Recommendations Butler or Igor MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by pookiepie, May 14, 2018.

1. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do not post randomly without reading. If you think it's too long just don't read it and don't post.
    --------------------------------

For those who do not understand what I mean by Igor, it is a Terry Pratchett's Discworld reference.

Plugging Pratchett

If you haven't read it then I implore you to read it. It is a fantasy sword and magic setting with a lot of comedy. Most people think it's aimed at kids or teenagers, but it isn't. It's aimed at adults. But enough about that.

Explaining Igor
    Igor is a helper or a butler of a mad scientist. Mad scientist like Frankenstein for example. Igor does pretty much all the work that needs to be done, all the dirty work anyway. And in most stories he may appear even kinda magical. He can do pretty much everything necessary and usually suprises you how fast and efficient he is.

For example he would already have materials for experiment prepared even when his master doesn't even know what he needs.

He would always be there at the right time.

Example

Igor would just appear behind the Master and say a thing like "Here you go thur(sir with a slur)" and hand him the blackjack with one hand, while holding burlap sack in the other, when our Master went out for a stroll alone and noticed a pretty lady, which he would like to use for an experiment.

What to look out for
    Also i would dislike real magic powers on Igor, most of things should be done with intelligence and really good preparation (as oppose to being magician and just conjuring anything he needs).

Concise explanation (TL;DR)
    And now i can explain what I am looking for. I am looking for Igoresk butler MC. He doesn't have to be butler (he can be just a helper i guess) and not even male. I just want for MC to have that kind of qualities.

He should be background character of the greater stroy. He should support someone and effectively "carry" him/her. It would be best if the Master doesn't even know half of the things Igor does in the background, and just thinks how smooth the sailing is, how good they and their plans are (even though everything would collapse without Igors involvement).

Extra
    An extra would be if Master would catch on Igors OPness and try to win against him, like catching him unprepared for example. Of course our Igor would win everytime, while acting completely stoic.

Preference
    Fantasy or medieval setting. I don't really mind if it's not.

Last words
    It would be nice if the book was aimed at more mature audience (adults if you like, I think seinen/josei should be fine?).

I know I am asking for a lot here, however with the amount of readers here, maybe we can find something similar at least.

Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite

This is something that at least in first 50 chapters is somewhat similar or at least it looks like it will go the right way at start. Mc is somewhat OP butler, but it kinda devolves into fighting, noble struggles, not being a butler anymore and kingdom building.

Sorry for the long post, I just didn't want to get bunch of responses including maids and slaves, and completely missing the point.

That's about it.
    Thank you all for your time and help, and have a nice day.

erowarrior likes this.
  2. Syahmuda

Syahmuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me who instantly thought of Dantalian DD? 3.3

4. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
  5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make your reading list public.

So it isn't Butler or Igor but only Igor type Butler? You say that you are fine with any gender but then say you don't want maids and slaves? I think you should clarify that point...

For example, what about Lightning Empress Maid ? The MC was one of the strongest people in existence. But due to a prophecy had to escape and ended up as a maid to the ML. Her common sense though is complete wack (since she originally was brought up in the forest aka feral and just taught the basics when she was in the capital). Since then, she has been trying her best to be a maid for a lower noble.

The story does revolve around her mostly, but no matter what she insists on being a maid. So if anyone needs her power or the like, she delegates all authority to the master supporting him. He is aware of her ability though and uses it to his advantage to try to rise in power but still always treats her like a maid.

So it fits the whole "carrying her master", the MC also has pretty much nothing for brains, which is similar to igor in sense. All decisions are left up to her master and etc, though she does make some ridiculous "minor" decisions of her own... for example, she was given an assignment to test her cooking skills if they are good enough for a noble. She looked into the fridge and wasn't familiar with any ingredients, so she decides to go catch a giant rat to cook.

pookiepie likes this.
  6. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Inv thank you for a reply.

Let me clarfiy. When i said no maids or slaves, I only meant that if you go and search for the tags I mentioned, such as master servant relationship or servant op protag etc. you would most commonly get some kind of male wish fulfillment, with maids or slaves fully sexualized kind of story. Even if not really adult, it would be ecchi, huge tits hanging out all the time etc. And even if not that, then full blown romance. I don't want that to be the focus of the story really.

With male butlers that is less likely i guess. I didn't want to write too much, since post seemed kind of long already so i didn't really explain it. Sorry.

Again let me reiterate. Gender doesn't matter, even official job name doesn't (maid, butler, slave or whatever). I want master servant relationship with focus on the servant, who is OP i guess.

I will check Lightning Empress Maid. Thank you again.

EDIT: I just registered recently, so I am working on my reading list, right now its empty. I will include it next time i am looking for something to read.