Mini RPG Carcossa Blood Moon

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    RyeTown.jpg

Welcome to Rye Town. Located in the frigid north, this quaint frontier settlement carried the hopes and dreams of the human kingdom of Carcossa. Far away from war, devoid of more than stray wolves and goblins, the town's inhabitants lived peaceful lives for generations. This would all change with the Hallowed Eve's Blood Moon. Little did they know, the men, women, and children of Rye Town had built their houses on top of hallowed ground from the Age of Heroes. Tombs sprawled beneath the streets, catacombs contained the remains of saints and beasts alike. On the night of the Blood Moon, their spirits returned to the world of the living, seeking the warmth of their beating hearts. What comes next will be a recount of the details and minutiae of that fateful night, and the darkness that followed.

Rules:

• Posts in the thread may be only In Character (IC), unless the Out Of Character (OOC) content is separated from the rest of the post by tags.

• To participate, you must have a character in the format specified by this post in your signature.

• IC content of posts should be no less than 100 words, and no more than 350 words per post.

• Double posting is not allowed.

• The goal of the game is to haunt the inhabitants of Rye Town, and scare them shitless.

• This game has a win condition; within a one week time all posts will be scored, based on their total amount, with an additive multiplier for each other character a player's character interacts with per individual post (e.g. @Quaesitor and @Naraku are interacting with @Way, giving each of them a 3x multiplier for every post in which their characters interact). The winners will be the top 3.

• Victory cannot be achieved without haunting territory. Posts must contain the name of the location in a format, such as “Craftsmen, North”, or “Gate Outside, South” All spirits (player characters) of a certain element should dominate an area by their post score. The areas are marked on the map.

Registration form (Fill it out and place it in your signature):

Spirit Name:

Spirit's Appearance: (Self-explanatory, but a good idea is to have a description or image in life, and as a spirit)

Simulacrum: (Here goes an item representing your character in life and death. For example a dullahan has his head, a reaper has its scythe, etc. Use something cool, as this will be your main haunting tool)

Personal Goal: (What will happen, if your character wins)

Elemental Affinity: (This represents what kind of element your spirit is of. Very relevant to how your character died. The elements are seven:

• Fire (Pyrokinesis)

• Air (Ethereal Spirits)

• Earth (Nature Spirits Otherwise Not Specified)

• Water (Samara from The Ring is a good example)

• Light (Starting from wisps, ending at saintly figures)

• Shadow (Be creative)

• Blood (Vampiric spirits)
    The type of affinity will affect how you haunt territory and the living, and will provide a trait to your Simulacrum.

You can only have one affinity on the first irl day of the roleplay. Once that day has passed, you may receive a second one from another player.)

Feel free to tag people I haven't in your first post. That's all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: @BB_Tensei can we only choose 1 affinity?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Naraku likes this.
  3. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Yes. I'll make it a rule that you can receive a second affinity from another player who has such on the second RL day, I guess. }}

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  4. Refan25

Refan25 [The one on the back ground]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhh i don't understand hooman give me an example please:blobpats:.

Quaesitor, Naraku and BB_Tensei like this.
  5. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Here goes~

Spirit Name: Ritsu (Human body)
    Spirit's Appearance: A more macabre version of The Grimm Brothers' Little Red Riding Hood, Ritsu starts off looking like an average, sweet-looking girl wearing a hooded coat...But not for long.
    Simulacrum: Tattered coat and an old bronze bell.
    Personal Goal: Wolf Hunting
    Elemental Affinity: Shadow

6. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Standard RP, like every other on the forum. Make a character like @Haxagen did above, then place that in your signature. You can play in this thread, following the rules set in OP. }}
    {{ Almost perfect. The Personal Goal should be something that occurs after you win, so Wolf Hunting would be the means. :D }}

Quaesitor, Naraku and Haxagen like this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I didn't mean Hunting Wolves, BB. Wolf Hunting. As in, hunting while being a wolf.))

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  8. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Sure then, that works. Happy haunting. }}

9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Wait, so where do we even do our posts? Here?))

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  10. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Yes. You actually didn't even need to register your char, you just need a completed form in your signature. }}

11. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Spirit Name: Crash
    Spirit's Appearance: A pale man or lady with no head and eyes shifitng all over a black dress that they wear.
    Simulacrum: A blue goblet which drips blood from the edges.
    Personal Goal: To be able to finally escape from his master Flash.
    Elemental Affinity: Blood
    Now to go on an adventure!

