Mini RPG Carcossa Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Nov 7, 2018.

1. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    After escaping the battle, Paimon used the demonic power contained within the blade to suppress its holy powers, keeping it from damaging him while reducing its powers. After the blade stabilized, he used the contract between him and Hyacinth to detect her location.

But when he noticed that she seemed to have moved quite far away from her original spot, he frowned and increased his speed.

When he arrived at the designated location, he realized that she had moved towards the eastern gate, a miraculous feat with her barely usable legs and current heavily weakened state.

Arriving at Hyacinth's supposed location, Paimon found her struggling to move in the darkness, using the walls as support.

"Milady." Paimon whispered, landing behind Hyacinth.

"Paimon...?" Hyacinth said between her heaves.

"A burden... still..." The moment Paimon heard those words muttered by Hyacinth, he saw her swaying and about to fall.

Catching her, Paimon saw Hyacinth holding onto a key and a piece of paper.

The key was exactly the key which he found whilst raiding the place where the women were held captive.

Meanwhile, the paper contained information on where the inquisition warehouse is located.

Realizing what his mistress was after, Paimon sighed and carried her away to where the information led them to, outside of the eastern gate.

But as he neared the location, he noticed a few powerful lifeforms in the surroundings.

Witch Hunter --- Patriciate

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Quaesitor and Haxagen like this.
  2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Southeastern Gate Warehouse --- Ritsu

Through the dark, the bad wolf chases,
    The frightened girl scurries away.
    But when the hunter corners his grinning prey,
    Then who will be the one to pray?

Ritsu's Hunting ability gave her quite the leeway --- any prey, so long as she was the one who hunted it, could be used as a sacrifice to obtain a boon from Ariel. And because she was one of Ariel's favourite witches, Ariel gave her far better trades then it would give most people. And with that extra boon, she was able to catch even more prey. It was a vicious cycle that went on and on.

The summoned Shadow Wolves, which were worth little to Ariel, were quite large prizes for her. Ordinary people wouldn't even have the chance to trade for them --- Ritsu was quite grateful indeed. And as a way of showing her gratitude, she skinned all of the slaughtered guards and laid their innards out on the ground, arranged perfectly. The rest became food for her cute little pets.

"As always, I dedicate this offering to you, Ariel. Thanks you."

Humming, she walked into the building, excited to see what kind of spoils she would get.

Witch Hunter --- Patriciate
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Northern Craftsmen Zone --- Ariel

"I heard that, Ritsu. And I see the offering is larger than usual, which means you want to ask another favour of me. No matter, my priestess. Ask."

The beast listened intently in the dark, as it conversed with telepathy. Then, it lumbered off, heading quickly towards North. With a kick of it's powerful limbs, the beast cleared the ground, landing on a nearby roof with surprising gentleness --- Then it was gone once more, vanishing into the shadows casted by the flickering lights. As it ran, Ariel detected people rushing towards the area he had been asked to go by Ritsu, and soon, he was close enough to see them.

However, they could not see him. Huge as he was, the shadows had provided more than ample cover for this expert hunter, and untrained, ordinary human eyes could never hope to see him without the help of a magical item or spell.

And so, Ariel bared it's fangs, and picked the guards off the street one by one, slaughtering them all.

Guard Count: 33/36
    @BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei and Quaesitor like this.
  3. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

The sound of bell tolled from the temple. The disguised inquisitors were about to rush to the Central area of Fort Town when a group of shadow wolves rushed upon them and tear them to pieces. The whole thing lasted for only 2 to 3 minutes with the biggest beast dealing with the majority of the inquisitors. The witch then walked forward and proceeded to skin each one and lay out the inquisitors' guts on the ground.

"...and the shadow wolves ate everything" Ira dictated what she wrote on her scroll.

She then saw the witch enter the warehouse. Ira was quite sure the witch is also there to loot the inquisitors.

