Resolved Can't log out of Facebook

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by LordCorwin, Jun 4, 2019.

1. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I know this sounds weird. But I'm having trouble logging out of Facebook. I can log-in just fine, I can force it to logout by deleting the cookies for the specific site. I can even run a cleaner to delete all the cached information in temporary files on my computer that's forcing a logout. but when I'm logged into Facebook on my desktop computer using Google chrome and I try to click on the little down arrow symbol where the Facebook logout button and settings links are the little menu never loads it just shows the continually swirling little symbol saying it's loading.

I have as I mentioned above delete the cookies for Facebook I've cleared the temporary internet files and cache data for Google chrome and then I did it again for the computer but each time I try to log out by clicking on that little down arrow all it does is load indefinitely.

I've tried looking this up online and except for one post to Facebook forums where the person reporting was told to submit a report a problem post and a bunch of other people said they were having the same issue I can't find anything else.all I see is the same people telling everyone if you can't logout clear the cookies or go to another device and force the logout via the location settings. but I don't want to have to delete the cookies every time I need the logout of Facebook, that's irritating oh, I just wanted to work the way it's supposed to.

Does anyone know anything about this problem? By the way I'm using the latest version of Google chrome and Windows 10.

2. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you work with Facebook? Nope? So stop using this and your problem is gone.

Miku likes this.
  3. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be resolved. After 3 hours of screwing around with things, when I logged back in after clearing cookies, Facebook in an effort to convince me to update my profile provide a hyperlink at the top of my wall to the settings. I used this to manage to get into the security section and look at all the places I was "logged" into. All duplicates of my desktop and my phone, which amounted to roughly 15, I didn't do an exact count. When I asked Facebook to log me out of all of them, it did except for the current session I was in at that moment. Immediately after I refreshed the page and the f'in down arrow started working again allowing me to log out and log in to another account in which the down arrow also miraculously started working again. Go figure. I'll wait 24 to change this to 'Resolved' just in case it happens again.

4. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    No but I do have family members that this is the only way we keep in touch. Also use it for genealogy groups and a few others.

5. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're not using it already, use the Mozilla Facebook container

6. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    What is that and why would I want to use it?

7. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Limits Facebook's snooping to only when you use Facebook and not from any 3rd party website using Facebook's social API and trackers (which is literally every website ever).
    Which basically means, while you go onto Facebook, you're willingly sharing your data, but whenever you don't go, you also limit Facebook's ad tracking to spam you with more ads when you log into Facebook later

LordCorwin likes this.