IC: Location: Southern gate
    "Another morning stuck in the grave deprived of an afterlife and listening to my master prattle on! When, oh when can my life get better." Crash rolls around his tomb and then notices that he is actually rolling around her tomb. "Wait why am I female now?" Than he is suddenly through the wall of his catacomb buried under the city of Rye. Crash launches herself up into the air to escape from her master and goes through the roof holding onto the blue goblet which killed him.

Upon exiting the floor he ends up next to a man sitting beside the guardhouse whom doesn’t seem to notice her. Crash moves next to the man, “Lady you aren’t supposed to be up here.”
    “Wait I’m female again damn it stop doing this.” Crash moves his body around in front of the man. The man drops his spear and backs away from Crash falling off the roof. The man hits his head on the floor and his blood begins floating into the air filling Crash’s goblet up with blood. The man on the other side of the gate turns towards Crash. Noticing the trail of blood floating up the side of the building into the gauntlet that Crash is holding he rapidly climbs down the building and runs away. “Well that wasn’t fun now where can I go to hide from master?” Crash slowly climbs down the ladder till he catches his high heel on a step. “This has got to stop!”

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The Market. Bustling in the daytime, quiet as a grave at night. Rather apt, considering how it was built on top of a graveyard.

When the clock bell rang the twelfth time to signify midnight, a curious incident occurred. The gravel cracked, and a mysterious green glow seeped through the cracks, along with the faint smell of flowers.

No one would be around to see what would transpire next. First, bones tumbled out of the ground in a hurry, massing into a pile. Then, some unknown force moved them together to form a complete skeleton. Black mist rose out of the ground to cover the skeleton, and by the time it receded, a pale-skinned girl was lying there.

"..."

Slowly standing up, she looked towards the nearest closed stall, and reached a hand out towards it.

13. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Why are there two gates placed upon this map that I just stole from that guards corpse? Wait aren't there a lot of gates in weird places on this map I mean there is only 3 shown gates but 5 gates on the actual map." Walking along the road towards where the second gate was marked upon the map she notices that the walls are getting closer together! "Wait why are the walls getting closer together? Also why do I still have this blue goblet with me?"

He notes that ahead of him surprisingly and for literally no reason at all stands a gate just blocking literally one road. "Okay this is creepy why is the city creepier than I am? I mean who only blocks one street with a gate?" She knocks upon the door of the second gate and it opens before him. Walking down the newly unlocked road there seems to be a group of people walking as if in a daze. "Hello who are you people and why are you dazed?" The people turn on the spot and stare at him they then scream BRAINZZZZ and walk slowly at her. They then all fall over due to walking to fast. "This was insulting!

Later after having gotten rid of the "zombies" with her goblet which seems to only have 10 drops of blood in it he sits on the floor in front of second gate which he had reached.

OOC: CRASH SIGNING OFF!

BB_Tensei, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  14. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

"I shall reform this world." A voice heard in the Temple by the priests strangely praying at night with a worried expression. All the light extinguished in a second, the bloody moonlight wouldn't even illuminate the hall, all light was blocked. Everything faded, nothing could be seen, no matter what is it.

The air seemed to be densely packed. Instead of cowering in fear, they were dazed and frozen in terror as they could hear the rustling of an armor, walking. The steps approaching.
    Closer and closer.
    Louder and louder.

"..." They screamed. One of them stopped. A soft impact was then heard. The moon light came back. And through the fog. They saw it.
    An arm on the ground. That was still moving. Above it. They saw a
    tattered and cracked armor. The gauntlet raised and ready. Forward, their friend, alive and missing an arm, the pupils searching a way to escape, the body trembling, the arm spasming, and seemingly safe and sound. No blood was spilled.

The arm descended and passed through horizontally his belly as if he was cutting the priest. The legs fell on its knees. The body fell on its back.
    But no blood was spilled.

The priest, on the ground, looked down and saw that he was missing his legs. No, they were separated from his body and were still...moving, without him. There was no cut, no blood, instead, there was just a pitch black fog covering the wounds.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!"
    The armor turned back and looked at his victim's colleagues. Somehow. The helmet seemed to distort and a metallic cold smile appeared.
    The moonlight disappeared, a dense fog surrounded the last few priests and...
    Slash.

OOC: Confusing but that's fine by me~

BB_Tensei, Quaesitor and TiggerBane like this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Priest Slayer 117 has joined the game.))

