Spoiler Caesar

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Nov 15, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel was suggested by @kly <3 (dont forget cookies and ice cream! <3

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1903431

Beware, the names are scary to look at a bit confusing:sweating_profusely:
    Summary: 诺尔森·多诺顿 Nuo Er Sen (Google whispered: Knowlsen) · Duo Nuo Dun (Google also told me: Multi-Norton XD), people have always called this founder of the Duo Nuo dynasty/empire as the Terrible Tyrant (lit. 海妖之王 = super demonic king??). His entire life was rocky with ups-and-downs, brimming with all kinds of crafty plots and scheming that it is wholly possible to write the most legendary saga based on his historical court struggle to the king's throne. He who had been deprived of love from his father (king) since childhood, however, used his own intelligence and wits to seize the title of King and behead (the opposition??). Yet it's a shame, Knowlsen · Duo Nuo Dun had never once thought that after just finally obtaining the throne, he'd be checkmated under the very hand of his most trusted younger brother, 凯撒·多诺顿 Caesar · Duo Nuo Dun.
    戚唯冷 Qi Wei Leng (MC), even as a university student of the history faculty, had great difficulty imagining that one day, he'd transmigrate to that legendary saga, or rather, the exceptionally short-lived monarch about to face all sorts of challenges. (?? clunky sentence)
    Originally familiar with the history, yet witnessing with his very own eyes left him completely dumbfounded (more accurately, it's like, when you're expectations are undermined??my brain's chugging along slower than usual today, sorry;;)
    Was it not said that Caesar · Duo Nuo Dun was the King's favourite (son)......But this malnourished small child with a starved complexion, is he truly that historical, cold-blooded, and cheerless/lonely monarch?
    Qi Wei Leng: Fine then, since (I am) already aware of the future, then I definitely won't easily lose/be defeated.
    However, history......is it truly that simple to change/alter?

pokes

Misaki Yata, cici, HesheFell and 15 others like this.
  2. UpInTheAir

UpInTheAir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So who's the ML?

kly likes this.
  3. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    according to @kly <3

Caesar. XD The little, starved bun MC was referring to in the summary. MC (Qi Wei Leng) transmigrates into the body of Caesar's supposed half-brother, Knowlson (but they're not even related - so the tag was actually : "pseudo-brother" on danmeila XD)

kly, maya_sov, Shizuka Mikki and 2 others like this.
  4. UpInTheAir

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there fluff?, angst?, blood sweat and tears? Enemies dying a brutal death?:blobhero:
    I'll wait for the spoilers :cookie::blobpeek:
    Quarterlies this week and next week :blob_coughblood::blobdead:

kly likes this.
  5. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    II love historical danmei.

Shizuka15, kly and iampsyx like this.
  6. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! //lays out more cookies
    To answer your q, In the first half or so, it's pretty fluffy with the occasional bouts of angst from MC's side as he struggles to stay under the radar and not bring the King's attention onto him given that the king simply denounced MC as his legitimate son when he divorced himself from MC's mother to get with his second wife. Angst gets laid on more thicker in the second half before they otp get together. As for the blood, sweat and tears...
    Okay, I really shouldn't have forgotten to mention this, but there may have been in later chapters before MC accepts ML, a part when ML rapes MC. Sorry, probably should be one of the first things to warn;;; By the ending though, MC has come to accept ML, so that's a HE, just that it wasn't an easy road to that ending;;:blobtired:

Good luck with quarterlies!

Misaki Yata, Ease, azure_sea and 8 others like this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link

Misaki Yata, azure_sea, kly and 2 others like this.
  8. UpInTheAir

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the MC stay under radar? Did the king divorce MC's mom while MC is in this world? How did ML fall in love with MC? Did some things change while MC Was in this world from the original text/events?
    Who are the antagonists? Did the antagonists and/or king receive their retribution for what they did? What obstacles did MC have to overcome? :blobdizzy:
    I'm sorry about all these questions :sweating_profusely:
    I'm kinda procrastinating right know cuz the quarterlies are too hard :blobsob: and studying is semi useless for me cuz I kinda forget what I learned on the day of the test due to anxiety:blobsob:

kly likes this.
  9. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no! I just finished my finals and I can understand what you mean by the struggles of studying material you'll know you'll forget from sheer nervousness during the test the next day;;; all the best, I don't have any useful advice to offer but hang in there!

