Discussion Career Choices

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Daisydacrazy, Dec 14, 2019.

1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You come to a thread where a 14 year old confused girl asks for advice about her career and skills and start bitching about how people don't understand business. If everyone is focused on creating jobs, then who is going to actually work? Go make a different thread and spout your bs there, if you have nothing productive to say, seriously.

Lurking likes this.
  2. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I had more success choosing a career when I figured out what I wanted my life to look like in the first place, and then chose a path that would fit that.

Do you want to travel? Have kids? Live simply and modestly, or live more extravagantly?
    If you were on your death bed far in the future, what would you regret NOT doing?

For me personally, I wanted kids. I figured out that sperm bank, adoption, or if maybe the off chance I do manage to find a good partner, kids are ridiculously expensive.

So I looked into careers that pay a reasonable amount to live off of, and have a certain amount of flexibility. Plus I love science and I enjoy taking care of people, so I fell into nursing, and currently have my RN license.

It's not my PASSION, but I'm good at it, and I've been able to accomplish my goals and live the life I want for myself.

So my advice is to think less about what job you want, and more about what life you want.

Lurking and Daisydacrazy like this.
  3. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    its not easy tho

grats if you acheived it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020