News Centinni: Behind the Scenes

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by WhiteMoonlight, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, now you are just completely tripping and trying to throw out lots of jargon to confuse people and make them think there's room for debate when there isn't. Why don't you throw in CPC, CPI, and all that shit as well? None of it matters in the context of this conversation. The only thing that matters in this conversation is this - how many pageviews you have, how much money you take in, and how much you pay out. Kiki provided all three. The revenue she shares with her translators is $0.50 per 1000 total pageviews. The RPM Wuxiaworld shared was $0.60 per 1000 total pageviews. And using Google Analytics to calculate pageviews is completely justified, as Wuxiaworld still does it.

As for stuff like 'paying for premium ads', you are completely tripping once again; that's not an upfront fee, that's a deduction from the total revenue you take in, whereas you're portraying it as though it's an upfront cost.

Just stop, bro. I realize you are probably freaking out a bit because you are sharing revenue at a much lower rate than some other sites, but if you really wanna get into this then we're just going to go into more nitty-gritty details, and it probably aint gonna end up pretty for you.

Also, no strawmen arguments. The fact that some poor misguided dude thought 200k pageviews = 200k users and potentially 200k dollars was LOL, I completely agree with you there, but don't use that as a strawman to deflect anything you think might be viewed as a 'character assassination' by calling into question if you are splitting money fairly (which, for the record, I have no judgment about because I know nothing about your sites internals/financials).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am freaking out?
    Stop with the character assassinations. It is pathetic.
    I never said it was upfront. Anyone who works with ads knows no one charges upfront unless they are scamming you.
    You are comparing Wuxiaworld with about 30 million monthly views or more using Premium Ads to standard translators who don't even get 1 million a month.
    Comparing Wuxiaworld with possibly a thousand chapters released a month to websites who can't even manage 20
    I hate to break it to you but average websites do not earn as much as you.
    And average websites do not buy their nearest competitor like you did volarenovels
    Then again I am not surprised. You have at least been consistent in your crap that's why you are on my ignore list.
    For someone who owns such a large business, you seem to always have time to respond to my posts. I wonder who is really freaking out.

I can't believe I am dealing with your crap for pointing out that paying for ad blocked views makes no sense. Since it is money that does not exist

EDIT: The stupidity of this response baffles me and it can be easily disproven. Please everyone educate yourself. Just because someone owns a big website doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. You do not have to take my word for it:
    https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3481946?ctx=tltp&hl=en
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/ads-101-active-view-viewable.109549/

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  3. Pyon

Pyon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't character assassinate if you don't have character :blobsmile:

4. Blu De Blob

Blu De Blob Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't character assassinate if you don't have character :blobsmile: +1

5. shan1102

shan1102 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't character assassinate if you don't have character :blobsmile: +2

6. Butters

Butters Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine calling character assassination while doing the character assassinating hahaha

DemWafflz, Serefina, AL13N and 11 others like this.
  7. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    1) WW started off with ONE novel - mine, and our RPM was around $1.60 then (the more pageviews, the more ad revenue crashes). On a RPM basis, small sites do better than large sites unless we're talking the super-massive ones like Yahoo, CNN, etc. I've gone through everything you did, with just one difference - I actually made it work.
    2) I agree, WW isn't an average website; for translated Asian fiction, it's the top website (not app), with a lot of love from the community. My advice and comments reflect what we did to make it that - your advice reflects how to create a website that doesn't pay authors, pays translators less than even smaller sites like ISO, and is universally mocked.
    3) When people start screaming about character assassinations because someone else showed their OWN site's revenue, that's the textbook definition of a freakout.
    4) You can't reply to someone you put on an ignore list, you silly goober :LOL:.

You wanna continue? Seriously, I have a lot to say about the way you do business if you genuinely want to have this convo.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  8. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    @rwxwuxiaworld boss, need some advice. I have a blogger with Google AdSense running, I am kinda confused about impression and view things. The rate I can see on my AdSense displays my site has RPM 0.22. I always thought that I should multiply it by the number shown under the page impression, not pageview. Am I doing the right thing?