I'm glad you're asking q's actually, because that's when I have an excuse to ramble on non-stop lol Also, it gives me a good starting point to word vomit from :facepalm:
    Okay, everything was too much by the time I reached the end of what I prattled on and on about, so I'll just be tucking it all under this neat, little spoiler button and that way, I won't scare any other people interested but don't wanted to be spoiled too much...

The thing about MC's father, the king, didn't like that his wife, the first queen (and MC's mother) was a devout Christian. She was supported by the Pope and the religious faction, but she was still declared treasonous by the king (his plot) and sent to be publically executed. This was also esp. because the king had found another lady he fancied and was not of conflicting beliefs with him, and so, he was eager to get rid of the first wife to marry the second.

The first wife did her best so that MC wouldn't get dragged in and get sent to be executed along with her. But in divorcing, the king made MC become illegitimate in the sense that MC because the king denies his marriage to 1st wife as legal, MC is now regarded as a bastard child. The king is aware of this, so he's super wary of MC because he knows MC would plot his death. Which, ofc. MC, even though he wasn't there long enough to know his mother, in the brief moments that they spend time together before her death, you can see she really cares and loves her son.

In a loveless marriage of twenty years, the mother was a pitiful but she faced her death with incredible dignity. It really struck MC. And the king's ruthlessness shakes him. Pope does support MC but they aren't prominent figures in the plot imo - they had to keep their support of MC on the downlow because, again, king's paranoia.
    For MC not to incur his paranoid father's suspicion and wrath, he spends most of his time in his tower with a maid named Anthea?(安西娅) + the little bun he's secretly adopted as his lil' bro.

Since young, ML knows the face of his father (which happens to be the sleeze, Kelvin 克尔温 - a Duke) but he's never told MC of this, even when he knows MC still thinks they're half-brothers. MC does eventually find out though, and he's furious+upset because he thinks ML and Kelvin were in on it, toying with MC and enjoying how foolish MC looked - which is not the case at all, because ML himself, saw Kelvin as a threat, even as Kelvin was trying to push ML onto the throne (and he succeeded), ML bade his time and eventually offed Kelvin, intending on returning the throne to MC once he was found.

Main villains?? Honestly, it was mostly either the king, his wives and/or Kelvin, and Anthea who were the villains...I can't quite recall any other significant, recurring baddie but that's mostly it. The second wife got killed because she kept harping on and bossing the king around/showing no respect that the king grew tired of her, not to mention, another pretty maid was serving him so his attentions were being attracted elsewhere. The final straw that broke the camel's back would have been when the crazed 2nd wife decided to try and stab the king. Afterwards, the king did stuff and sent her off to be publically executed.

Whereas the villagers were sympathetic to 1st wife (Selena) and some had even cried to see her go, everyone were pretty emotionless when it was 2nd wife being led to the guillotine. The strong contrast in the way villagers treated her and the 1st wife is obvious. 2nd wife was not a pleasant lady, really, she was intolerable. It was a cathartic for MC to see her dead with his eyes, even if she made a huge ruckus as she was being led up there. With all her struggling about, she made her own death a painful all by herself because the executioner had to swing twice to completely sever her head from neck;;

I think it's implied that MC crafts these beautifully intricate asian ceramic vases which were hard for the kingdom to obtain, and may have laced it with slow-acting poison. The king died in bed, with his skin peeling/breaking in pus/something but it was gross and a tenuous grasp on reality. The 3rd (and final) wife was that pretty maid serving the king (she was actually a maid that loved and ultimately, worked for Duke Kelvin - it was under Kelvin's orders that she infiltrate the castle and get close to the king, this was for Kelvin's son, ML to get the throne). 3rd wife died soon after the king died, but before she kicked the bucket, she made sure that ML got the throne while Kelvin distracted MC by convincing him to marry a princess from an allied kingdom and bring her back before he can take over the throne.

Now, ML is still pretty young at that time, just a teen and only recently getting wet dreams about MC so Kelvin's aim was to mostly control ML from the shadows etc. As stated previously, ML kills Kelvin but Kelvin's revenge is that he frees MC from his imprisonment in the tower and gets him to go the the seaside kingdom where there are pirates. MC has heard of these pirates from history so he understands their significance.

It's only mentioned in passing that he did stay as a member of that pirate crew until the leader of the gang fell in love with/became attracted to MC, but was too overbearing in his pursuit. This resulted in MC fleeing and escaping to another port(??) where he stays for a while (I've forgotten how long;; ).

