Mini RPG Carcossa Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

Moments later, the messenger was brought up by the barkeeper. She was smiling but a dangerous glint can be seen from her eyes.

"You better not make a mess in this room. I will add another hole in your arm if you do." She then left Ira and the messenger alone.

The messenger was, of course, devoured by 1001 Nights. Because of it being depowered, no drop of blood was wasted so the floor was kept clean.

Ira then closed the scroll and waited for 1001 Nights to get back to its original size. However, it didn't just grew back in size, it changed form as well. The handle disappeared but the silver cylindrical tube body extended and got slimmer; it was now as thick as her arm. Instead of the silver thin pole used to pull out the paper from the tube, the tube now splits into two halves, each with slits where the paper slides out. Ira was shocked.

"This is... the original form of 1001 Nights when my mentor still had it in her hands!" She exclaimed. She inspected every inch of the 1001 Nights. She then pulled both halves of the tube apart and a blank sheet of paper filled her eyes. Writings will only appear when the owner willed it to appear.

Ira remembered the times she was seated at her mentor's lap whenever her mentor wrote something on the paper. Ira's reminiscing triggered something and writings appeared on the blank parchment paper.

Congratulations on finally taking the first step in mastering your wind magic! I'm proud of you. You are Ira the Wrathful no more but Ira the Watchful. Continue on your path as the Loremaster and be the best that you can be. May the Sky Mother continue to bless your wayward soul.

P.S. You might be wondering why 1001 Nights changed back. Originally, 1001 Nights doesn't have the ability to fly. I enchanted it so that you, a flightless wind witch, can fly (you were so pitiful back then whenever you come back crying to me after you get bullied by fellow witches). Now that it recognized that you can finally fly on your own, it released the flight magic that I embedded and the form suitable for flight. It doesn't need stories anymore to recharge. You just need to channel in some wind spirits for 30 minutes. You can now also use the fan form. Enjoy~

After reading the whole thing, Ira smiled and mouthed a thank you towards her mentor. She got very excited. She closed 1001 Nights again then said, "Open sesame!" The other half of the tube slid to 90 degrees angle from the other half, revealing a giant fan. It was so big, it can hide Ira's body. Ira's eyes twinkled from delight. The fan form makes channeling the wind a lot easier and more precise. It is also the best shield a wind witch like her could ever have.

"That's some nifty looking weapon." A voice from behind said. Ira looked back, it was the witch who helped her.

Ira immediately walked towards the witch and bowed. "Thank you for your help earlier!"

The witch turned her head away. "I did what I had to do." She then looked again Ira "You do know you still haven't done the courtesy visit to the coven?"

"Eh? There's something like that??" Ira cursed her mentor in her mind for not telling that to her.

"Well, it's not too late. I can guide you there. Besides, I need your help and I think you need mine as well."

@TiggerBane
    Witch hunter location: Merchants

2. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    "But there is something that I must mention if we work together. Do not, ever kill someone again for power. You may think it is okay and fine but it is never something that should be done. For as you kill people now horrible things will happen to you later on. So says Nemesis goddess of Justice and my master. Ahh yes I have forgotten to introduce myself I am Adrestia knowledge executor of the coven."

Adrestia sits upon the bed and slowly looks over the girl to check that she has properly recovered. After noting that she was Adrestia begins again, "Whilst I was fighting the witch hunter I used my most powerful spell and called upon the power of Nemesis to aid my battle against him. This is not something that I would normally do for a witch with the scent of blood upon her but you are of my coven and have not been excommunicated so I must. But because my entire focus was placed upon the hunter and you I lost something of extreme value similar to your scroll but far less protected.

Adrestia takes a sip from a glass of water she brought in,"It is a book which contains a sketch and information upon every single witch that I have ever heard. Which currently means every single witch in this city and many many more. So you are going to help me retrieve this. But first tell me more about your teacher it seems she has forgotten to tell you of the lore exchange." Adrestia pauses whilst letting Ira process what has been said.