She wanted to approach this witch but she was a bit worried that she will attack her out of reflex. The witch just finished a battle and entered a building that supposed to have no other person other than herself so she would be on high alert on all times. Not to mention that Ira looks like a boy and she might get mistaken for a nosy commoner. This witch seemed very vicious towards commoners after all. Ira actually didn't mind fighting a fellow witch. She liked a good smackdown but she had sworn to her coven that she would avoid attacking a fellow witch. It's unbecoming for a loremaster to attack their subject of interest.

So she thought so hard on how she approach her in the safest way possible. She decided on just floating around, this way Ira could quickly evade whatever attack the witch might unleash on her.

The ears of the biggest beast in the shadow wolves pack suddenly perked up. It seemed to be communicating to its mistress. It then ran towards the source of the tolling bell sound. It left the rest of wolves to guard their mistress.

Ira took this opportunity to enter the warehouse. She closed her scroll and rode it. She then flew very high so that the shadow wolves scattered around wouldn't able to reach her. She then looked for a window at the back of the warehouse. She opened it from the inside using some wind magic and slipped in. She carefully flew around and found her target. She maintained her distance, crossed her legs while sitting on her floating scroll, and shouted.

"HELLO THERE!"

She could see that the witch tensed up. Ira grinned.

Guards: 33/36
    Witchhunter location: Temple

4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Warehouse --- Ritsu

"Oh. Hello."

Ritsu spared a glance at the newcomer, and then returned to looking through the spoils. There were a whole variety of potions in the warehouse, but she wasn't interested in most of them, for one-time use items weren't very attractive to her.

"Let's see, there's a few bracelets here. Their effects...Not bad, but not too good. What else---Oh!"

A single, intricate ring caught her eye among the items. It wasn't too shiny or anything, but that was what convinced her of it's utility. Ritsu couldn't see the enchantment on it, but she slid the ring onto her finger anyway.

[Alchemical Ring of Black Magic: Halves the amount of mana needed to use Black Magic spells]

5. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Observing from the shadows, Paimon could see two figures entering the warehouse.

One was a dark skinned witch and short white hair, the other bore the appearance of a little girl wearing a red hood, yet a baleful air seemed to emanate from her.

Just as Paimon was wondering how he should enter, he felt his powers leaking out of his body, a sign that the magic which released his seal had finally ended.

Sighing ruefully, Paimon suddenly felt Hyacinth twisting who was in his old twisting around, trying to get out of his hold.

Obediently releasing her, Paimon spoke out, "Should you not rest a bit more?"

"I am... fine..." Though she said such, Paimon could clearly her body shaking and her face pale white.

But as he was unable to go against her, he could only obediently assist her in going into the warehouse.

When Hyacinth noticed the two beings outside of the warehouse, she frowned, wanting to use her magic to hide themselves from view.

Unfortunately, she was far too drained to even use a simple spell and could only continue to walk with Paimon's assistance.

In the end, they only observed her silently as she and Paimon entered.

The moment Hyacinth entered, she looked around the warehouse with the assistance of Paimon.

After some time, she finally found what she had been looking for, her only goal since the time she entered the city.

The Grimoire of Life.

With the book in hand, relief filled Hyacinth, and she obediently fell unconscious, allowing Paimon to carry her away.

[The Grimoire of Life: A grimoire containing the studies regarding the magic of life and healing from the ancient age, said to hold knowledge on how to revive the dead.]

WITCH HUNTER LOCATION: South-East Craftsman

Haxagen likes this.
  6. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Way too OP, consider most of this undecipherable within the timeframe of the RP. You can use minor spells from it, you can decipher it post-RP. }}

Quaesitor likes this.
  7. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Northern Craftsmen Zone --- Ariel

Waiting at the same area for a while more, Ariel detected more people heading towards it, from further up North.

And since Ritsu had asked him to do so, the Spirit waited for the first of the incoming guards to reach, and in the same fashion as before, he slaughtered them all.

