Cavities

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alchyr, Aug 5, 2016.

1. pandicorn

pandicorn ® Ruler of Gay Pandas ®

Reading List:
    Link
    Pussies. Why would I get cavities when my name is li fuguiiiii.......................
    Sorry guys.
    Me needs love. Me sad.
    Me never got cavities. Me is the going back to duck cave. Byezzz

Risus likes this.
  2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    download (18).jpg images (18).jpg

Attached Files:

Alchyr and nhanat like this.
  3. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I can have a tootache from eating chocolate without having a cavity, I'm weird like that

4. lichdeath

lichdeath undead meatbun ^^

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno i ythink about conspiracy theory tbh xD
    the only thing my teeth have is that they are yellowish cuz i havent been cleaning them enough but theyre perfectly fine after 4 years not brushing teeth and contineously eating snacks cuz of my addiction to candy that or there is a base bacteria living in my mouth thats neutralizing the acid produced by the breakdown of my food in my mouth

5. Readingaddict36

Readingaddict36 [Mostly dead]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm neither a dentist nor a chemist but I'll try to give an answer.
    You don't get cavities simply from eating sugary stuff. They form because certain parts of your food get broken down into acid by your digestive fluids and the bacteria living in your mouth which in turn reacts with your teeth by destoying them.
    The pain you feel is as already explained nerve pain. Since the innervation comes directly from your brain it's especially strong, there even have been cases of people comitting suicide to escape the so called trigeminal neuralgia.
    But there are two ways for it to happen a) the cavity reaches the nerve and the same acids forming it start destroying it and b) your gum recedes (sometimes through too forceful brushing) and the dental canals get uncovered. They exist to get nutritional fluids into the teeth but in this case they become 'waterways' for the acids again.
    Summing it up: Acids reach nerve = pain.