Mini RPG Carcossa Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

"Hahaha ! Here he is ! West... go. I will follow !" Inpes laughed loudly and pushed Alacris to go, the fog locked into the armor, he didn't have the choice, and dissipated. Heading to the Central Market under Inpes' perception, the spirit internally inveighed about Inpes, his... master.

The fog began to spread in a specific house, the Inquisition House.
    However at the same time, a sort of... human with red hair and pupils ? A demon is it ? Thought Alacris as now he didn't know what to do. There was too much people at once. At least, he knew that it was going... where the Witch Hunter was, in other words, where he was.

Before he could begin to talk to the Demon, he heard the voice he was waiting for.
    "Spirits !" He drew his sword and his crossbow. Well, that was to be expected with the fog.
    Look like he won't be able to simply scout, either he turns back and face the Demon, either he fights... well, it is a plight.

"Your time has come." An armor appeared in front of the Witch Hunter, in the fog that was weakening everyone mortal except... the Witch Hunter for some holy reasons. He wasn't ready to fight, but he has to.

WITCH HUNTERS LOCATION: Central Market - Raided Inquisition House

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Quaesitor and TiggerBane like this.
  2. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

A gloomy silence hung over the bar after the barkeeper finished recounting the tragedy that happened during the last few days. And the tragedy that is about to happen.

"Of course, after arresting the witches is the public execution." The barkeeper frowned.

She observed the boy calmly eating in front of her. There was no hint of fear or pity in the eyes of this boy. She heard that there was a small tribe of dark-skinned men in the Beast Territory who are adept at killing. She couldn't help but think he's from that tribe. She could also see specks of red on his shoulder. Is that blood?

"Boy, can you kill a person?" The barkeeper asked.

Ira stopped eating. "I don't know how you came up with that but I will not lie to you." She likes this barkeeper very much. "Yes."

The barkeeper puffed out smoke. "Then the food is free if you can kill a traitor for me."

Ira frowned. "Only one meal? And it's only soup and bread. Make it 4 meals then it's a deal."

The barkeeper leaned over and puffed a smoke to Ira's face, making her cough. "Alright."

-----

"Uhuh...so you're working in the inquisitor's warehouse?" Ira continued to scribble on her scroll with her blue quill.
    The naked man pinned on his house wall nodded furiously. This man used to be a patron of Datura. A day ago, just after the inquisition, he drunkenly and proudly told the barkeeper about his new work and its benefits. What an idiot.

"And by telling them about the suspicious women you know in the slums, they promised to spare your precious prostitute?" Ira glanced at her right. Sprawled right there was a naked woman. Ira bludgeoned her with the tube part of the scroll.

Once again, the man nodded furiously. "I already told you everything I know so please let me go!"

"The last story was interesting but this one has important information...hmmm... oh well."
    She then brushed her blue quill on the shivering man's neck then suddenly slashed it across. She immediately jumped back. "Good night."
    Blood seeped to the paper and disappeared.

"Looting the inquisition warehouse sounds fun!" Ira said as she pulled 1001 nights from the floor.

(@BB_Tensei : Finished the slums part of "Loot the inquisitor warehouse part 1")

WITCH HUNTERS LOCATION: CentralMarket - Raided Inquisition House

TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  3. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Indeed, you bear the scent of a demon." The witch hunter clad in white muttered as he looked at Paimon.

"You guessed correctly, nothing less from a mutt." Paimon said, snickering.

Ignoring his words, the witch hunter continued, "Where is that vile witch you contracted?"

Hearing his words, the smile on Paimon's face disappeared, leaving only a deep bloody scent to surround him.

"Vile, you say... should she be vile, humans would be no better than demons."

Saying those words, he raised his black sword.

But then a fog suddenly appeared, soon followed by the witch hunter's shout, "Spirits!"

Then, a set of walking armor appeared from within the fog, uttering, "Your time has come."

