Cannabis? Legalize it or not?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aszai, Mar 5, 2016.

?

Marijuana

1. I tried it once, never again

10 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. I smoke regularly

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Never tried it

37 vote(s)
    59.7%
  4. Should be banned

17 vote(s)
    27.4%
  5. Should be legalized

25 vote(s)
    40.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't smoke it. Fine with it being legalized, taxed and regulated. Around 10-15% of the country uses it. We have a history of cannabis use. It's the fourth most popular recreational drug after caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Also our most popular illegal drug by a long shot. Might as well create an industry out of it and rake in the profits. Spend that police money in other directions (like tackling human trafficking and harder drugs).

ANonMouse and ludagad like this.
  2. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Never tried it but i hate the smell. So I probably will never try it

3. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Voted legalize and never tried it. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, sugar is my high!

More seriously most of the reasons people do weed or drink seem stupid to me.
    I can't sleep without a drink(ex-tenant of mine) or some weed(current tenant) = your brain chemistry is messed up. Smash it a few times with a shoe or hammer to fix it

I'm still fine with other people spending way too much money for minutes of enjoyment though, still cheaper than golf.

ludagad and imK like this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this pretty old one no?
    vote for no, drug kinda big problem on this cat country so nope use ganja for substitute for kokain, heroine, ecstasy or such~ oh yeah you can use it for substitute of such drug, well on general recreational drug is forbidden on this cat country so buzz of you cannabis~ it bring more headache than good thing~
    did you know you can eat cannabis like regular vegetable? try eat da fresh leaf with instant noodle~ hmm it taste like spinach?

5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried once... Meh didn't really feel hooked...

No I wouldn't want it legalized... Cause it's got more into it than just weed.

For a long time it's been in black area along with coke, heroin, acid etc... So you open one side and the rest leaks out.

Also it's been known as a gateway drug for this reason and cause kids start off with this and end up with heroin

Our society isn't mature enough to differentiate good from bad (like on net) so no, not yet.

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't tried and not curious to do it. Even a bit repulsed by the idea. Anything that can alter my mind and perception is a no from me. Alcohol included. That said, I'm pro legalizing it. In fact, legalize all the drugs, legalize prostitution too. And tax it. Slowly get rid of the mafia. Get rid of private prisons and corrupt systems. And passively kill a massive amount of weak-willed people (od'd from drugs). I'm all for it. It'll benefit humanity in the long run. With all that drug tax money, make abortions and pregnancy prevention free. I'm sure there'll be some leftover money for the military and maybe even schools. Sure, the world would sink in debauchery, but it'll eventually emerge cleansed. In any case, cannabis is the least of my worries.

imK likes this.
  7. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I just saw date of first post....
    4 year old necro lol.

8. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best way to decrease use is to legalize something, increase taxes and promote education of the risks associated with the substance. I have never used it but I don't care if other people use it as long as I can't smell it or have to deal with it. So legalize it.

For example in most countries alcohol is legal. I have never had the desire to drink alcohol. I don't mind if others drink so long as I don't have to deal with it. Same for cigarettes, except people often smoke and make the whole are smell.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    on general this cat agree legalize it may decreases people sneak enjoy it and stuff plus education and tax~ well we need to consider lot more tho~ on Asia, we learn from China history what recreational drug can do to devastate it own population so unlike Europe or USA with their history that seem can contain or control high people from devastate themselves on recreational drugs, on general Asia country is really tough on drugs~ this is quite different from westerners approach on recreational drug whenever this cat see debate about legalize recreational drug~

10. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that is a valid point. My opinion comes from observing Portugal, Switzerland and some other European countries. They experienced an increase in drug use for about a year after drug use was decriminalized. After that rates returned to average usage and have been steadily dropping since, more so in those under 25. Asia had the opium and then the morphine epidemics. It might be interesting to look into the differences and see what can be learned.

11. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KILL IT WITH FIRE

12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in Washington state. :p:p:p

13. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I've stated my stance on this like 1 or 2 years ago but I believe in legalizing it and releasing alot of the people in jail for it too.

I say this because I've seen what weed can do to people while growing up. We can teach people on how to avoid addictions easily but we choose not to.

We should release a large amount of the people that have been sentenced for selling weed but we need to be very specific on this. We need to keep the following people locked away:
    • people that knowingly laced weed and or knowingly selling laced weed
    • mf's that try to sell to kids
    • dickheads that think its ok to transport over 20 pounds of weed without a selling license or a actual legit traceable reason
    We should also be teaching children about what weed does to them. If you think "well that'll just make em want to do it more" then you're prob stupid. They were most likely already doing it before you even said something.

We need to combat the people that feed off others addictions. Weed is a gateway drug and so is any other drug. I'm not saying every time someone smokes they think about doing crack. I'm saying that it COULD bring forth the idea of trying other things ie a gateway.

We should be cracking down on actual bad mf's like lacers, opioid sellers, and mfs that try to profit off of unfortunates. We cannot and should not do what the usa did with the war on drugs.

If you do not know what the war on drugs is; I reccomend you read this War on drugs wiki page and this wiki page on the opioid epidemic in the usa.

The government has used its power to arrest and abuse the people under the false statement of "protecting the people" when in fact they themselves are the ones hurting the people.

We will fuck-up along the way but hopefully in the future we don't fuck up like how we did before.

14. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    Cannabis for smoking, no. Cannabis for medical, kinda yes. But I like cannabis as hemp fiber for material building, it's strong material tho.

15. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can always tell when people are high on NUF. They always necro this thread.

Well. Not anymore, I suppose. :blobpeek:

Agentt and baka8roukanako like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.