MC escaped from ML for 4 years before they meet again.
    For Anthea, actually, she seems to know something?? Caesar had dreams that tell him to be wary of Anthea, not to mention her actions. She's sus as hell, haha. But I don't think she's the great big baddie of them all, either? Ehh;; It seems she's put to the guillotine by ML too. And while MC does mention seeing her shadow several times after her death, she doesn't appear again, I believe.

For obstacles that MC faced...That's a hard q. I'll come back to that later when I've re-read it all? For now, I would just tentatively say that most of the struggles that MC encountered were either trying to stay away from his father's line of fire, scheming around Kelvin, dealing with the emotional torment of possible betrayal by his trusted ones (coughCaesarcough), then doing his best to live his life peacefully on the coast, away from Caesar, the throne and all the machinations surrounding it, pirate suitor etc. Though, I'm probably glossing over details.
    Interestingly, MC does meet the original Knowlesen several times. The first time was when he'd first transmigrated into the body, he finds out that Selena and the king are in the process of divorce and he's faced with the immense doubt of following history etc. when Knowlesen appears before him (in his dreams or something, idk, will check later tho), telling MC that he was chosen because Knowlesen wanted to see if MC could change the outcome of history for the better.

Later on, when MC gets in touch with Knowlesen, it's hinted by Knowlesen himself, that MC was brought over because it's possible that MC's the alternate version of Knowlesen and that actually, ML had protected Knowlesen from an assassin's attack, but died as a result. Distraught, Knowlesen lived the rest of his life under MC's name as a cold ruler.
    MC seems to have remembered his life as Knowlesen?? Later, when ML goes off to war to subdue the west, MC internally frets about whether ML is safe or not.

He's confident that ML will defeat the opponents and win the war, but on the way back, that's when ML had died the first time and apparently, MC had been present there to feel ML's blood on his palms. Because he figured that ML would've have died protecting him, MC stays in the kingdom instead, waiting for ML to return. It's at this point that you could say that ML and MC are mutually in love by now. Then even had like, kinky goodbye sex before ML left for war. lol

okay, so I ended finishing the novel as I wrote this;;;
    I still stand by my statement that there was no one big bad villain engineering everything in the BG but Knowlesen himself seems to turn out to be a bit of a bad guy. Or if you look at it from my view, just a scheming ghost??? who only intended to use MC to prevent ML from dying so he could take over and send MC back to his world while Knowlesen gets to keep ML this time. What he didn't count on though, was MC reciprocating ML's love.

So Knowlesen focrefully snatches back control of the body and keeps MC locked in the back of his mind. With only a window in the inky darkness, MC is forced to watch Knowlesen get chummy with ML. ML actually picks the moment he realises "MC" is being so...nice to him, but the look in his eyes are so unfamiliar. Knowlesen's the foxy bastard that he is, keeps trying to seduce ML into bed with him to torment MC, who's constantly locked out of the body, only spectating and feeling completely horrible.

ML confronts Knowlesen and lol, the reason that makes Knowlesen leave without the sex is when he realises MC was actually bottoming to which he noped his way out with a peck on ML's forehead and extracting a promise from ML to treat MC well because MC is a future ver. of him afterall (it was later stated that MC is the reincarnation of Knowlesen which opens up SO manycans of curious worms I want to ask but it kinda ends abruptly with MC going:
    MC: "Hey honey, I'm back." //hugs Caesar. "I love you."
    Caesar: "Me too" smoooooch
    END)

and then the follow-up smexytime extras. lol they're flirty lovebirds with ridiculous shenanigans. I think the author kind of rushed the ending to get to the extras and stop writing about MC being cold to/worrying about ML lol

That's it. Shoot, I just realised I've kinda spoiled the entire thing..;;;; Uhhh,

Well, please ask for details since this is like, uh, a brieeeef summary?? (Please ask more q's about childhood arc ;;;; )

