Discussion Cannibalism PTSD

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Amaruna Myu, Jul 20, 2020.

?

whats your answer?

1. 2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. 9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    a curious and hypothetical question here,
    if you were conscious of the fact that you were eating human meat, and you ate it for a long period of time since childhood where your personality was malleable, would you...
    ① Feel disgusted about it when you grow up and become vegetarian
    ② or grow up to become a manic psychopath with a love of human meat?

I feel like both would be a cool storybook idea
    but neither would be nice irl

The_Great_ASK likes this.
  2. Msuuuuuu

Msuuuuuu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I grew up eating human meat as a staple diet, I do not think it would be that disgusting cause I would have conditioned my mind and body to as that was the norm.

But to start and eat that out of nowhere, no effing way unless with the exception of the case of extreme famine.

3. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure I would be like "oh shoot, that was human? Dang that's kinda messes up" and then stop eating human meat for the most part. Unless of course that human meat came from alternate reality versions of myself, or cloned meat from my DNA since I'm sure I've consumed a decent amount of my own flesh over the years anyways with various injuries of mine.

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably die because cannibalism leads to many health problems. But if I never knew that eating human meat was 'bad' and suddenly I was told it was, I would just feel offended. Then I'd either stop eating it, or do it secretly so I don't attract too much attention

Seafall likes this.
  5. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    This is basically the same as asking a person if they’d continue to eat meat after learning for the first time that it’s made from killing and butchering animals. There’s a sense that it’s immoral but doesn’t stop it from being tasty.

Bloodysin28 and Seafall like this.
  6. CuberAzrael

CuberAzrael 『 Hymn of Gratitude』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I just remember a manga named "Fire Punch" (idk, I don't really remember) it's a good manga actually. The backstory was that it's earth in post apocalyptic setting where ice age come again and human develop superpower. Mc has regeneration and cut his own body to give to villager out of famine.

So yea, not going to debate about morale etiquette or whatnot but if it's because of hunger maybe human would have conditioned themselves not to be disgusted with it, mostly because humans are such adaptable creature.

Seafall likes this.
  7. Deleted member 185523

Deleted member 185523 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly humans are a pretty shit meat source (low calorie count and danger of a prion disease) and if corpses aren't farmed on a large industrial scale it would be pretty hard to get. Even then humans never were breed to be a good meat source so you mostly could only eat scrawny muscle and fat which is pretty disgusting and very hard to harvest.
    That makes it likely that in order to get the meat you would have to pay a lot/ buy from smaller, less health checked vendors or harvest it yourself (that, universally being frowned upon since it requires killing productive members of society). The meat itself doesn't differ much from pork (allegedly) and lacks good cuts. Honestly in that situation most people, even if they saw nothing wrong with it, wouldn't bother to get human meat, since it also would be quite expensive and unsafe. ( could be that sb eats it irregularly knowing the risks for nostalgia value, but even that would happen rarely)

Seafall likes this.
  8. Seafall

Seafall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it only the brain that causes diseases? Like Kuru.

Or are there any others?

9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I had been playing with my dick since i was six, even after the whole BS on religious shits like blind, hairy palms and etc etc, I still play with my little boy everyday.

When you do it from young, you don't find it awkward, unless you did it in public and everyone's judging, kinda ruin the relationship in my elementary.

Seafall likes this.
  10. Seafall

Seafall Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Heyyy, I just remembered a story with a similar situation to that:

Anorexia - Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou

11. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I should have added that the disgust was because you had to do mass killings to eat
    and ignore the illnesses...
    my bad

12. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much info bro.

13. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Old Lady ♡〗〖High Acidity ♡〗〖Lethal ♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    probably like "oh I wasn't supposed to eat that?"
    and if I ended up somehow addicted to the taste, then option 2

option 1 wouldn't really happen unless I interacted with human society from young (e.g. if I go to the local public school or something), without which my morality might be kind of twisted
    going to school wouldn't really be plausible if whoever was feeding me kept killing people (home-schooling or no education would be more believable)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  14. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    1)I know some friends who turned vegans and now just feel repulsive at meat... So option one could be possible.

2) skin the cuts, and dredge them in ice cold water for awhile.

Now in a bowl take two-three fetus's extracted juices, add in the spices - cayenne, pepper, ginger powder, and salt for taste.

Now add in the meat cuts into the seasoning mixture and use your hands to rub in the spices into the meat.

women thigh cuts in fetus's juice! Ah match made in heaven! Make sure to marinate for 6-8 hours before deep frying.

( Sound familiar?...make it chicken cuts and egg yolks...)

If I grew up eating in a particular way, I won't change it with no reason... I still love deep fried chicken even though it's high on carb.

Though I would go with option one cause a story in which a race is eating itself is doomed to fall or change its platter soon

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno
    Ask google-sensei

16. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
      well..meat is meat, i guess :blobwoah::blobwoah::blobsleepless:

CuberAzrael likes this.
  17. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is eating you?

18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither. Meat is meat. Would Ai-chan feel disgusted being fed human meat as a child? Probably. Would Ai-chan be angry? Most likely. Would Ai-chan stop eating meat because of that? Eh, this is neither here nor there. Being fed human meat in childhood does not affect Ai-chan's preferences in adulthood.

SImilarly, if Ai-chan was raised being a yuri, it doesn't mean Ai-chan will continue to be yuri in the future. They're not mutually inclusive or a subset of each other. Ai-chan personal choice matters a lot more.

Frankly, if one were to blame their parents for them being a vegetarian, Ai-chan would say, "Crybaby!" You're a human being, and human beings are responsible for their own actions. If something is wrong, then choose to oppose it or embrace it, but don't blame others for it.

19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    none of that~
    to change habit there should be good convince reason~ for this case theoretically moral, health, practical one such as how hard to acquire it~

it more appeal for this cat why read human meat since childhood on first place?

20. Deleted member 185523

Deleted member 185523 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    While it only ever was observed in Madagascar with brains prion diseases are basically just reversed proteins (the stuff that you have everywhere in your body) so with enough time and widespread consumption every part could be dangerous. Cows, for example carried a prion disease in their bones (bone meal was added to the feed) which, given enough time and seems to randomly develop. Prion diseases are rare since cannibalism isn't a often (if widespread) phenomenon, but in the fictional example it is quite likely that such a disease spreads