LCD Card Disciple

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does being in the sewer solve the problem with killing one of them? He should have much more limited options for running away in a sewer once they realize where he is. Or is he counting on the survivor's desire to not enter a sewer being greater than his desire to avenge his friend? Even if that were a good thing to bet on (which it's not), there's no way to know that the guy wouldn't have an AoE ability that he could simply lob down the whole to destroy everything in the pipe. Or is he planning to dive into the sewage and hope that it can protect and hide him while he uses his superior ability to travel in water (if you can call sewage that) to escape?

That aside, what's even the point in killing the MC now? He's already made the cards. Even if he dropped dead right now, the show would still go on. Well, unless Copper had a mental breakdown, but even then, I'm sure the Pei's could find someone to take his place and finish his plan. Sure, it wouldn't be easy to take his place on such short notice, but there's plenty of capable people that would leap at the chance to save the Pei's in their moment of crisis, especially among Copper's immediate subordinates. Or do they not know that he's already made the cards? If they don't, then they should work on their information network.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems like a really, really bad idea to be hanging out in the wilderness while reeking of sewage. It'd be basically impossible for the predators in the area to not be aware of you, and they're not all such picky eaters that they'd turn down a free meal. Even those that are wouldn't appreciate the intrusion into their territories.

I wonder why he didn't just go up through another manhole/drainage pipe the way he came down instead of going all the way outside the city. It'd be much easier for him to die where he is than if he were to escape to the club for instance.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Could there actually be supernatural events in this world?" It's odd that a person whose whole career revolves around making supernatural events happen wouldn't believe in them.

Considering how massive the gap in their power levels is, I find it difficult to believe that she's planning to do anything to him. I'm betting he's going to learn quite a bit about cards though.

Speaking of which, did he bring his mystery card with him? If so, then I'll have to wonder why she won't steal it from him. If not, then I'll have to wonder why the Zuo's goons wouldn't steal it.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, rather than trying to fix the idiot's idiotic mistake by making amends with the MC, he's decided to double down on the stupidity and kill the MC, in spite of the massive fortune that could be made by befriending him. I'm not sure he really has a right to judge the other guy as an idiot when his vision is almost as limited, nor does should he really be holding up his son as a positive example of clear-headedness and calm thinking when said son made the exact same idiotic decision for even less reason than the first idiot.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she's looking for the same thing the academy is, or if she's what the academy is looking for.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If her faction has figured out how to use cards without other tools as aids, then why haven't they already conquered his faction? Is her faction just that much smaller/poorer than his? Or is this common knowledge in his own faction once you reach a certain level of power?

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "She had an average face" This may be the most shocking introduction of a (supposedly) important female character I've seen in a xianxia yet. Though, if she turns out to be a heartless villain that just wants to kill the MC and has no interest in doing anything else with him, then it will be significantly less shocking.

If he's running circles in the attic while constantly knocking things over, wouldn't that disturb their downstairs neighbor (AKA: the owner of everything he's destroying; AKA: the landlord; AKA: their boss)?

I wonder what his backstory will be. It'll have to be fairly remarkable for them to not question why he knows more about making cards than they do. Though, there'll still be the question of why he's bothering to even attend their school when they don't really have anything to teach him. Or do they teach classes for making mid-grade cards? If so, then it'll make some sense. There'll also be quite a few lies that could work to explain why he's not learning about them from the person who taught him his fundamentals.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much all that training he did with her will affect his results in the Simple Water World. I expect he'll be training there again in the near future after all, and there's probably more in there that he hasn't seen besides the poorly made swordfish dodging game.

Also curious if the academy provides private training rooms where he can continue to practice with his attack card. He won't be able to advance his training with the mystery card if he can't practice with it after all.

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    spoiler?

10. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the world building is kind of iffy. Like in the beginning it gave me a dystopian vibe for some reason, then it became sci-fi cultivation which is cool. But I think this is gonna be one of those where the world building proceeds at a snail's pace. Still a very enjoyable read though.

Edit: author really needs to give me an explanation on card types because all I know so far is fantasy cards and power cards neither of which explain the tailless shuttle that he miraculously made without any prior practice.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounded an awful lot like forming an dantian. I wonder if doing that is normal, or if he's just accidentally become the first to discover it.
    ?
    He had a lot of practice, just not with that specific card. If you've studied painting or electrical engineering intensely for years, especially if your foundational knowledge is rock solid, then just copying someone else's work without fully understanding it is far from impossible. Of course, it was a much harder card than normal even so, but he's a meticulous enough person that him succeeding on the first try is still within the realm of reason.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like the trap was too obvious, but I wonder how he'll interpret its existence. Also curious if he'll just steal the pen since winning it openly would be a fairly bad idea.

13. Stark3

Stark3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's one:
    During one of the MC's later travels, he encounters ruins that indicate that the origin of the card technology used in their universe is based on the Spirit Cards from the author's other book ( Undefeated God of War ). Quite a lot of time had passed between that timeline and this one, and in between the Spirit Cards started to lose power. Eventually they came up with a technology to have a separate card with the technique with an external power source (energy cards).

asriu likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should probably avoid claiming to be from that family. It's something that can be easily verified after all, and he's going to be sticking around more than long enough for such verification to take place. Well, that's what he thinks at least. I'm honestly not sure the author will let him stay in school for very long.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he's going to have to exterminate the Zuo family in order to protect Copper, and why the card club's owner wasn't interested in protecting Copper or Chen Mu. After all, if he's not willing to protect talents like them, then would anyone working for him believe for even a second that he'd be willing to protect them? He might as well just get down on his knees and swear fealty to the Zuo's in front of the entire city. At least then the relationship would be mutual and he might get some benefit out of it. As it is, anyone that doesn't want to be under the Zuo's thumb is going to avoid his club like the plague, and no one whose business interests run contrary to the Zuos will be willing to hire anyone from his club. Basically, his club is already dead. He just hasn't realized it yet.

Also not clear on why their employer didn't retaliate against the Zuos. Even if they didn't care at all about the MC or his friend, they'd still care about the Zuos stomping all over their face by trying to murder their employees, especially such talented employees. Though, they should care about those two since the loyalty issue here would actually be even harsher than for the card club. After all, the families butt heads constantly. If even the most talented and promising employees won't be protected or avenged, then what reason does anyone else have to remain loyal? That family would evaporate within a year as everyone either jumped ship or turned coat.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like he'll definitely have to eradicate the entire clan to get them to leave him alone. Having your entire family killed seems like a pretty hefty price to pay for not being able to tolerate a minor insult from a presumed nobody, but it would seem that they're absolutely determined to pay it.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll try hunting to pay the bills, and if that could even bring in enough money for his research. Of course, he could also get the money by robbing the Zuos, but that strikes me as even more dangerous than whatever's in the wilderness.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much money there is in modding rich kids' cars...

Also curious how long it'll take Phoenix to realize how much he improved Ya Ya's car, and if the modifications he made fixed the core problem of the technology. If it did, and he doesn't become filthy rich off of it (which he won't; he'll definitely get screwed), I'll be quite upset.

19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    soon
    I remember read this part
    mtl was scary

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he take the card repair jobs if he had no way to complete them?

I wonder why Phoenix didn't tell Ya Ya what Chen Mu had do to her car. Also curious how much a modification like that was really worth. Something tells me it was a lot more than 30k if simple repairs are 20-50k.