Hmm, here's a more concise version of whatever I've just stuffed in the spoiler tag above there, and probably more tailored to your q's rather than rambling on forever:
    1. MC stayed under the radar by holing himself up in his tower with his maid, Anthea and the boy (ML) he picks up, Caesar. He keeps on the down low, never requests to see the king and only goes near the castle when the king summons him (which was like twice or thrice), he even gifts the king and his 3rd wife with gifts as congrats on their marriage or something (but it's actually laced with poison??Implied to be anyways)
    2. Yes, in fact, the king's in the middle of trying to get his marriage with 1st wife (Selena) ruled as no longer legal so he can take on the 2nd wife he has waiting in the wings. 2nd wife is eventually pregnant but it's a girl. 2nd wife is killed before the girl is ever old enough to know. I've also forgotten that child's name...But she's not a significant character in the plot. Literally, aside from mentioning her a couple of times at first, she's very quickly forgotten. Or, since we, the readers really only focus on MC and ML, MC and ML don't interact or come into contact with that girl. MC only briefly meets her once, and even then, she's unaware that MC is her older bro.
    3. ML fell in love with MC because of how MC would take care of him. It's implied in the text that "the future changed in a slightly different direction in that moment/day" after MC promises to never leave ML unless ML wished for it. Which, he's never once did. And also, their cute moments where MC would always read a story to ML before bed, how MC would cook for ML (ML came to love the fish MC cooked for him), etc etc.
    4. History did change, luckily, and MC & ML got their HE together. And their sexytimes

Villains: The king, 2nd & 3rd wife, Duke Kelvin, Anthea???, Knowleson (the original that brought MC over)
    King dies later (it might be due to exposure to a long-release toxin that either may have been painted on or mixed into the vase of something because the author placed a weird amount emphasis on the vase when it came to the king's death and like, the king died from some illness. So did 3rd wife.
    2nd wife was killed earlier to make way for 3rd wife. But that was after she'd just had her child.
    Kelvin's killed by ML later. Same with Anthea (tbh, idk what she did exactly but she was shifty lol)
    Knowlesen eventually gave up on replacing MC to have ML to himself since this ML is not his "Caesar" that had died the first time for Knowlesen.
    So. Yeah. End of our baddies.
    5. MC faced a number of challenges but, I think the greatest ones were emotional ones. I can't say for sure since I've only skimmed it and mtl'd it too no less, so I'd've missed details. I can go back to translate those parts but I'd need questions to direct me, haha;;

Alrighty, this was still a long post.
    Sorry for the scary wall of text.:blobwhistle:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Misaki Yata, Ease, mereumsama and 9 others like this.
  10. ferrelrose

ferrelrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers:sushi_singing::blobparty:

kly likes this.
  11. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL of this novel is quite easy since the writer's style isn't in too wordy. Which is great!
    Here's the site I used to read the entire novel. It has the extras included. Paste the link into google translate or whichever go-to site for mtl you wish, and voila!
    It's really late to mention this now but the author of this novel is 西子绪

Strangely, the novel's cover used on that site is...a picture of Sephiroth form FF series lol please note that neither MC nor ML have long, luscious, pantene-ad-worthy silver hair like Sephiroth.

alexfilia and missycin like this.
  12. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're very welcome, thanks for leaving a comment (and for putting up with that terrible stack of text filled with run-on sentences and poorly spelt/grammar'd/punctuated sentences; may your brain endure this ordeal;; )

ferrelrose likes this.
  13. missycin

missycin Pikachu is ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ and BL is (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, there should be tw for rape

Contrary to history, Ceasar (ML) died protecting the original Knwoles. Because of grief, Knowles took Ceasar's name and it was his brother's name that became famous in history.

The original Knowles arranged for MC to take over his body so Ceasar can survive the plots in the castle. MC also had a plot of his own. When the King marries Wife #3, he sent a porcelain vase which was laced with poison. Since there was no porcelain in those days, the king liked it so much that it was placed in the royal bedroom. Both king and queen didn't realize that they were slowly being poisoned by the vase - sores, hallucinations, mood swings, etc. All three wives were guillotined.

Btw, Kelvin is really Ceasar's dad and to make Ceasar agree to take the throne, he set up a scene that MC and Kelvin were lovers. After Ceasar became the king, MC was still locked in his mansion bec ML is just so obsessed that he can't bear to be without his brother. ML treats MC well. So well that Kelvin arranged for MC to escape but in exchange he has to leave the kingdom forever. MC then becomes a pirate and is separated from his brother for 4 years.

Finally, after 4 years, Ceasar became strong enough to have Kelvin executed. Even with MC's return, things were still difficult until MC dreams of the true past and realized it was Ceasar who died - loved Knowles so much that he died for his brother.

Misaki Yata, Ease, kly and 6 others like this.
  14. UpInTheAir

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind the run on sentences
    It legible so alls good
    Thank you for the spoilers :cookie:
    Thank u for wishing me luck in my exams.... I'll try to not bomb it :blobdead:
    and ummm...... *cough*....... Sorry......but....... Can you go into detail about MC's childhood
    1. What happened during his childhood?
    2. Why did he decide to create those cases? Was it some sort of plan he had in mind?
    3. When MC was with the Pirates and at sea, how did he feel? How did that dude who fell for him try to come onto him?
    4. How did MC escape from the ship?
    5. What did ML feel when MC was gone? What did he do/act when he and MC reunited?

