LCD Card Disciple

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. IcedBaby

IcedBaby The Baby that wanted ETERNITY

Reading List:
    Link
    Will this be updated regularly now?

2. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably... most likely... certainly... not.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dropped~
    not a surprise ~

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long it'll take for this series to get a reliable translator :(

Also wondering why everyone winds up dropping it. It may not be the best series ever, but its definitely better than most of the series on this site.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: tbh I don't thrust wuxiadram when they take it~ cuz it seem they move toward business~ there nothing wrong with it but from my skimming raw back then it similar with world of cultivation so rather slow before it get really interesting~
    ai just waiting again~

6. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there ever an announcement as to why WuxiaDream dropped this? The last post they made said there would be so I was wondering their reasoning. Also, Is Fairly Accurate Translations still TLing this? There was nothing on their site saying otherwise, but I'm worried they may have dropped it after WuxiaDream passed their latest translated chapter.

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see any~ as for fairly it kinda like when translator have time?
    back to MTL again~

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Rejoice! Qidian take it
    hooray!
    prepare your wallet tho~

9. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is being TLed regularly now? I am hyped!

10. Dydreamr

Dydreamr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, so Qidian poached an active translation from the WW Forum? The TL is still releasing 2 chaps a day.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't realize QI had finally gotten around to translating this. Though, I'd really rather read the version on WW's forums. Sadly, that TL doesn't know how to use spaces between paragraphs :/

C37: I can't remember; what was the minimum star rating for an attack card?

C38: I was wondering why they weren't looking for investors or taking out loans to hire a factory to distribute their play on a wider scale.

That aside, can someone remind me what the token card was?

C41: It sounds like an invasion, but since that'd be extremely odd for a school, maybe a hostile takeover? But would their area even have enough resources to interest such a giant? I'd think that they were looking for the MC's card, but it's so small, and they weren't using any sort of detection equipment.

C42: I wonder if this place will be full of enemies.

C43: I wonder if he'll try selling his card plays or household cards through the club. I expect they'd sell quite well, but they might also bring him quite a bit of trouble.

I don't think affixing the illusion to a hat or glasses would solve the problem really. After all, if the person smiles or speaks, or even just blinks, that would break the illusion too. A rubber face mask like what they use in movie productions might work though. It might have some problems with durability though.

I'm still wondering if these people are enemies.

C45: Since he didn't RSVP, they should have called him (if they could), and/or sent someone over to pick him up. After all, the mail isn't 100% reliable, nor are the whims of geniuses.

C48: "how else would he be able to gather up over three hundred points in such a short time?" Did she already forget how he gained his first 400+ points...?

C51: I'm surprised he succeeded with the first attempt. I was totally expecting him to fail at least once or twice considering the rather massive leap in difficulty.

C52: Why the heck would he test it indoors? It's like test firing a gun in your home.

I wonder if the club has practice rooms, and if any of them would have strong enough walls for him to practice with a card that powerful.

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wheres the MTL?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try WW forums. I don't think it's actually mtl, but the quality isn't that different from the small parts of it I've tried to read.

14. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which translation version is better? QI or the WW Forum?

I originally read the first set of translations and was really enjoying Card Disciple / Card Apprentice, but then it died and got picked up again then died agian. This time things seem to be picking up for it, but I'm more interested in which is the better translation than how fast it's getting out. I'm not a grammar nazi or anything, but wall-o-text is still painful to read, ya know?

15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WW is better

Qi's feel like an MTL right now without proper terms and names being translated so it comes out really weird. their company for example is their names combined but this isn't shown in Qi as their names are translated but the name isn't

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why did part of C54 get transplanted into C53? It was super confusing.

They're both deeply flawed. The one on WW has tons of grammar problems that make it nearly incomprehensible at times, but the one on QI has colossal f' ups like putting chunks of chapter 54 in the middle of chapter 53, and some of the sentences occasionally don't make sense. That said, QI's is somewhat better. It's generally more understandable and the TL actually comprehends the importance of putting spaces between paragraphs.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why he hasn't tried to learn how to make 3-star power cards. I'm sure he could make one far more cheaply than he could buy one.

I wonder if he'll take this commission, or the one from the competitor. I'm hoping for the latter since that would require him to excel, while the former would require him to intentionally fail or cause a lot of problems in an attempt to get the guy fired, which would almost certainly backfire.

I know he won't try, but I wonder if he could use his influence to stop anyone in the club from taking the commission so long as that guy was attached to the project.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if his requirement will be something boring like "it has to be more successful than Aminia" or whatever.

That aside, absolutely nothing happened this chapter. It felt like a total waste of my time as everything important in it could have been covered in the first three paragraphs, and that's with dramatic tension left in. A bare-bones description wouldn't even have taken one.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why no one asked him why he refused the Zuos.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the rule of law means literally nothing then? It's too bad. It would have been nice to see a xianxia world where the law actually bothered to protect the weak in any way whatsoever, no matter how unrealistic that would be.

Seriously? The idiot is going to get homicidally mad because someone invented an effective form of copyright protection? He needs to grow the f' up.