Resolved cannot edit genre anymore

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by tides, Nov 15, 2019.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ive been fixing genre of some novels and i just noticed that i cant edit them anymore

2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    hi,

i've been paying attention to your 'fix' for a quite a while, actually. you're removing too many genres from each novel, even to the point of stripping all (but one) of them on some novels.

while i do agree some novels were tagged with too many genres (and tags), removing all of them is not the way it should be. therefore on your recent cleaning, i had to put a temporary stop to it, while i review them one by one.

anyway, your editing capabilites have been restored for now.

Blitz and Arcturus like this.
  3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i removed genre because they're wrong
    fantasy should not be with xianhuan because xuanhuan is basically xianxia + fantasy
    same thing for xianxia + xuanhuan, it should only be one or the other

also some novels with like, one joke are the comedy genre which is wrong because it should be a tag. same for action and everything else i removed. comedy genre should be for novels that are constantly funny like AWE, silly alchemist, or LOHP

martial arts should also be for novels like martial arts master, where it is a core theme or reccuring theme because its a genre.

not XX spends 5 days practicing flying dragon = martial arts genre

it would have been nice if you sent me a pm when you did what you did to inform me anyway thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019