Movie Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by alamptr, Mar 6, 2019.

1. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Well typical marvel movie filled with feminist agenda

Great stoty btw, good twist and the afterending made you hype for the next avenger movie

9/11 might not watch again because i am human male

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    On the behalf of thr SJWs in NU, I would like to say

"THATS SEXISM!"

And some other derogatory things like white males and shit.

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    im skipping it because saving money for shazam

4. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing i look forward to with "captain" marvel, is rogue putting her in a coma. Hopefully they dont botch that one, too.

otaku31, Ai chan and CosmicInsomniac like this.
  5. EienMugetsuTensho

EienMugetsuTensho [Avid Reader] [C#, C++, Python Programmer]

Reading List:
    Link
    What about Kazaam? :blobowoevil::blobrofl:

6. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    best movie ever

7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m sure Captain Marvel is going to be great and I’ll see it once I’m back from visiting family.

8. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the type that's not enjoying Female MC, but this one is not bad imo. The cat is the best character

9. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    I will never see night fury in the same light again after that :blobcheeky:

10. Chaostic

Chaostic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    remember when rick jones was captain marvel? good times.

11. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no problem with her. Her existence is comic book canon, the only difference being instead of Carol Danvers being Captain Marvel she was Ms Marvel. A superhero with the exact same powers and abilities of Captain Marvel thanks to exposure to an alien machine. So arguably instead of just changing the gender of Captain Marvel into a female, they changed the name of Ms Marvel to Captain Marvel.

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    SJW bullshit. Will still watch it if Ai-chan has the time and happens to pass by the cinema, but won't go out of Ai-chan's way to watch a satire with SJW agenda.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Chaostic

Chaostic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    also the fact that Carol's rank was captain so the name change was justified

14. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. Drives me nuts how people will just scream SJW this and that without doing even basic research on the history of the character.

15. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire premise that this was the first female superhero is just false. This is very insulting to the other great female leads. The actress is not well known or charismatic enough to use these types of marketing. Who was in charge of this movies marketing and media team? The trailers were lacking as well.

It will probably get a 6/10 at the end. Not a bad film, but not anything spectacular. The character comes out as a Mary Sue, which are not very entertaining to watch and feel bland.

Another issue is that the Captain Marvel comics were not that popular either, so its a bit of a surprise seeing this being made as a film. Then the movie and some members of the cast had to alienate potential fans with their divisive marketing tactics against a core fanbase.

The largest eye turner is that the directors for Avengers Endgame has two different scenarios in mind depending on the reception of this film. One with a somewhat large presence with Captain Marvel, then another with a more toned down role for her.

At the end of the day money talks, while morals or ideals take a walk. I really think these companies should be trying to strike a balance in film making that while attracting new audiences, you don't run over your old fans. People typically want escapism from their entertainment, without it entertainment has zero meaning.

Marvel comic is in a slump thanks to their own doing. They removed comics from diverse locations like gas stations and moved them to comic stores only (of which many are closing down), fight scenes are lacking compared to fighting/battle manga's, these comics are created without an ending in mind (they feel very episodic rather than whole, characters coming back to life too often, retcons with new artists), the corporation owns the characters and not the artist (so their artistic freedoms are limited or restricted), etc.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Lyx likes this.
  16. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a legit Captain Marvel in the comic, after og Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell died. So, no change except the story.

lordbeirut likes this.
  17. Get Tony To Donate Parth Fund

Get Tony To Donate Parth Fund Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truthfully, I get the feeling it will be a good movie in of itself. The marketing for it is just horrible. I just have no interest in Captain Marvel. I was the same with Thor and The Hulk, I had no interest in them. Hence, I didn't watch them. I did see Ragnorak, but that was only because it was a cross over with other characters. I only saw the first 2 captain america movies a couple years after they were released for the same reason. I wasn't interest in black panther, but after hearing so much about it, I now want to watch it. So yeah, I get the feeling people will actually like it once they see it. Disney just mess with their casting.
    P.S. Donate you Nuffies!! :blobpeek:

18. Refan25

Refan25 [The one on the back ground]

Reading List:
    Link
    This lord thinks hooman should go see how to train your dragon 3.:blobtaco:

lordbeirut likes this.
  19. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    im not gonna spoil my avengers boner by watching something comparable to solo "the movie no one asked for" desu

20. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Brie Larson may have said that she doesn't care about white males in their 40s (i don't know) and that really makes me sad to see the SJW drama get thrown into the movie, I am going to try my best to seperate the actors actions and words or the rumkrs as best I can to try to enjoy the movie, i hope the movie is good. But the trailers and what ive seen so far hasn't interested me. I liked cpt Marvel in the comics but i fear this movie is just gonna be hated b/c of drama. Someone please tell me that nick fury says motherfucker...!!!

kenar and Ai chan like this.