News Centinni: Behind the Scenes

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by WhiteMoonlight, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    One lesson other TL can learn from this mess? Use your own kofi link, what you get is yours. They don't let you use it? Then leave the group as fast as you can.

Serefina, Blitz, cruella and 6 others like this.
  2. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know the amount of docs this requires? and how complex getting deductions is? We are not a big website or anything ffs, cannot hire a accountant or anything for this, might as well pay out in bulk. Again! We are not that big geez

People pay their taxes by themselves, not with the help of accountants, and either you pay the government in bulk, or either you go to a firm or a accountant and get all the personal papers of the employee and other complez stuff, for which, we are not that big. I'm sorry. But please go to the official incometaxindia website and read them, you will understand.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2020
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, stop acting like translators are saints.
    Anyone can be greedy in the face of money even your all so righteous and pure fan translators

It is made clear that the website started on the novel and hired the translator later. If the translator didn't like the terms, there was no need to start in the first place.

The issue here is very obvious
    The translator found out that the novel earns a lot more than they were paying and wanted to go independent but they also wanted to take the novel with them.

It has now become a battle for the moral high ground at least on the surface

It is all about the mula at the end of the day. Its all about money
    The translator is new to the community and ignorant of the fact that they can be successful with any novel that they pick up.
    This drama is pointless.

Churn out enough chapters and you can earn donations from any dropped novel.

Random.poet likes this.
  4. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...you are a registered company. No matter how big you are, you will always need the help of an accountant or company secretary to make sure you comply with all the company registrar department's rules. Who tf cares about the amount of paperwork needed to be filed? It's what you need to do to earn money in any position anywhere. In normal jobs, that's waived because the employer takes care of it or there's dubious shenanigans going on.

You are big already. You are a team of more than 5 (including contractors). Stop trying to dodge the law like most people do and just do your paperwork. I know the mentality because I'm in SEA, but don't think the government will act dumb all the time. I don't need to read up on India's specific laws because it's common sense to have an accountant consult on your case or you learn how to do the accounting yourselves. You've proven you don't want to do the work, so hire someone for it!

PS. Have some manners and don't double post, especially when it's a reply to the same person.

Chronos5884, Xaos, runsing and 4 others like this.
  5. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we arent a registered business though and oh yeah, what do ya mean by government will not act dumb? I'm not breaking any laws, whatever income has been coming, I'm just paying tax.

6. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    But don't ignore the fact that the group's owners are also partially responsible for this whole drama. By the way you are wording it, you are somehow entirely shifting the blame on the translator. When in reality, both parties each have a fault for this drama.

Chronos5884, Xaos, runsing and 7 others like this.
  7. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes we are also at fault, but isn't everyone doing too much tbh? Smearing the other tls(who are quite happy) and also the thing about taxes, which I don't understand why is everyone having such a hard time to take in. We are not a buisness, income comes to account, we pay taxes and then pay people. It's that simple.... Anyways, centinni is going full smut now, cheers

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I said it is a battle for moral high ground. The post I was replying to made the assertion that the translator was blameless.
    But I will reword for your benefit

Both parties are equally greedy. It is just a fight for money.
    But it is not a form of disparagement. Everyone is human
    With the COVID-19 crisis, doing something online is one of the few ways to earn something.
    You can be successful with any novel. No need to be attached to this novel.
    Your next novel can be more successful than this one.
    If you need help in picking a novel that will guarantee donations contact me, I will gladly point you in the right direction.

I hope that is better

Zia8897 and cheerydandan like this.
  9. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Coilingeat

Coilingeat Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not want to defend Centinni as whole but rather translators, editors, proofreaders and so on who were ignorant about whole situation. On the day that Lanji left server she said to me that she is living translating and will tell later on why. Then Lanji was kicked out of server and Tinni made a statement that Lanji is greedy and that she is bad. I didn't believe Tinni because it was too sudden and I didn't think that Lanji is bad. Then I tried to search for information on this situation but couldn't find it or rather everyone were secret about it. Afterward, there was a post by Lanji then an official statement by Centinni to which I woke up. In the end, we translators couldn't say anything to defend our part of Centinni and everyone began their hate on us. Maybe there are bad things that happened, no I'm sure there are bad things, but bad things spiraled and now they are affecting other translators who were unaware of this situation. So I do not defend Shichi or Tinni but rather want everyone to know that we translators didn't vote for Lanji getting kicked from server.

11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    @Coilingeat Out of curiosity, why do you agree to Centinni's unfavorable terms for translators instead of starting your own site or joining another translator group?

Chronos5884 and maiphan like this.
  12. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know the tl could edit his own work and post it and get 70% right?????

13. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    If the translator is doing everything, what is Centinni contributing?

bruisedbone, MiyaMira, Blitz and 7 others like this.
  14. shan1102

shan1102 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if I can make profit off of writing about all this drama :blobpopcorn_cool:

Keep going ba~ I wonder when it's gonna die down :blobsmile:

AL13N, cosmosg and DjB1 like this.
  15. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think foxaholic also gives 70% and pretty much no editors and stuff no? The owner used to work there and she got these conditions hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

16. WhiteMoonlight

WhiteMoonlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.

Kitket making another comment before dipping.

Would appreciate it if there were no backlash for Centinni's translators. Please keep in mind they are rather young.

17. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't Wuijgege offer setting up website and adsense for only 10% 30% of the adsense cut? Looking at the income for Possessing Nothing's income breakdown, majority of the income is from releasing extra chapters through ko-fi, not adsense. Its so quick and easy to set up ko-fi, and the translator would get the money paid to their account instantly instead of having to wait. So, I'm curious, why a translator would join a group like Centinni?

No one had said anything negative to Centinni's translators, only Centinni's management

Edited to correct %

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  18. kittykittykittycub

kittykittykittycub Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pffftttt. I see the new post about p*rn whatever. Diversion tactic. lmao. And now this... lmao. This guy is funny!

Xaos, tkwhite08, maiphan and 3 others like this.
  19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I take 30%.

Like I said previously, the translator should just start on a new novel on their own website.
    It will end this.
    I see this as pointless drama
    The world won't come to an end if they did not translate Possessing Nothing.

Also, contracts are usually nondisclosure for a reason.
    No matter what your terms are people will disparage it

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  20. Arzvak

Arzvak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    awwwww I seeeee, from foxa right?

Zia8897 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.