Can a legion of tanks overpower a tsunami?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Lazriser, May 26, 2020.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have two "cultivators" that can "cultivate" disasters.
    One is an unarmed militant and another is a rogue swordsman from a distant land.
    Both possess "cultivation", the former manifests the concept of "explosions", and the other "pressure".
    Their "weapons" are holders of every disaster lifeforms have faced in the present history.
    As both haven't yet reach the realm of perfection, the militant can only downgrade "explosions" to "firepower"; same with the swordsman whose "pressure" became "waves".
    "Cultivating firepower" by using the concept of "firepower" from tanks he personally "cultivated".
    "Cultivating waves" by using the concept of "waves" from tsunamis he personally "cultivated".
    These "cultivators" attack each other with both physical and non-physical forces; hence, neither's attacks can be stopped, only "destroyed", "withstood", or "delayed", as the nature of their "cultivation" is impossible to stop due to both possessing "living consciousness".

He punches with the "firepower" of a 6,000 tanks or more. His opponent counters with distributing "waves" of a countless tsunamis. They can't die or be defeated easily unless one of them drains their "cultivation" or they self-destruct from over-"cultivating".

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This isn't even a contest. AFAIK, even nuclear bombs aren't enough to trigger tsunamis. The scale and magnitude of nature's firepower is completely beyond anything mankind can recreate or hope to match (with present tech, at least).

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagined Stalin walking in a garden with a water can, watering tomato plants but instead of tomatoes there were tanks

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I cannot find how much output force of a tank firing, but I would assume that even if the "tank" is a dreadnought, 6000*force still equals to not enough if the tsunami is the standard 3 storeys tall and moving in at 500mph. But if you were to look at penetrations versus AoE smack, 以点破面, as in to puncture a plane with a single focus point, then maybe the Tank Cultivator can win.

However, why would a cultivator sticks his head into modern weaponry when he can go for forces of nature with firepower like maybe a nuclear detonation?

asriu and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  5. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't really say since even if you say tanks what type of tanks? Anti-personnel? Heavy? Light? Etc. And even then different tanks in the same classification can have different fire power (bullet size and type). Once you figured those out you could probably convert the "fire power" of a punch into the force of an attack.

Waves/tsunami is also a little vague as how big is it would affect if a punch or multiple can destroy it. And even then it's usually not really necessary to completely destroy a wave if you destroy just enough to make room for the character to pass through

asriu likes this.
  6. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    u know your asking for a scientific answer for an insanely unscientific question

sigh... where to begin
    right tanks so 6k tanks "firepower" is already insanely unspecific since tanks dont have firepower so to speak its the ammunition but since you say go boom lets go with High explosive rounds with erm.... energy yeah sure that... but what kind of energy? right erm.... fk it heat energy so assuming 1 tank "firepower" is aprox 100 degrees Celcius

6k of em would be 600k °C right u wanna know how hot the sun is? 5,505 °C fking amazing
    so essentially the boiling point of water is more or less 100 degrees right so you see how dumb this argument is? right fk it

so tsunami essentially a shit ton of water being pushed towards land there is no pressure there... pressure is what u get when you go deep fking underwater or if u focus that water into a tight space and launch it out... but fine for arguments sake we go pressure of a tsunami fk it
    so the force of a tsunami is based on the magnitude of the earthquake that starts up the fker...... but since we got pressure ...... fk how do you even analyze that fk it pointless at this point..

point is 6k tanks would essentially have enough "energy" to vaporize a tsunami if its focused

7. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking more of piercing and explosive power of a tank.
    They're not really xianxia cultivators. I just call them that, because their weapons were originally meant for terraforming planets. Think of authorities weaponizing cultivation tools for military purposes.

0000000 and otaku31 like this.
  8. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this is what I meant. My bad, I worded it very wrongly.
    The swordsman can transform the tsunami into a offensive or defensive move. The militant has enough experience to barely dodge or redirect the swordsman's moves. I'm just wondering if the piercing power focused in his bursts can pierce through the swordsman's defense with that small gap of his attacks.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes this cat think you bite more than you can chew...
    seriously~
    to answer your vague non deciphered question

its a draw
    how? both side use energy on single point target no dispersion..... deal with it~

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Factors are omitted.

And pressure doesn't cause waves, it's vibration. A disturbance in a medium cause waves, and only vibrations could do it.

Maybe he used pressure to create vibrations ?.

But how is he exerting pressure?, Comparing to what?.

Is he pushing it to cause them?.