Witch Hunter Location: temple

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

After splitting up from Master Hornraven and Inpes, I walk through the dark, dusty, catacombs. They... aren't as inhospitable as I would have imagined - they actually seem kind of nice - which is most likely due to the fact that I am a vampire now.

I keep walking through the corridors, past various tombs, and I keep walking and walking... until I smash a coffin in anger that I still have not found anything! How big are these catacombs!? After smashing a few more coffins on the way, I seem to arrive at something. Finally.

I take a quick sip of one of my drugs, only to find out that its effect is gone, now that I am a vampire. That sucks. Passing through an overly large door, I enter a wide chamber, in which an armor floats. Uwah, I can feel its 'holiness' from here. Better get rid of it quickly. Searching through my bags, I find the bottle of scattering powder and toss it on the armor.

One second, two seconds, three... then, the armor drops on the floor, the supernatural glitter gone.

Witch hunter location: Temple

Naraku and Haitaka like this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

"Huh." Finding the armor and facing it, Alacris felt blinded, and this sensation irritated him to its peak. He always felt a certain fury against every religions, no matter what, it was if as long as it was related to it, he would be hostile.

He decide then to defile it, to corrupt it, to plunder it, to make it his and only his. But, if Inpes wanted it, he would easily pass it to her.
    Gradually, Alacris' shell disappeared and only a slight fog was left, getting denser yet smaller, slowly, approaching the holy armor. Despite being in the catacombs, the room was quite bright, as if the light was coming from this very disgusting armor, radiating a so hypocrite holy light.

The fog entered into the armor, and in a split of a second, the light suddenly dimmed. Weakened, all he needed to was to spread into every particles of it until no light remained, until nothing else but him remained.

"Alright... All I need is time..." He muttered on his own while Inpes slowly made her way into the room, staring at Alacris doing his work.

Witch Hunter Location: Temple

Haitaka and Quaesitor like this.
  5. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Catacombs - Ritsu

Using one of her abilities, Ritsu located the armours that she wanted, and founded that of the six, only four remained, much to her annoyance. Still, from the general layout of the catacombs in the shape of a rough rectangle, she could guess where the last two had been, and thus she headed for the two in the middle, leaving Ariel to keep watch over one of them while she went for the other. Izuna went with her, obviously.

It took her only a few minutes to figure out that the armour, while holding a great holy entity within, didn't really possess any protection against posession. And so she did, happily pressing her hands onto the pauldrons and injecting pure black magic into it.

"Ara, it woke up. Well, that's to be expected, after all. Spirits that are in the process of being corrupted resist fiercely, after all. But I've already accounted for this occurring."

Ariel had weapons and items specifically meant for the process of capturing, as well. She always kept one of those in her bag, everywhere she went; a Shadow Viper that curled around a target's shadow and rendered it immobile. The disadvantage to it was that the snake would get flung off if the target's shadow was moving around too quickly, but the armour was perfectly still up until now, and so it was a perfect weapon to use.

"By the way, Izuna, I forgot to ask, but do you want this armour? It's been exposed to a lot of spiritual energy over the years, so I could mold it to fit your sizes, if you wanted to."

"It's fine. I rather like this armour of my own, so do with that as you wish. It's not as if I'm particularly pious, either."

Chuckling, Ritsu forced out the spirit that was hiding in the armour, and called out one of her Shadow Wolves. The wolf sniffed the orb of light that was still furiously struggling, and swallowed it, consuming it completely.

"Well, I guess you can move this armour instead. You ate a spirit that has lived for quite a decent time, so your abilities should have increased. Try them."

The Shadow Wolf howled softly in agreement, and then lost much of it's shape, turning into a formless pile of black fog. The fog proceeded to swallow the armour and render it obscure, and when the entirety of the fog vanished, having receded under the newly customized armour, it stood up and bowed. The Viper, sensing the change, uncurled itself and went back to Ritsu, nudging her cheek affectionately.

