Can't access Active Translations

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SubhanBihan, Oct 24, 2021.

1. SubhanBihan

SubhanBihan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this issue, but it seemed the most appropriate.

I've never been able to access the Active Translations website. Trying to enter just gives me an error, and cites my IP and country code (BD). I guess the website is just inaccessible from my country...? But using a VPN or IP masker doesn't work either (the error page looks a bit different - Error 403 - but same end result).

I enjoy reading a couple of novels of theirs (The Villain wants to Live & Turns out to be a genius duelist). The fact that I need to rely on 3rd party novel-copy websites which only update their chapters on a whim is just depressing.

Again, I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this. Should I just email the website or something (though, since I can't access the site, I don't know their email address either)?

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we should make a mega-thread at this point...

the site blocks vpn's and also blocks most of Asia in an attempt to stop aggregators from stealing their content. This ends up blocking a lot of regular users. @Active_Translations might be able to help you but they're rarely here.

Solus and SubhanBihan like this.
  3. SubhanBihan

SubhanBihan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, blocking most of Asia just to prevent plagiarism. That's perfectly normal and acceptable.

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    lol why even bother when shit still got stolen

Active_Translations likes this.
  5. Mors86

Mors86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because people pay to get immediate gratification, so chances are they'll still visit on A-T site rather than wait for aggregators if there's a delay. You don't have to block them forever, just for a day.

Oldboy48 likes this.