Discussion Can you accept girl that rejected by MC marrys another guy after many years?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Goodhtlorr, May 29, 2019.

Tags:
?

Can you accept girl that rejected by MC marrys another guy after many years?

1. definitely can

148 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. definitely can't

8 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. it all depends

66 vote(s)
    29.7%
  1. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Self-insert
    Don't
    Not even once
    The only thing you should self-insert as is a ball of consciousness always hovering above the world watching all shenanigans the characters do.

mir and Sabruness like this.
  2. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Self insert as in having a few similarities with yourself, so you can partially relate with them is ok i think.
    The type that i hate is self insert that outwardly shoehorned themselves as "Im the mc long lost twin!!! I am as powerful as him and we think similarly! But now the story is about ME!!!!!"
    Thats just lazy.

3. SakuraKoi

SakuraKoi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mayhaps due to the fact that placing a rule, or rather, restriction on (whom to) love is arbitrary, especially without real reason? Yes, like everywhere, context matters but unless one actually explains a scenario where someone rejected must not move on, then it is reasonable to say that one who wants this, even if just for a "good story" is unreasonable.

It's important to note though that "surprise" does not mean, "something arbitrary", something out-of-character or something for no reason. Rather characters are simply so complex and so creative that they take valid actions which one did not expect in advance but can see that one could have thought of that, for good reasons. Otherwise, this would just apply to "mad" characters that intend to do harm anyway but even then, actually, a good villain also has some fair reasoning, just to do maximum damage instead (instead of some stupid actions that ruins them).

One must not suspend their disbelief over and over again, like when yet another (in)convenient coincidence chains into another, rather it is asked for when accepting the premises of a work. We for sure can accept when magic or sci-fi tech exists but such must follow its own rules and not be arbitrary.

Just take the existence of Instant Mind Control Magic as example (also including, Selective, Memory Wiping and Alteration), it's just horrible for drama, horribly convenient and ironically often without actual effect on any other "system" (like somebody will be judged for the deeds they committed when they were mind controlled just like they would be when they would have been sane).

Voyeur, Lack of Empathy, such M.O. should not be condoned. A "god" who is not aware of themselves is not better than a devil, if not worse. It's called "guilty pleasures" for a reason.

Feng Tian likes this.
  4. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes i can, but it will also depend on how the author manages the carachter growt after the rejection.

5. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I often name the big 3 (space, time and fate) as the setting breakers among the magic options mind is not much less "broken" and thus strictly limited to mind/memory reading in my own setting. And even that is a military-grade magic and all users of it are put under enslavement magic (tracking and limiting use of magic) just because it is THAT dangerous even in this heavily limited form. The enslavement magic is under just as heavy control for similar reasons even if it cant control a characters actions.

If your premise for a setting is " Just 1990 New York but with magic" you already failed. But we are drifting off-topic here...

6. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why wouldn't you accept it??? Honestly confused. He rejected her, what right does he have to butt into her future relationships?

You want her to be hung up on one guy her entire life, wasting her youth and dying alone?

I mean c'mon, unless the MC was a piece of indecisive trash even HE wouldn't wish that on her.
    And if her wants her there as a sort of side-bae or "back up" in case his relationship goes awry, then that's rude to both/all the girls he is presumably "in love" with. That's scum level right there.

Someguy666 and Sabruness like this.
  7. ralp.02

ralp.02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In an ideal and rational setting, absolutely yes. She was rejected by MC naturally she has all the right to fall in love with another.

I don't care if she moved on or she is using the 'jealousy' card or 'regret' card as long as MC stands for his own decision then I have no qualms about it.

It would be another matter if MC is affected and can't move on or believes that every girls' attention revolves only around him. If that were the case then to hell with the MC and raise that rejected girl as the protagonist. We don't need no trash MC.

8. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude are you so out of it you started searching mistakes in wording instead? And i meant some of the few only acceptable instances.
    Yup, lets take out that "im actually not giving a damn im talking about a more profound thing" card. Much appreciated.
    This whole time i was talking about the mc tho, so you are not talking about the mc? Then you absolutely have no right to criticize my point up until now. Or should i say.... Its not valid?
    I say stop commenting to salvage whats left of your pride.
    Im embarassed in your stead.

9. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    those girl need to move on their life.
    There is similar scenario but not MC reject but the girl reject MC
    Shirone from Ankoku Kishi Monogatari. She stick the Reiji like Bee and Honey but she do not accept the fact that Kuroki getting new girl. And the reason why Kuroki avoided by girl in their original world is probably due to Shirone constantly bad mouth him in front of those girl.

10. jihadjoe

jihadjoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HAREM END IS HAPPY END!

11. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you what to keep it, you should've put a ring it.
    Woah, oh, oh, oh.

mir likes this.
  12. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yes. I have been losing my empathy gradually. I used to feel for the characters in a story, but not anymore. I've had enough of my own life to feel for fictional character.
    I wonder if God also had enough of us by now.

13. SakuraKoi

SakuraKoi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, you quite misunderstood the concept of Empathy. Sympathy is "feeling for one", Empathy is "feeling with one".

But welp, if you want to feel alone, go ahead~

14. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the kind of person who 9/10 times want MC to remain alone and the girls ending up with someone else. I mean we all agree MCs tend to suck, why do we want best girl end up with the crappy MC?

Maybe people self insert too much, but I think characters deserve what they deserve, so if the MC is not pulling their weight to match best girl, then I hope best girl ends up elsewhere happy.

So to your question, easily. They got rejected, they should move on.

15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ughhh that not rejection though , damn it it's remind me Dragon Quest 9 , i almost drop it because npc back story.