Discussion Can someone explain me why naruto didn't learn any wind tecniques?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by LordOfPears12, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're talking about against Deidara then Naruto had yet to learn elemental manipulation. I believe his training with Jiraiya focused on shoring up his basics and using the Kyuubi's chakra. He does start using wind jutsu later on though.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    author turned him into the biggest idiotic MC in the comic world, that he forgot about it.
    He had wind element in the chakra, he got fire from Fox, then he got nature which is special element after learning with the frogs. So he had 3 kinds of it, but mostly used nature [sage mode] and fox's. Weird thing is, HIS own chakra was much more then the chakra he had gotten from fox and nature.

Rassen shuriken had slight bit of wind elements.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the rasengan was never his main weapon. Talk no jutsu trumps them all!

4. Eclantro

Eclantro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several reasons. Firstly, as you said yourself, he is horrible at chakra control. He got a bit better learning the rasengan, but it's still terrible due to his immense chakra pool. Secondly, just as bad as he is at chakra control he is just as bad at elemental shifts. The rasengan for naruto is a terribly impractical technique to begin with and the rasenshuriken even more so. Both of these are like solarbeam in pokemon. He cant just use them, he needs to prepare for it. The rasenshuriken doesn't become remotely practical until he gets Kurama's chakra through the tug of war. Thirdly, he just had bigger fish to fry. The time between learning wind chakra and the death of Jiraiya wasn't that much. Immediately afterwards he learned sage mode, then in the aftermath of the Pain battle, Danzo got offed and war was declared. Then Naruto got sent off to master his tailed beast charka and then the war arc begins. There was no real point where learning more wind would be useful to him, and he didn't have time to bother either.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Or he’s an idiot.:blobrofl:

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    When is it ever said that he got fire from Kyuubi? I also don't know how you could say that his own chakra was more than Kurama's or from Nature. Kurama had enough chakra to split between the entire shinobi army and how much natural energy you can use is directly proportional to the amount of chakra you have.

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn’t learn wind techniques because he couldn’t break it? (you all knew a body function joke was coming from me...accept it.)

:blobtongue:

8. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    You should watch first season again.

9. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you could answer questions about what you say. At any rate I know that: 1. It was never said that Kyuubi gives Naruto a fire affinity. 2. When Naruto checked his affinity it didn't show fire. 3. Naruto could only summon tadpoles and Gamakichi with his own chakra in part one and needed the Kyuubi's chakra to summon Gamabunta.

10. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    wow I never thought I'd see someone like this after so many years.

Let me ask you something, since when have you started [watched] naruto? and what was your first impression of it??

11. LordOfPears12

LordOfPears12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So after 2.5 years he only learned to make a bigger blue ball, improved taijutsu and how to sligtly better ultilize fox chackra? Lol we talking about 850 days
    Either he is an idoit or jiraiya is even worse than kakashi at teaching

12. LordOfPears12

Reading List:
    Link
    Terrible chara control after 2.5 years traoning with jiraiya?! The rasengan is impratical for others not him he can basically spam it with clones. He stabilizes the rasenshuriken after learning sage chackra to due to him being unable to control it and weak body. 2.5 YEARS FRIGGING bloody 850 days

13. Eclantro

Eclantro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that he has to use clones at all is what makes it impractical for him. His clones are the only reason he can use it at all. And he STILL has to use them to use the rasengan after training with Jiraiya. He doesn't lose the shadow clone req until well into the war arc. Also, yes his chakra control doesn't improve while training. His problem is not rooted in his skill. His problem is that he is trying to do delicate operations with an ocean of chakra that is actively fighting him.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said I think he shored up his basics. Basically a lot of the stuff he should have known after graduating the academy that he obviously didn't as a genin. There was probably a bunch of stuff that wouldn't be important in combat that is still necessary as a shinobi like tracking or something.

Kakashi's an excellent teacher. Whenever he tried to teach a skill he did it rather quickly. I just think people take sensei to mean 'teacher' too literally in this case. Iruka is a teacher. Jounin sensei are more commanding officers in the military. Like in that scene where Kakashi tells Iruka that they're no longer his students, they're his soldiers(or something like that). Now that sometimes requires teaching things but there are very few jounin sensei in the series we see actively training students so it makes no sense to pretend that Kakashi is horrible.

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean wind beats lightning? Is this an in-universe reference or a real world reference because in the real world, neither beats each other since two completely separate things that aren't effected by supremacy.

If it's an in-universe reference, sorry, Ai-chan hasn't read Naruto for a long time. When the manga ended, Ai-chan was "Hooray! It's finally ended! Man, it should've ended a long time ago!"

He has poor chakra control, but he has a lot more chakra than most people. So he used his enormous chakra to brute force his way into making the rasengan. Probably won't work for general wind techniques because those are mostly bloodline and control-based, and since has poor chakra control, he won't be able to do those detailed stuff.

Rasengan is not really wind magic. Rasengan is wind compressed by brute-forcing wind into a small container. It's like pointing the end of 10 jet turbines into a single point from multiple vectors. It probably won't make a fusion reaction, but gotta admit that whoever is at that single point where the exhaust of 10 jet turbines mix together would be blown apart.

16. LordOfPears12

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't the rasengan just pure chackra manipulation? I think you are refering to the ransenshuriken basically a mini nuke with an extreme razor sharp end. That consists of a rasengan mixed with wind chackra

17. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say perhaps a matter of circumstances and it wasn't felt the need to or the chance in the right time

18. GinDole

GinDole Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Between the adventures and the whole saving the world thing I guess Naruto just didn't have the time to learn any.