Sensing no hostility from the armor spirit, Paimon ignored it and focused on the witch hunter, whom also seemed to pay more attention to him than the spirits, truly unfortunate, the demon thought.

With an opening strike, Paimon raised his pitch black blade and waved it down. Instantly, the air tore as the simple force of the waving sword tore apart everything in its way.

But the experienced witch hunter quickly dodged whilst shooting arrows from his crossbow.

Noticing the holy properties bestowed upon them, Paimon frowned and dodged each arrow.

Knowing that he would not last long in his form, he proceeded to rush forward with monstrous speed, holding his sword with two hands, and struck down at the witch hunter's vitals.

But at that moment, the witch hunter took out a longsword, blessed and enchanted, and used it to forcefully deflect Paimon's attack filled with monstrous strength.

In the end, Paimon could only cluck his tongue and allowed himself to be pushed back.

WITCH HUNTERS LOCATION: Central Market - Raided Inquisition House

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    TiggerBane, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  4. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Confirmed. You can do Part 2, now. }}

5. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

While walking, I start puffing on my Hookah, only partly for the effect of divination, and mostly for the pleasure and out of habit. One of my hands is stashed in one of my pockets, and I caress some of my hidden grasshoppers with it. All in all, this is a rather nice evening. I even have company, although I do not know a lot about her yet.

Then, she asks me to slow down. Right, company. I really am in a bit of a hurry, no? Well, whatever. I grin to myself and slow down until we are walking side by side. "So, what is a beautiful lady such as you doing here?" I remark, remembering her well-shaped form as we near the southeastern gate, mere minutes away from the house we will raid. While asking, I take out one of my many potions with intoxicating effects and smell on it, causing my eyes to glaze from bliss for a moment.

Witchhunter location: Central Market

TiggerBane likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "What am I doing here? The only thing a blind avenger can, search for justice for all kinds of people whether they be witches or not. Anyway you have to slow down during the day. At night you can rush through the city but during the day you have to be slow and steady to proceed." Adrestia grabs the shoulder of the witch ahead of her. "Stop there appears to be some kind of inquisitorial agent ahead we will go past here separately meet me on the other side once I have dealt with them. After all they are arresting beautiful women leaving in groups at the moment and we can't have you in trouble." Adrestia waits for the reply of her companion.

Location witch hunter: Central Market

Quaesitor likes this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

Seeing the demon getting pushed back, Alacris instinctively chose this moment to attack the Witch Hunter who seemed to pay more attention to the demon. That was a good opportunity. An exposed back is always... line of old memories streamed into his mind but quickly faded as he discarded them as quickly as he could. Nothing but hinders.

His gauntlet formed a fist, aiming at his neck that... disappeared from his sight and instead a wide sinister smile could be seen on the Witch Hunter's face, turned to him, facing him before the surprise attack. The sword ascended, feet receded, a scratch appeared on the helmet's chin. It was far from being the end.
    Crossbolts were sent quicker than he thought, one landed into his knee and almost destroyed the greaves, fortunately resilient enough to survive against those holy elements. Otherwise, he would have lost a part of his already broken past.

Alacris rolled on the side and removed the crossbolt that couldn't be erased because of this... disgusting aura that had an unexpected huge advantage on him. His main power was unusuable.

'Inpes. This is worse than your expectations.' Alacris felt a certain fear toward such a madman that had... a strenght that couldn't be fathomed with. The armor creaked. His arms extended and... before the Witch Hunter could notice, he felt his feet getting stuck. A hand approached him, however that was countered as easily as he injuried the spirit.
    Lowering his body, he knocked the armor with pommel of his sword, the blade rised and attempted to slash at the armor which fell on the ground due to the counter-attack.
    The light descended and... before it could reach the iron, it slowed down, the fog disappeared and only a dark mass appeared before the light, slowing down Alacris' doom. He rolled sideway and avoided imminent death. The fog reappeared but weaker and lighter.

"Spirit ! Tell me wh-"
    Unexpectedly, Alacris cut his words.
    "That is my wish but not my command."