"Ara ara, you guys, don't act so cute yet. We have to repeat this three more times; While Ariel keeps watch over one of them to ensure nothing happens to it, I'll take the other two. Let's go~"

Grinning, Ritsu rushed out of the room, approaching one of the armours at the back.

Witch Hunter Location: Central Market

6. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    When Ira heard about the no-kill rule, she frowned. She then chewed her bottom lip and said, "Fine." It's not a hard thing to do now since 1001 Nights doesn't need it anymore but being told off sparked some rebellious feelings within her. Whatever. I need to gather around witches. No need to piss her off.

Then she processed that Adrestia told her that she lost her own lorebook and she needs help in finding it. "Eh? Ehhhh???? Then why are you not panicking?? We need to go back to the markets! It's already morning! Someone else might pick it up!!"

Ira immediately changed her clothes (with Adrestia looking away), slung 1001 Nights to her back (the barkeeper thankfully left her with a rope), then dragged the other witch to the nearest window then jumped to the nearest stable-looking roof. As soon as they landed, Ira was getting ready to jump up to the next roof when Adrestia pulled her back.

"Calm down!" Adrestia said with a stoic face.

Ira was baffled at her calm demeanor. "Okay fine. How do you plan to find your lorebook? Did you put some trackers on it? What are you going to do if the church finds it? I'm pretty sure they're sending people to the markets to clean up the corpses and help the commoners trapped under the pile of rubble."

Adrestia sighed. "Exactly. It's dangerous there right now. The witch hunter might be there also. We should just start where you fell while escaping, at the Northwestern Craftsmen Zone."

Witch hunter: Western Markets

7. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Having followed the group down into the lowest levels of the temple Crash begins to pull herself back together. "That was exhausting and this is hard work with the lack of blood down here." Crash moves around the temple's catacombs looking for a better place to draw blood into himself. "Where is that puppy when you need him?" Crash's stumbling around led him towards a large suit of armour with a weak holy being inside of it. Sadly however it was still stronger than the current Crash so he just had to wait whilst the mana and blood flowed into his body.

A short while later Crash was finally ready to challenge this weak holy spirit when he noticed. "The thing is bloody sleeping still isn't it? You mean I could have leached power from it to return to my original state what a useless thing." Crash then begins the power leach directly from the holy spirit, corrupting and weakening it the holy spirit begins fighting back against Crash. "What why didn't it try and prevent me from gaining power here?" Crash begins neutralising the spirits attacks against him. The armour slowly transforms from a metallic substance into a pure blood machine as the process continues further. Soon the spirit is completely corrupted and the armour is completely made of blood. Further Crash has regained enough power to disappear from this space.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  8. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link

After reviving the founder of the church as my revenant, I leave the Founders Tomb with both Yorick and the Founder in tow.

"Both of you hide for now", I say as I head to meet up with the group I came in with, "others can not know we were ever here" with that I sniff the air, finding traces of the people and beings that are here and were they have gone.

Yorick and the unnamed revenant seem to enter my shadow as I continue to move forward. Finding a path in the armory that the others had yet to go down, I follow down the twisting winding corridor to come across a large room with a centurion-esque suit of armor standing alone in the middle.

"It seems unfortunate really" I say as my revenant appears behind me, "Your descendants have just left these things to rot away, all alone in the dark" I begin to walk around the room, keeping my eyes on the armor.

"Do you know why I've decided to finally take action?" I ask the revenant.

"...", no response was given, but an anticipation was felt.

"For the simple fact that everything has become stagnant lately", I say as I watch the armor begin to walk towards me, "Witches, Hexers, Werewolves, Vampires and all the other things that go bump in the night have been in hiding, letting the church you founded grow more and more powerful" I say as i remain in place watching the hulking armor approach.

