Resource Buying JP Light novel (ebook) raw online

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by CharLok, Sep 11, 2021.

1. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so i've been trying to buy the raws for "I will leisurely become a healer in another world" or "異世界でのんびり癒し手はじめます ~毒にも薬にもならないから転生したお話".

As I've been reading it through J-talk (MTL?) from the Raws of Syosetsu, before realising there's a good chunk of it gone in the middle of the story that is only in LN format. I couldn't find the pirated it version of it anywhere and decided to just buy the Ebook version.

as with any RAW TL issue, I will need to be able to buy it from a Japanese site that allows me to use a foreign card, and the eBook version will need for me to be able to rip the text one way or another.

I thought i could buy from book walker at first but was told that book walker is very difficult or impossible to rip text off of. Maybe I could buy from the jp site of Rakuten kobo?? but not sure. Help please???

the site below tells me where to buy raws. Do any of the sites linked in this image for ebook purchase be a good choice?? help please, Thankyou!
    異世界でのんびり癒し手はじめます ~毒にも薬にもならないから転生したお話~ 1 | 女性向けライト文芸レーベル「アリアンローズ」公式サイト (arianrose.jp)
    upload_2021-9-11_1-37-1.png

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Best strategy I've heard was through amazon, but you need to have a shipping address registered there linked to your account. You can just use a proxy shipping address apparently, but I've yet to get this working.

CharLok likes this.
  3. paradoxez

paradoxez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kobo kinda have partnership with rakuten so what I always do is buy from here:

• Then download official Rakuten Kobo Desktop program & sync/download all books
    • Then use Calibre with the you-know-what plugin to convert to epub
    p.s. You can't purchase directly from https://books.rakuten.co.jp/e-book/ anymore because they require Japanese Credit card, but you can purchase from https://www.kobo.com/jp/en with Rakuten Account. The only difference I'm aware of is that now you can't get ~10-20% off discount from kobo site because they barely run promotion

edit: This is probably what you're looking for
    異世界でのんびり癒し手はじめます V1

WFNT and CharLok like this.
  4. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou!
    when buying an ebook do i need to provide an adress???

5. paradoxez

paradoxez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes you do, although just some random Japanese address works fine since real address is irrelevant for E-book