However, he could feel another presence making good pace towards North, in it's direction, too. And from the scent, Ariel could tell that it was a Hunter.

"Ah, while I'd love to tangle with you, my priestess has asked me to withdraw once you approach. Goodbye for now, newbie hunter."

Making a mock salute, Ariel disappeared completely, and left the area swiftly.

Guardsmen: 30/36
    Witch Hunter Location: Northern Craftsmen Section

Quaesitor likes this.
  8. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

Moments before a certain witch and a demon got to the warehouse.

Ira didn't expect this muted response and was momentarily astounded. She quickly recovered and howled with laughter. She then steered her scroll to get inside the room of treasures. The room was vast with very tall cabinets lining up the four sides of the wall. Ira could even fly around without the fear of bumping into something. The cabinets have uniformly lined square drawers which contains different magical artifacts. They were sorted according to their use. According to the records from other loremasters Ira had read, in this kind of rooms, only one high class artifact could be taken from the room every hour. Otherwise traps installed in the room will be activated. This rule was suppose to prevent the ransacking of the rare artifacts.

Ira circled around this witch. "Not much of talker, are you? You killed my momentum!"
    She could see that this witch was deliberately ignoring her. The witch was eyeing a certain ring.

Ira stopped and watched like she was memorizing this scene. She was definitely going to write it in her scroll later. She then continued.

"I'll get straight to the point. You can listen or not...I don't really mind." Ira scratched her head. "I'm a loremaster from the coven of the Prodigal daughters of the Sky Mother and I've been tasked to record the witches' stories. And since you're here...with me...I'd like you to tell me your story."

Ira could already imagine her teacher frowning at how she handled this and sarcastically saying, So fucking smooth.

For a loremaster, persuading a person to tell you their story willingly is always the hardest part. That's why her coven forbid her from challenging fellow witches into a fight because it might make them stubborn about sharing their story.

She waited for an answer while continually flying around in circle; looking inside the drawers. There's only one thing she wanted from this treasure hoard: the Witch finder that a lot of the witch hunters use. And she finally found it.

[Witch finder: A clear circular glass pendant that could point out the location of a witch within 1 mile radius. By concentrating on the thought of wanting to find witches, a blood red needle will appear in the pendant that will act as compass and will lead the user to the witch. Knowing the witch's face will make it easier to find the target. Putting it before an eye like a monocle will allow the user to use it like binoculars.]

This would make Ira's task as a loremaster for witches a lot easier.

While inspecting her new toy, she noticed that the witch was gone so she rushed out of the room. The witch finder pendant is categorized as a common low class item so Ira didn't set off any traps once she exited.

"Hey! Wait for me!!"

Guardsmen: 30/36

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Western Market --- Ritsu

Having silently casted a teleporting spell, Ritsu quickly travelled between the shadows of the buildings, and arrived at the agreed rendezvous point almost immediately.

"That was one weird witch. Tell her my story? Whaaaat, do I look like I have the time?"

Ariel manifested beside her, still in invisible form, but she could tell that he was here, because of a treasure that he had granted to her, his head witch. To be relatively honest, Ariel didn't really care much about Covens and such --- He preferred hunters over most things, while made sense to her; What else could a Spirit of Hunting be asking for?

So far, she'd mentioned expanding the coven to him a few times, but each time, all he said was that 'he'd leave it to her'. And since she was naturally lazy, it became a convenient thing, like 'if I meet someone suitable'. The problem is, Ariel had very strict standards for hunters, so even if she took them in as witches, unless Ariel approved of their hunting ability, he wouldn't bless them, which would render the purpose moot.

"Well, I guess I'll handle the guards passing through here."

"With your new boon, you mean. As usual, melee combat isn't your forte, huh?"

"Nope."