It's quite irrelevant to the answer but just saying.

Now..

One is a wide area effect, a tsunami, and one is a focused beam?(what do you mean by 6000 tank punch?, Is it their shells combined as one?).

If the tsunami can last long enough it will overpower the tank man.

If the tank man's area of explosion can neutralize the force of tsunami he can destroy the tsunami and then add one more to finish the wave guy before he calls another one.

One needs to last long, the other needs to blast hard and big.

Hmm, by going into how tuff each trait is..

I guess the tank man will win.

Cause his an instantaneous punch so the chances of it passing through the wave crust and hitting the enemy is greater. He will be on the offensive all the time, whereas the tsunami guy got to stay behind the waves.

Then again if the wave guy could create continuous waves and can move around the water freely he could be passive offensive and dry out the enemy and swoop for the kill.

11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If both targets shove all the kinetic energy from said force into there fist the tsunami would absolutely win
    6000 tanks energy is approximately .5(2000^2 * 21) * 6000= 2.5*10^12 Joules assuming shot speed of 2 km/s and 21 kg tank shell (quick google)
    the kinetic energy of a tsunami is closer to 2x10^18 Joules (one that hit japan in 2011) and since he has multiple of those the tank cultivator will get absolutely roasted(google energy of a tsunami)

if you want the tank cultivator dude to win I guess you could have the force be more focused than the tsunami since a tsunamis main force comes from it being dummy thick while a tanks force comes from its speed

GDLiZy likes this.
  12. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    u owe me ur soul desu~

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are planning on the notion of using a point to break an area, my advice will be to try and calculate the amount of energy of a wave divided by the supposed area and see if the 6000*cannon explosion has enough momentum to push through.

You almost made me want to continue writing my dead works, thankfully my day job is good enough to kill the passion.

14. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except one of them will vaporize his target outright with even 0,0001% of his output. Judging by xianxia rules of bullshit he can easily dodge the tank guy. Its like fodder from the first village vs overpowered protagonist from 6 arcs later.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    both of them can pull same bullshit so a draw~
    unless more detail involve~
    it matter which bullshit is bigger than other bullshit~

16. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    You underestimate the difference in power between a bunch of tanks and a tsunami. The poster earlier wasn't kidding when he said human invention pales in comparison to natural disasters. Even a mild hurricane unleashes the power of ten thousand nagasaki bombs, nevermind behemoths like cathrina. I wasn't kidding with my comparison: MC after 6 arcs vs village boy.

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    da scale is totally unknown~ how do you expect full comprehension?
    if tsumani bullshit on scale just 1 meter wave which happen on nearby sea less than 1 kilometer on range from nearby land with deep less than 100 meter below ground on meter wave compared with 6k main battle tank type equipped anti main battle tank bullet which one will win power scale?
    vice versa tsunami created by meteor hit earth which make lava tsunami during dinosaur era against 6k light tank type equipped only with close combat anti infantry unit which one will win?

see? which bullshit bigger compared with other bullshit hence this cat stated just draw cuz both put same bullshit level~

heck if put on those tank on level cultivation used for military standard the scale can off the chart compared current known tank power~ bullshit power on demand~ simple unknown~
    natural cultivator power grade on natural power unknown~
    modern cultivation power grade also unknown~
    19637.png

18. Feng Tian

Reading List:
    Link
    So, besides me getting a headache from your atrocious english I also had to reread your incoherent mess twice just to understand it AFTER turning into readable english.
    You do realize a tsunamis height has little to do with its energy? As it makes landfall it merely becomes much much more visible. No matter how shitty the users efficiency is when using that attack: A millionth of a fraction would still surpass all 6k tank shells combined in power. The number is so vast it is simply incomprehensible to your brain. So, if he can just use 1/1.000.000th of the attacks power on a single point his enemy is dead. If he can only use that fraction to move himself he will seemingly teleport. We are talking about scales of power here which are hard to describe without going into the units usually reserved for well... natural disasters and yearly energy productions of industrialized countries...

19. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    This might honestly be the weirdest thread i've seen in this section ever.

20. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Define a legion. To answer the question, anything is possible if you throw enough of something at the target. Want to push away the moon? Keep launching Saturn V rockets at it for a thousand years every day. The moon will most definitely run away eventually.

You want to stop a tsunami with tanks? Stack up tanks in a pyramid up to 100 meters high for 8 lines. That should be more than enough to stop a tsunami. The tanks on the front line would be completely wrecked, though.