Hearing this, the Witch Hunter laughed and was going to continue fighting.

8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

A blind avenger...? Uwah, I met one of those. Justice? Please, no, no way. I take another whiff of my potion and pretend to not have heard that. Those people are all more trouble than they are worth. As the rush abates seconds later, I feel much better already. I will just cut ties with her once this is over, and she won't trouble me in the future.

While I am lost in thought, she mentions something about hostile agents. "Sure, we'll meet on the other side. I'll be waiting for you." I don't even wait for a single second before I walk straight up to the guards, stealthily uncorking a potion hidden within my clothes. The second it opens a calming scent fills the area and I calmly walk past the guards as they ignore me.

Once I'm on the other side, I take a quick look around and, once confirming that no one is paying attention to me, enter a side alley and wait for the other witch.

9. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I walk towards each of the guards that work for the inquisitor slowly, the ghost accompanying me spins around through the crowd making people shiver and shuffle forward faster. I place continue on till I reach the first group around the corner then proceed to place a glyph on the floor using the wind. The glyph begins to glow in a dull light.

After having placed similar glyph's underneath all the inquisitorial guards they begin shinning brightly. Then the air begins to turn a shade of purple around the area. Then the glyph's release a third localised green gas which knocks out the inquisitorial agents and places them into a near death state. "There we go now to rescue our the girls captured and I hope our friend decided to continue on." A clear area sits around the witch whilst the other people stand around her stunned.

Tucked inside of a building wall a carriage is sitting with bars shutting it's occupants inside. I pull out my sword and slowly open the cart as the people sleep. "I seem to use this as more of a can opener than actual weapon most days don't I." I then drop a note on the girl appearing to wake up already, reading Leave this town you are wanted by the inquisition as witches now.

Upon exiting I head directly towards where my "ally" was headed off to and catch up to her and stop behind her. "The area has been sorted that group of inquisitorial agents will not be bothering us for a while but more likely never if some people decide to kill them."
    Location Witch Hunter: Central Markets

Quaesitor likes this.
  10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Central Market

"It seems like I manifested late again, but whew, being conjured by a total of a one-member coven did not make it very easy for me. Yikes."

When the small lump of flesh broke apart after rising out of the earth, what remained was Ritsu standing with a staff held in her hand.

Naturally, she heard the sounds of fighting immediately, and after following it a little bit, she chanced upon the individual fighters.

A demon, a guy in full armour...nay, a possessed suit of armour, and some kind of hunter. She didn't recognise the demon, but the armoured entity floating around was quite familiar to her, and seeing the hunter gave her a sense of distaste.

More importantly, the demon-spirit duo seemed to be tagging up for the fight, and were currently getting their asses kicked. How pitiful.

"Maybe if the opposition was slower?"

Raising her wand, she chanted silently, creating a small tree next to her; one made of flesh. Mumbling, the tree spreaded it's roots...And a single tendril suddenly broke the ground near the Witch Hunter's foot, snaring him to the ground.

Quaesitor likes this.
  11. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

Ira flew above the town towards the Southeastern Gate where the Inquisitor's warehouse would be. When she was above the Central Markets, she saw several witches and spirits battling the a buff guy in white armor. This must be the witch hunter. She wanted to join in but she dislikes sharing a prey with a crowd. I guess I'll have to catch up with him later.

Ira then remembered what the barkeeper said. She visited the barkeeper before she set out to the warehouse.
    ----
    "There's only one witchhunter sent by the church. The church must be underestimating the witch covens here. Or they're setting up a trap." The barkeeper laid down a plate of soup and bread in front of another customer.

"The chef is still asleep?" Ira was curious. After all, she didn't want all of her free meals to be soup and bread.

"It's going to be very hard to wake him up so I fired him. What a huge idiot." The barkeeper sadly looked at the picture near the bottles of alcohol behind the counter. It's a picture of the smiling barkeeper and a man in an apron. "Anyways, I'd like you to mess up with the inquisitors so that the witches can have a chance. I'll add an additional bread with your meals."