The Shadow Wolves weren't damaged at all during the attack on the warehouse, so she had returned them back to Ariel, and asked for another item in exchange, one that she hoisted on her back; It was a coffin-shaped device that fired off knives created from her mana. These knives were special --- They were imbued with [Hunting] magic, and as long as they were thrown at a specific target, they would fly towards the target independently, capable of weaving through obstructions in the way.

Taking out three in particular, she stared at the incoming guards and twirled, tossing them high up into the sky.

Guardsmen: 27/30

Quaesitor likes this.
  10. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link

Following the right behind Saahira as she enters the building the paralysing mist seems to avoid my body. The ghost that has been following me appears, "Well you see I'm going to head out now and kill some guards you keep playing with this other witch little one." The ghost disappears from sight in a flash of blood returning to the northwestern slums. A few of the grasshoppers get caught up in the spell as they try to attack Crash meanwhile a few more are killed by the swirling air currents around Adrestia. As Saahira throws a potion into through the door I grab her shoulder. "I think you should slow down with the killing of the guards with your bugs they are growing a little crazy for blood it seems and we want the girls inside on their feet when we leave."

"Ahh guard guard guard. It's your lucky day you get to die to a ghost rather than a witch, so you will be going straight to the nether realm how nice is that." Crash begins his mad laughter again as she sways around the guards. Then the blood of the girls whom they just killed begins spreading slowly around the air. "You have been naughty guards using your position of power for you own personal gains. But I respect that so I will make your death painful." The blood begins to slowly wrap around the guards body slowly and steadily crushing them as the girls on the floor continue to bleed more and more. Then after all the blood has left the girls bodies and the three guards are still alive but crushed the blood begins to take on the shape of an iron maiden. "Puppy watch them make sure they die."
    Guards left: 24/30

OOC: @Haxagen you do realise that there is more than 1 slum right?

Quaesitor likes this.
  11. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well...shit."

The witch teleported in front of her eyes. Ira had already started writing that witch's story so she's a bit hesitant on picking new target. It wouldn't be hard to find that witch again with her new toy but her enthusiasm in writing that person's story died down a bit when she got ignored. Ira felt a bit irritated at her failure. Calm yourself down, you already said you wouldn't mind if she will not listen. She rubbed her face and sighed. Plus, you didn't explain everything carefully.

When Ira is irritated, she would want to lash it out on somebody. Besides, the Barkeeper told her to do some damage. She was quite sure that the bell tolling earlier most likely summoned a lot of the inquisitor guards into the Central Area judging from how the now dead warehouse guards acted before. She then remembered that she saw another witch enter the warehouse. Ira now debated whether she will follow the other witch or she should just kill some guards. Irritation kept creeping up her being. Ira can't allow that or her years of anger management classes with her mentor will be wasted. She smashed 1001 Nights down repeatedly.

"Godammit! GODDAMMIT!! GOD. DAMN. IT!!!!!!!!" Ira stopped then inhaled and exhaled. Good thing her partner is very sturdy or it would have been destroyed long long time ago. Releasing some of the irritation cleared her mind a bit. Ira remembered that the demonic familiar of the witch carried its unconscious master away. No stories will be told with an unconscious subject. She can just locate them again using her new toy. Guard-killing then?

Ira rode 1001 Nights and flew to the central markets. She raised her hood and hid her face with her red scarf. She saw three guards separated from their large group, going to a wide alleyway. She pulled off 1001 nights from between her legs and began a free-falling descent with 1001 Nights pointed down. A guard's head got smashed from the impact of the descent. As soon as 1001 Nights smashed the head, Ira somersaulted and swung the huge scroll by the handle; bashing the heads of the two other guards in quick succession. Ira then landed gracefully. She started feeling better but she could feel the regret 1001 Nights had when it killed the guards without hearing their stories.

"Cheer up, buddy. They're just a bunch of commoners anyways."

Guardsmen: 21/30

Quaesitor likes this.
  12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Western Market --- Ritsu

"Fumu. I should start working out my territory here."