"Its become too peaceful, too boring", I say as the armor arrives in front of me, "thats why I had you return, and thats why I've finally started to act after all these years", the suit of armor kneels down, revealing inside of it a stream of blood operating the limbs, which is followed leads back to my finger tip.

"The world needs a conflict", while saying this Yorick reaches into the armor and grabs the spirit inside of it, "the world needs mayhem", the flames from Yoricks fingers reach up and begin to burn the spirit.

"The world needs blood", after I say this i gesture for the revenant to take an action.

He reaches out, grabbing the injured holy spirit, and swallowing it.

"This world needs war"

The revenants appearance begins to change: the whither husky skin begin to look lively and new, the decay begins to revert to a pre-death state, and the dark aura begins to fade into one of light.

"You look good for a 500 hundred year old man", I say looking at the appearance of an old friend, "Lets go then Lucien, Yorick" with that I leave the suit of armor and begin heading back towards the junction in the catacombs.

9. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ @Kuma Desu joins the fray as your new co GM on equal standing with me. Welcome our new staff! \o/ }}

10. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Catacombs --- Ritsu

While she was busy making her way to the next armour, the dot representing said armour vanished from her map, much to her irritation.

"Cheh! Izuna, we're changing directions. Some idiot just took one of them."

Heading quickly to the other armour that did not have Ariel guarding it, she soon reached an opened chamber, and found it lying on the ground. However, no matter how she prodded it, she could not feel any presence within.

"Damn it. All that's left is the armour. I'll take it, still, but tch, I was hoping to get four, and now there's only three, and one of them is soulless, at that. Grrr..."

Punching a nearby pillar in frustration, Ritsu immediately suffered an intense pain in her fingers.

"Ouch!"

"Here. I don't know why you wanted them so much, but hurting yourself won't help any."

Izuna, who had been silent for quite a while, spoke up, as she gently took Ritsu's hand and bandaged it.

"Well, I could actually care less about the armour, but the spirit inside was what I really needed...now I'll have to find an alternative method to create an equally strong spirit, and use that instead."

"Hm? What about the familiars you have? Couldn't you just utilize that?"

"No, Izuna, it doesn't work like that. The first one, possessed by the Shadow Wolf, only works because it swallowed a greater spirit, and doing thus, it evolved into a higher species. Regular familiars won't be able to handle the strain of moving this kind of armour without consuming berserk amounts of mana, and that decreases their active time greatly."

"I see. What will you do, then?"

"Hopefully find some place with a high concentration of energy, regardless of what kind it is. Ideally, natural darkness should work fine, bu---Ah!"

The answer to her problem struck her immediately, almost as if it was waiting there for her.

"A gathering point of dense energy, huh? I know exactly where I'll find it. In that case, I'll call an acquaintance to go fetch it over."

11. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Western Gate

After departing from the slums, Hyacinth and her party consisting of the demon Paimon, the wolf familiar, and Luciela, searched for a hiding place near the Western Gate zone.

Once they managed to settle within an empty building, Luciela spoke.

"I have scouted around using my familiar, and with the current situation of the city, I don't think I can return just yet."

Hearing her words, Hyacinth fell into a deep thought before suddenly taking out a book from who knows where. Not being able to see after sending all her familiars away to scout, Luciela asked curiously.

"What are you doing?"

"Grimoire... of Life... your eyes..." Hearing those mutters, Luciela was able to quickly realize her intentions.

"You want to try fixing my eyes?" Although she was touched, Luciela had no high hopes, as she and her coven have long tried to fix her eyes yet to no avail. Even with the miraculous Grimoire of Life, she did not think she would suddenly be able to see.

In the end, that was how they spent their time hiding, with Hyacinth reading through the grimoire, Luciela scouting their surroundings, and Paimon with the wolf familiar protecting them.

@BB_Tensei (I wonder if this counts as having saved the princess?)

Haxagen likes this.