Ira was a bit displeased, "The inquisitors won't be happy to learn that they're dying in the name of having additional bread."
    ----
    Ira was walking around near the Southeastern gate. She was trying to find where the warehouse was supposed to be when she sensed the presence of two other witches in the area. Finally some local witches! And one from my coven!

Quaesitor likes this.
  12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Buddy, when there is two or more players with the Witch Hunter, he isn't going anywhere for three turns.))

Quaesitor and Halmista like this.
  13. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link

Deep in the castle dungeon in a floor cleared of other inhabitants, a small blind girl was sitting cross-legged, staring into nothingness. The cell had a small window, through which moonlight entered inside. Muffled cawing came from that window, causing the girl's head to turn.

Things don't look so well, I look like a mess. She thought, though aside from a few scratches and dirt, they hadn't done much to her. The evil giant from before seemed to have become busy all of a sudden, leaving before the interrogation took place. She sent one of her familiars to tag him from afar, that raven now perched on a rooftop at the edge of the Central Market. It showed her the image of a fight between her captor and a spirit and demon. Serves you right, you dumbass, go die!

All of her three raven familiars began to caw as if cackling. Despite that, she was going nowhere for now. The raven by the window pecked at the window bars in vain. Luciela bit her lip and let a few tears drop, where even she couldn't see.

{{ Entering the castle and saving Luciela is impossible without the Master Key. A mission requiring teamwork will be made available in today's update (within 12-14 hours). }}

Witch Hunter location: Central Market

Haxagen and Quaesitor like this.
  14. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Slums - Ariel

The spirit moved quietly, melding perfectly within the shadows as it explored the slums. According to Ritsu, they would find an agent of the Inquisition lurking around this area, in charge of delivering messages.

For the Spirit of the Hunt, personally moving out was a rather large boon for any of it's followers to request. Ritsu, however, was it's only point of contact with the material world, and it had grown fairly fond of her; A favour such as this was a small matter.

As Ariel passed through the empty alleys, it left naught but faint purple traces behind, and even those vanished abruptly into thin air as it searched. Then, at the third turn, it struck gold.

The target was found.

Subsequently, the terrified screams of a grown man, as well as the howling of a wild animal filled the slums district.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The information you needed has been acquired, Ritsu."

"Ah, thanks for that, Ariel. This saved me half the effort."

"No matter. Good hunting, my priestess. I will await further contact with you."

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    As the fight continued, Paimon noticed that it is most futile to attempt in defeating the witch hunter within the time limit, even with the assistance of the armor spirit.

If he had more time, or was given more power, to defeat the hunter alone would be a simple task.

But knowing that each second that he spend here was another second of vulnerability to his mistress, he fell into a dilemma. That was until he detected numerous powerful signs of life approaching, it was then that he came into a decision.

"Spirit! Tell me wh-"

"That is my wish but not my command."

Followed by the exchange happening between the witch hunter and the armor spirit, the witch hunter laughed. Taking the chance, Paimon stepped hard onto the ground, launching himself right at the hunter with sword ready.

And just like before, the witch hunter raised his enchanted blade right in time to meet his strike.

"Fool." Paimon said coldly, as demonic power overflowed from his sword.

The moment the holy and demonic powers came into contact with one another, another property of Paimon's sword came into effect.

The demonic power, instead of clashing with the holy power, crept through it and forcefully integrated itself with the sword, polluting the enchanted sword with demonic energy.

With his holy enchantments clashing with the demonic powers contained in the sword, the hunter involuntarily let go of his sword.

Taking the chance, Paimon let go of his disintegrated sword and caught the blade, striking directly at the hunter with the sword as if it was a mace, causing an explosion which blew both him and the hunter back.

Using the force of propulsion, Paimon flew away with the enchanted blade bearing both holy and demonic powers in hand, planning on quickly returning to his mistress' side.