9. Pyon

Pyon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. rwxwuxiaworld

Reading List:
    Link
    hmu up Discord in the WW chat, just send me a PM and I'll take a look when I'm free! I should be launching two novels right now, but it's been a while since I got into a good ole fashioned chit-chat on NUF, hehe.

Blitz, kenar, Xaos and 6 others like this.
  11. Butters

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahem

Let this not detract from the original meaning behind this post: centinni group cheating and slandering a translator who left their group, going as far as to get said translator doxxed.

Additionally, moving to translate smut with the aim of "becoming the phub of the literary world" is a pretty interesting deflection move

myhlmes, Blitz, Chronos5884 and 9 others like this.
  12. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren? WW's an average site. Fite me. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, there is a lot of strawmanning going on. I'm only hopping in cause of the last mention of volare (which honestly is irrelevant to the entire thread). Since I'm here, when I started building volare up, I paid 0.25 per 1K views for a while (when we were smaller than ISO), went to 0.4 when we started growing, then made the switch to 0.6. It's all in how you manage the company operations, and I echo what everyone's saying about getting an accountant.

But really guys, this is a huge brouhaha for what is unlicensed content at the end of the day. Hoping to fly under the radar as a fan translation is one thing, but profiting off it is... frankly, illegal monetization. It's not 2016 anymore where it was the translation Wild West and everything went.

There are a lot of eyeballs trawling the forums these days, and prolonged drama like this isn't good for anything. There has been a lot of evidence and testimony conveniently splashed everywhere in these two threads. Ditto about leaving evidence for tax guys about one's accounting structure.

bruisedbone, Serefina, Blitz and 10 others like this.
  13. Tinni_15

Tinni_15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh
    Are u the person who came to our server seeking drama?
    But unfortunately, u went away empty-handed. So now u are here lol.
    [​IMG]

Random.poet likes this.
  14. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tinni_15 are you able to answer these questions? I can't help but notice that nobody from Centinni has said anything about this except for OP.

Chronos5884, Xaos, Solus and 5 others like this.
  15. shan1102

shan1102 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye it wasn't very interesting there, there's more here la~ so ofc I moved :blobokhand::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobpopcorn_cool:

Oh does anyone like my pfp in discord, please do tell :blobhug:

Serefina, Xaos, maiphan and 2 others like this.
  16. Butters

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly such a great point, what is the explanation there?

Also them saying "could have avoided this with better communication" but I feel like they were pretty clear in communicating that they want to ruin OP when they shared her personal information and wrote explanations that can only be read as slander/libel.

Chronos5884, maiphan and DjB1 like this.
  17. Tinni_15

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all I would like to tell u all, the original translator for possessing nothing was not lanji but yui and shichi. We met her by chance and invited her to work on this specific project to help us. As for other things I suggest u read our post on website and on nuf, that we have made earlier. Thank u for your precious time ~

18. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I know that Kitket picked up the novel. However, I've already read both your posts. You've claimed that you already paid OP but "issues arised when she thought the pay wasn't enough", which is a direct quote from your statement on your website. So what's up with the money? Why does OP's post show that she was expecting $121.45 with the 35% rate, and why did you only give her $54.34? I don't think it's important whether OP picked up the novel or translated it from the beginning. I'm concerned about why there is this discrepancy, and why nobody in Centinni is explaining it.

Chronos5884, Xaos, Solus and 7 others like this.
  19. LightDown

LightDown Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is ur site down? i want to read the novel but i keep on getting Error establishing a database connection.

20. Tinni_15

Reading List:
    Link
    we had already announced while payment that it is only one months payment. And we will give 2nd months payment by july end. She could have come to us with her issues and we would definitely help her out. Because other staff members did that and we helped them out and showed all the finances. She is always free to come to us to see the finance sheet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.