Deciding to start on her domain work, Ritsu tossed out a few more knives, leaving them to hunt down any errant stragglers in the area. Then, she sent down a portion of her mana deep into the ground, bringing up a solid block of uncut stone. Using her mana to shape it, she created a statue, a bust of a wild stag.

The statue glowed deep red, and then stood upright, an eerie glow appearing in the stag's eyes; An Idol. Just looking at it alone would drive most ordinary people insane.

Then, her mana drained, signifying to her that her blades had hunted down more people. The timing was pretty much perfect.

"Ariel, a trade."

Now, she had enough points to keep the Hunting Knives, while also being able to summon a few Shadow Wolves. Calling out four of those, she ordered them to patrol the immediate area in stealth. Obeying, the wolves vanished into the shadows in the surroundings, undetectable even to most magical means.

Working intently on solidifying her hold over the area, Ritsu barely registered the fact that her wolves had taken down another group of guards heading for the centre, instead pouring more mana into the Idol to activate one of it's secret functions.

Then, she tossed a couple of human teeth into the soil, kneaded them into the ground with her shoe, and headed further down South, towards the Slums.

Guardsmen: 18/36
    Witch Hunter: Northeastern Gate

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  13. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

Huh. She isn't affected by my potions or bugs. Bit of a shame. "Oh, don't worry about that. they've been alive for an hour or so already, and are about to die due to age anyway. Accelerating a lifeform's growth also causes their lifespan to shorten greatly, and grasshoppers don't have a long life originally." Looking into the building, I can see a few paralyzed guards lying around.

To kill or not to kill? I enter, pulling out a common knife while doing so, and kill every second guard I come across. It doesn't take long until we finally find the captured women, locked up behind iron bars. I don't even bother to search for the key and pour some acid on the lock and the spots that connect it to the rest of the door, then wait as the acid, which by the way barely has any effect on organic material, slowly burns through the lock.

While waiting, I once again take a whiff from my Hookah, relaxing as its smell blocks off the unpleasant smell my acid produces.

Guardsmen: 18/36
    Witchhunter location: Western market

14. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wait why is there only a single woman in here I thought there would be more girls here. This seems like there aren't all that many. Hmm mayhap they have been killing most of the ones that they capture immediately and only kept a few for hanging?" Adrestia pulls out her blade uses the wind to move Saahira out of the way and cuts the hinges away whilst pulling it down from the wall. "Move quickly we must exit through the back exit thanks to her. I will take them out of the city you can come if you wish to see if they leave safely.

"You guards really know how to have the most fun don't you. Also why aren't you all prepared to deal with spirits and ghosts?" A flashing blade goes through the hand of Crash dropping a trail of ectoplasm on the floor whilst the hole rapidly closes up. "You did have some methods but I guess you have acted to late. The three guards drop to the floor with blood snakes wrapped around their necks.

Guardsmen 15/36
    Location witchunter: Western market

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Western Slums --- Ritsu

Having arrived there promptly, the first thing Ritsu did was to summon more wolves and create another Idol, this time with the head of a goat. After her wolves had scored a few kills, she obtained even more wolves from Ariel, and established a link between her first territory, the Western Market, and this place. Now, it would appear to normal people that these two areas were deserted, but only fellow witches would be able to see the aftereffects of her territory creation --- The ground was stained black and thorny red vines were peeking out everywhere.

Every so often, a small shadow would flit across the path, signifying that a Shadow Wolf had ran by.

"Perfec---Oh, wait."

A message from Ariel get to her. The longer she listened to it, the more Ritsu frowned.

"He's there, huh? Very well..."

Invoking another spell, Ritsu vanished back into the shadows once more, heading back to the Market.

