course you can see if someone already pick it before so they definitely knew he already pick it 1st.

And of course he didn't get chosen he has bad luck, because taking exam and pay the tuition in full is not even an option for him, he had to give up to go University entirely. (Cuz he poor)

Svl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.