Sorry, it's a lot of questions :sweating_profusely:

kly likes this.
  15. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    About the cover, i actually also notice some of danmeis using Shizuo x Izaya pic, also using Hidaka Shoko works (the mangaka of Yuutsu no Asa and Hana wa Saku ka), and even QWTFOD cover actually belong to Japanese artist, i remember it bc i follow her pixiv, iirc the art supposed to be Kirito or sth.

Poor_Hero, kly and Shizun like this.
  16. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, its very likely that Anthea is not a normal maid. After all she was placed next to mc

kly likes this.
  17. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll make sure it doesn't slip my mind next time;;
    omg, Kelvin really made my blood boil with that move, it was really effective in getting ML to play into his hands...(ꐦ°᷄д°᷅) dammit, he's such a sleazeball, uggggghhh

No worries! Thanks for being patient with me! //pushes forward even more cookiesss
    As long as you try :blobpats:

1. Well, a lot of things did happen during childhood, one particular memorable scene was when ML had lost a tooth, and there was an obvious gap in the front. MC was absolutely enamoured, and ended up spreading it around and gossiping like some proud parent about how ML lost his first tooth - to like, two people but still XD ML was cool with MC telling Anthea because the maid served them in the tower, so who else could MC really gush too? What irked ML the most though, was that MC even gushed about ML's tooth gap (it's a front tooth too!) to Kelvin, which then made ML more conscious in hiding the tooth gap from MC lol
    MC even got curious and tries (twice?) to take a peek at ML's tooth gap while ML's sleeping but MC's still caught both times XD Geez, these two...

2. Cases? Are you referring to vases maybe? If it's vases, then MC did intentionally make those vases laced with some poison (that was never really explained further in detail, I don't think;; ) to slowly kill the king and his 3rd wife. It was both a form of revenge and to ensure that the king won't try to kill him later since MC is still in-line for the throne, even as an "illegitimate child". (I used quotation marks there because MC has backing from the church and since the court did once rule in favour for MC's mother, Selena to remain recognised as the legal wife, before the king got fed up with trying to go through the court that is, and played some underhanded means instead to arrest Selena and convict her of crimes that would lead to her execution. Furthermore, there's really no other child than MC suitable for the throne except until 3rd schemes for ML to be installed as the next king and succeeds.)

3. As he fled from the kingdom and away from ML, MC felt betrayed, desolate and even, resigned. At this point, he's completely convinced that history may not have changed after all, that ML's only after him to finish him off, and that ML had planned to betray him from the beginning, which upsets him because he's placed a lot of faith in ML given the how long they've spent together and depended on each other that ML wouldn't do this (betray MC by taking the throne) to him. In the time he's spent away from the kingdom, MC's body has become more robust, his skin has gone from pale to healthily tan and he got dem slender muscles lol
    MC worked with that pirate captain(?) google has dubbed him as, "Raines", who's the weak looking but the insane type of guy. Initially, MC and Raines worked together well before Raines started pursuing MC, which MC reacted by sneaking out from Raines' grasp and fleeing for his life. By now, it's been 2-3 years since MC left ML. Raines was suuuper mad, made the entire crew eat black bread for months while he was brooding. (Black bread was very, very hard bread, that had sand and pebbles mixed in it and was the type of bread the poorest of the poor subsisted on) Basically, it's never really gone into much detail about what MC did as a pirate and the time he'd spent in teaming up with Raines but Raines became very possessive of MC so MC decided he'd cut his losses and sneaked away overnight.
    First two years - MC spends his life getting along with the pirates and Raines
    3rd year - MC spent with Raines being overbearing
    4th year - MC had fled and spent ~ 1 year in that port town.

4. MC managed to escape by sneak off the ship when the ship docked at one of the ports to re-stock their supplies and swiftly fled to another town(??)