Guardsmen: 12/36
    Witch Hunter Location: Western market

Quaesitor likes this.
  16. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Father Frederick was by no means a foolish man. The horrors he had witnessed just a couple of hours earlier were still there when he closed his eyes. The spawn of hell, the all consuming fog, the hero of the church blasted through the wall, yet surviving. He was surrounded by monsters and blood. The pale faces of the surviving guards who met with him at the Temple were not reassuring in any way. He convinced the highest ranking among them to call for reinforcements, and prepare to retaliate. Frederick would pay this humiliation back a thousandfold. Convinced in his righteousness he began earnest prayer to heavens, with the ironclad belief of its fulfillment. The cloud passed, rays descending from the sky, colouring the Central Areas golden. Heretics and evil beings would have a hard time entering this domain for the next two hours.

{{ Special Event Over: Completion rate: 66%. While the most pessimistic scenarios have been avoided, the town's guard has become alert of your presence, and received the blessing of the Divine. For the next two ingame hours (one day), every time you enter combat, your character will be unable to change location for the next post, due to guards flooding in, followed by the Witch Hunter, unless he's engaged in combat elsewhere.

It is recommended that you lay low and collect information from the townsfolk.

New mission added: Collect and Investigate

The town has been closed off. People have barred their doors, and drunkards in taverns are kissing holy symbols, and praying for salvation. Whether friends or foes, the townsfolk ought to know something. Find and interrogate important merchants, tavern owners, isolated priests, and whoever else you fancy.

Rewards: Each interrogation has a chance to add a mission to this list and receive 10 score. After you collect or extort information out of an NPC, roll a 1d10. Upon a result of 7, you have unlocked a bonus mission.}}

17. justabot

justabot NUF's Cutest Bot Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    NUF Dice Roller

Roll limits: -9999999999 to 9999999999

@BB_Tensei, an error has occured. To use the dice roller, please use the command "!roll min,max" without the quotes. Min being The lowest value to return and max being the highest value to return.

You may also use "!roll min,max,num_of_dice" if you want to roll multiple dice at once. The maximum dice you may use is 100.

Quaesitor likes this.
  18. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Quaesitor likes this.
  19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Northern Craftsmen Zone --- Ritsu

Finding a place to hide had been disturbingly easy.

Firstly, she had caused the death of more than fifteen guards previously. Among these numbers, some of them were sure to have had families of their own. Tracking down each and every one of them, she quickly found a particular one that fitted her requirements perfectly; The father was a guard whom she had slain, the mother had died from an illness long ago, and there were two young daughters --- one of whom always stayed inside the house, and the other blind.

As soon as she had located the house, Ritsu killed the former, and took her identity. Mimicking her voice had been cake work, since she was herself a young girl.

Naturally, she stopped all her witchery, only checking up on her domain every now and then. Otherwise, she laid low, and spent her time with the other girl, finding out all about the person she had replaced. And soon, she had earned the younger girl's trust.

Now, all she had to do was wait quietly. Waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

Tch. It doesn't matter whether there is one, or more women here. I did what I came for, and now it is time to leave. "Whatever, you bring her out of the city, and I'll try to do what I came here for." I take another whiff on my Hookah, and tense up. "I'll be going now!" I call out, while already rushing out of the house.

Once outside, I dash into a side alley and sneak my way to the southeastern craftsmen district. For the first time actually not drugging myself with potions, I am tense, one of my hands always in my pockets, grasping a potion. Something has changed, and I am nervous. The streets grow emptier and emptier, and as I spot a tavern, I dash inside and close the door behind me, panting from the exhaustion. I'm not used to running around a lot.

When I turn around, I only see a handful of people, including the owner, which look at me suspiciously. I heave a sigh of relief as I lock the door behind me, and say: "There-there was a witch outside. I barely escaped. She wanted to kill me!" While speaking, I secretly uncork a potion of mine with hypnotic effects and keep wasting time by acting pitiful, until they all are affected by it, staring into empty space. Then I start to question the tavern owner.

Location witchhunter: Western market

TiggerBane likes this.
  21. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Note, to roll the dice you have to roll them in an individual post. You may double post if it's to roll. }}

Quaesitor likes this.