Witch Hunter Location: Central Market

Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  16. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ @Haxagen Loot mission Part 1 confirmed. Don't forget tags and the location of the Witch Hunter, please. :D
    @FuRen I'll let this pass since it was cool, but you lose looting rights on the Witch Hunter, since you already have an item. Make good use of it, corrupt yuusha. :D }}

Quaesitor, FuRen and Haxagen like this.
  17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Inquisition Safehouse - Ritsu

Seeing that the fight was relatively over, and the opponent had been stripped of his primary weapon, Ritsu figured it was the best opportunity to go get some loot. Travelling via the rooftops, she soon arrived near the location that Ariel had passed her, and ducked down into the surrounding greenery. From first impressions, the warehouse seemed untouched --- maybe no one else had tried raiding it yet.

An unexpected touch of fortune. She would get to have first pick, after all. And she specialized in silent killing, as far as black magic was concerned.

"Let's see."

While melee was an option, she didn't really like fighting with a staff. That left magic --- Ritsu brought out a few human finger bones that she had been keeping in her satchel.

"I offer this as a sacrifice to you, Ariel."

The bones crumbled into nothing, disappearing into ashes, and Ritsu strode out confidently, in full view of the guards. Just a little girl with a sweet smile, dressed in a red hood...

...And several murky wolves peeking out of her shadow, jaws wide open and salivating at the flesh they were about to devour.

Witch Hunter Location:
    Central Market

FuRen and Quaesitor like this.
  18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

After I wait for a few minutes, the other witch finally arrives. It seems like she somewhat overdid things? We don't have to attack every one of the inquisition we pass by, after all. "Well, if you are eager, we could kill them." Of course, it doesn't have any sort of advantage if they are already incapacitated.

"After we take care of what we came here for, that is. The warehouse isn't too far away from here, only a few streets. And with the commotion some unconscious people will make, I am sure that some of the guards will leave to check what's wrong." Only seconds after I mention it, a few guards run out of a nearby alley. "Well, I will be going now. I have people to kill or save, I still haven't quite decided."

I take one more whiff from my Hookah, toss a potion in the alley that quickly paralyzes any stragglers or guards, and dash in having already drunk the antidote beforehand. In the alley lie a couple of guards which quickly get assaulted and eaten by my insects as I pass by. The door is still half open, and I toss a few more paralyzing potions inside and start waiting for them to properly take effect.

Location witch hunter: Patriciate

TiggerBane likes this.
  19. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

Ira decided to get her prize first before introducing herself to her sisters. She finally located the so-called warehouse. It was a simple unassuming huge brick building at the south of the southeastern gate. The nearest neighboring houses were located from quite a distance from it. One can see some hidden agents prowling around the area, disguised as commoners. Flying to the rooftop was going to get her noticed by the hidden agents. She was thinking if she should just bash her way in or play some stealth game for practice when she felt her tattoos throb. Someone was summoning a spirit nearby. A witch is nearby. True to her nature as a loremaster, she decided to watch this incoming witch's actions and record it in her scroll. She looked for some hidden place with a good vantage point and opened up her scroll. With the blue quill on hand, she waited for the other witch to show up.

Witchhunter location: Patriciate

20. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    A cloud passes over Fort Town, covering the town in shadow and light rain. Only torchlight will light the way for the upcoming precious hour. A wounded priest spent his last breath reaching for the bell tower of the Temple, sounding the alarm. Guards of all areas enter a state of confusion and send part of their number toward the Temple and Central Market. Is this an obstacle or opportunity for the witches?

{{ Special Event Mission: Stall The Guards:

Guards from every area are sending groups of two or three armoured men and women toward the Central Market and Temple. Add a counter at the end of your post, which reads "Guards remaining:" starting at 36. Remove 3 out of that counter for every encounter with the guards. Encounters are one per area. After 15 posts, or if NOT all the guards are eliminated, the Central Areas become a combat zone, and will only score and/or be captured after the guards are cleared away.

Note: Encounters are optional. }}

Halmista and Quaesitor like this.