5. ML felt betrayed when MC decided to leave on that trip to retrieve his arranged marriage partner (a princess known to have slept around with countless numbers of lovers in her kingdom and that history had recorded her down as the princess who slept around so much that she eventually caught all kinds of STIs and died painfully from them.). Despite feeling hurt about MC's decision to leave, ML still intended for the throne to be MC's in the end but MC had fled instead (Funny thing, Kelvin, who helped MC to escape, told MC could be whoever and that he could even be a pirate. In saying all that, Kelvin never actually expected for MC to really flee and become a pirate lol what's wrong with be a pirate, huh?).
    ML was really gloomy, and cold. Learning under Kelvin whilst secretly plotting to get rid of him over time. His main goal was just to find MC, keep MC with him in the kingdom, and simply stay together forever. He's even made it so that no one but himself can enter the tower they used to stay at, being the one to personally (??that's if I'm recalling correctly. It's either ML or Anthea, or both who kept the tower spick and span for years) clean and maintain the place so it's spotless and left the way it had been when MC was still there. Once he's reunited with MC, ML's quick to place him back in that tower, as if that'll smooth out the knots in their current relationship back into the easy and amiable one they had started off with all those years ago.

Honestly, there are moments where ML sits on his throne, solitary and silent, dazedly thinking about MC. More than anything, ML is always thinking of MC and hoping for him to come back. ML is aware that MC hates him though, which is why he deploys people to search for him secretly so as not to scare MC into running away again.

The place Caesar presently resides is just beside the bedroom Qi Wei Leng had formerly occupied. His face is like icy frost as he enters Qi Wei Leng’s bedroom, dismissing all the servants.
    “Big brother.” Carefully caressing the bedsheets, Caesar breathed in deeply a mouthful, his voice bore a touch of fragility, “Big brother, where are you.”
    “Do you not miss Caesar?” Caesar buries his head within the bedsheets, sucking in (another) deep mouthful of air, “……Already four years, I truly, miss you very much ah.”
    If I’m unable to meet you again, I fear I will do something terrible. Caesar’s face is expressionless as he reflects…With no you in the country*, there is absolutely no value in its/my(???) existence whatsoever.

The country is actually called Ying Guo 鹰国 which incidentally, sounds like Britain but the characters refer to it as the country of eagles(?)

When MC reunites with ML, it's actually because Raines had unintentionally facilitated their meeting. Raines had discovered a trail that led to MC's whereabouts and MC was blackmailed into turning himself in since they took hostages (the hostages were villagers, a mother and her son, whom MC had been pretty friendly with, so low blow there.). Raines then was going to a meeting with ML because the intention was to discuss a possible temporary alliance? a deal between ML's kingdom and the pirates (who, now that I mention it, are quite infamous), unaware of MC's connection to ML, he had brought MC to the dinner?/meeting?.
    Raines, clueless dope he is, assumes MC is nervous when their carriage arrives at the meeting place (where MC recognises the squad of knights that work for ML and freezes up), grabs MC's hand to hold it. Dressed in civilian clothing but looking no less noble (<- MC's words), ML opens his carriage door. Seeing that face after four years, MC reflexively clutches the hand around his tightly. Immediately, MC's mood plummets when he sees MC standing with Raines and even holding hands. He feels a wild urge to rush over and break up their hand-holding and grab MC's hand in his instead lol. Vinegar chugging at first sight.
    But ML still manages to play it cool, acting as if he doesn't recognise MC and greets Raines first.
    But then Raines is like, "Oh, him? He's my lover"
    And ML's heart is aching, and his aggrieved gaze is directed to MC. Which annoys the confused MC lol who is wondering, irritated, why ML's giving him a kick-puppy stare. But in front of Raines, ML really can't do anything/approach MC. Lest Raines picks up on the weird atmosphere between MC and ML (which he already half has) and whisks MC away forever or something.
    At midnight though, MC slinks out of his bedroom because he's feeling restless and can't sleep. Staring up at the night sky filled with twinkling stars etc etc, on the ship, ML creeps up behind MC and that's when he finally calls out to MC, "Not sleeping?" "Big brother" -cue sad face- "Big brother, do you know how much I've longed for you?"
    Following that, is like, ML asking if MC's afraid of him? Afraid that ML would hurt MC? There's nobody who can hurt you (plasters himself against MC)
    MC's confused and hella freaked out. o_O;;
    Oh and, then ML lands a smooch on MC which completely shocks and outrages MC.
    So uh, great reunion;;

Please excuse the late reply:blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  18. kly

kly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OHO. :blobxd:
    Personally, I think it's cool and hilarious to see random anime characters on the cover of danmei novels but I sure hope they don't publish with those same covers though;;;

Yeah, it's generally the quiet ones to look out for :notlikeblob:

19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And then?

kly and Misaki Yata like this.
  20. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly. And then? contionuation plz