BB_Tensei and Quaesitor like this.
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Location: Heading to the temple from the northern southern gate
    IC: "Oooooh screaming from the direction of the temple who could have guessed that such a thing would happen now I have to head that way even faster!" She heads towards the temple which covers a massive portion of the map and is quite close only a few streets away from him. Jumping up and down as she goes and singing about how a drop of blood is good for the heart. He gets distracted by a group of people running away from the scream whom slam to a stop upon noticing her. "Hello all I'm crash my gender changes every time I do an action and use a pronoun! Nice to meet you all!" The civilians run away from him back towards the temple.

Whilst chasing them Crash was slowly killing each person one by one until only two were left at the door. Upon opening the door they stood frozen between a figure in broken armour and a girl in a black dress with a blue goblet in her hand. The guy stops and begins walking slowly away from the door. Then she jumps in joy. "oh boy a friend a friend. Wait am I a girl or a guy now? Okay still a girl. Hello friend!" The guy spins around on the spot.

17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Back at the Marketplace, the unnatural entity who had taken on a girl's form stepped out of one of the shops, donning red robes and a cowl that obscured her face. In her hands was a stolen mage's staff, shimmering with a sickly green glow.

The 'girl' tilted her head, which would have been a cute gesture, as long as one ignored the utter lifelessness in her pupils. This thing, no matter what it was, had risen to walk again.

She drew her staff, pointing the tip directly at the ground, and jammed it swiftly. The staff lodged in the dirt between the gravel bits, and stuck there.

O blighted growth.
    Take root and rise again.
    Let your hatred
    Feed these cheery tendrils.

Similar to before, darkness erupted out of the ground, and swallowed the staff. Slowly, it dissipated, creating a lump of metal that throbbed like living flesh. This abomination had sentience, and it was alive.

Softly, the 'girl' spoke, in a lilting tone that never rose beyond a whisper:

"Will you play with me?"

18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: Can't be a slayer if he didn't kill them.
    Well, they might be cut in pieces but they are still alive. :D
    "What is this abomination ?" Immediately wondered Alacris. But then he looked at the persons they killed and muttered.
    "...dirty." The blood, this ropy and fishy scarlet liquid disgusted him. On top of sounding foolish. They were despicable. Wonderful.
    "I prefer to call that an ally." He didn't say more than that. And simply went back to his task. Fulfilling his responsibility he had toward the world.

After the priests, it was time for the common people. Silently, the fog assaulted the temple and all the doors automatically locked. Then he wondered about something and... The helmet distorted once again.

He looked at his "ally" and asked
    "Can you gather these creatures in one and single place ? Scattered as the foolish and helpless sheeps as they are is an issue. Decline if you want. I will just continue until I reach the end."

They will become the first worthy people living. That is what he wanted to create, it was his life goal, but also his death one it seems.

19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I christen thee...Amakusa Tokisada Shirou!))

The crux was in the Marketplace's centre, no doubt of that. However, it had expanded.

The 'girl', in order to make herself more easily identifiable, dubbed herself 'Ritsu'. It was a name thought up on a whim, no relation whatsoever, but she had one now.

Ritsu had placed smaller versions of these...flesh lumps...all over the immediate vicinity of the Market. As she worked, the central lump spread out meaty tendrils. Enclosing off the Market and a small section of the city in a curious, metallic growth which pulsed. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by the people patrolling the city at night. One by one, guards amassed outside the woven walls, startled by the foreign substance that was impervious to their steel.

Within the enclosed space, however, the landscape was completely altered.

20. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Gather them all in one place? That is easy isn't it anyone can do it." Crash pauses. "OH you mean whilst they are scared? Sure sure just give me a moment to get all the blood in my cup." She stands still whilst the blood rapidly moves from the surrounding towards his cup. All the blood finds it's way into the cup from the surroundings leaving a clean area around the "All done now to say the magic words. Delectasti inimicos eorum in conpedibus et sanguine." Crash turns to the armoured man next to her. "Okay that should all be trapped in a corner soon enough." The blood from his cup rushes out in the form of chains, these chains then began to wrap around the ankles of the peasantry in the room. "Ahh is this good enough for you?" The cup of blood has three drops of blood left inside of it. "Ahh one more thing to do it seems with these drops what to do what to do. Cute puppy or cute kitty?"

Having walked around the temple whilst the armour dude was doing whatever and some blood flowed towards him. She finds a painting of a dog on the wall. "Dog it is. Ut canis in sanguinem." The blood flows out of the cup into the picture on the wall. Then a puppy made out of blood pops out.