News Centinni Update

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BlackCat666, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just_areader2

just_areader2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* Sure. Let's pretend for a moment that I was indeed talking about Tinni not making TLs aware of her retirement. I was absolutely not talking about how irresponsible she had been just leaving shichi in charge of the money as well as a humongous mess for others to clean up. (Dude, are you serious? I even added memes this time to convey my feelings.)

Even if the TLs knew about her "retirement", the rest of us don't. So to me, she still counts as the "face" of Centinni with Shichi. That is why I asked about an official announcement.

2. ciphertranslation

ciphertranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't know :blobpeek: i was jumping to conclusions when i read that the site is going down sooner or later....

ciphertranslation likes this.
  4. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why you don't know about her retirement when it already pointed out several times on the first page.

5. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    I know now that I saw this thread. I didn't know she had left months ago (nor do I really care). And again, that's not what I was really talking about. I would have thought me quoting Tinni several times would have made it clear.

Edit: I realized sarcasm is hard to convey through text so I am explicitly stating that I was being sarcastic when I said I "wasn't talking about Tinni being irresponsible as a co-leader and abandoning ship leaving shichi in charge of the money" earlier.

Kaylee likes this.
  6. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She left because she stressed out and she had irl stuff to care about. It doesn't matter whether you add meme or not--your so called essay is just adding fuel to the fire. Unless the TLs who are really the victims here are calling her out to take responsibility, there's really no need to make this drama a bigger mess than it already is.

7. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, may I direct you to this particular section of my essay:
    I didn't know asking questions for more information and clarification on vague statements was "adding fuel to the fire". My bad, man. Also, I'm sorry that memes do not add more meme-ing to your life. I added them because I enjoyed them and thought they conveyed my thoughts pretty well. But it seems that it didn't do the same for you, which is a shame.

8. Random.poet

Random.poet Powered by Coffee

Reading List:
    Link
    well, lets get this straight...
    i was mainly trying to tell people the things i have been told, mostly lies. (there were a ton of lies, like a full chapter. You wont believe how long, convoluted, and pushing it more and more)

the messages i deleted before were me trying to defend the other translators that still worked in centinni at that moment (and i missed deleting this one you pointed out). Some people were trying to boycott centinni. It's fine if readers dislike an owner of a site, but knowing other translators might be affected by it got to me...
    i made friends with those translators/editors/and posters, and they don't deserve to get boycotted, they worked hard.

i am not saying i didn't try to defend centinni. Yes i did, but not because i thought everything was fine. Its because i thought other translators shouldn't have been brought into this drama, and pointed out that payment isn't only about the views.

so any way,
    yes, i made a mistake in believing lies. I tried to correct them, and even apologized to Kitket/Lanji.
    what i said in that apology should be private between me and Lanji.

but i still stand by what i said,
    the translators in centinni are good people, and like me, some didn't know what was really going on until it was to late. You may want to call me a fool, but i had hopes... trust me... i'm crushed, and i'm trying to work my way back up again. that's all i can do.

9. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck with your next venture in our translation community. I hope you enjoy it without having to encounter this kind of unpleasant thing ever again.

10. Random.poet

Reading List:
    Link
    looks like the update got an update... ready with more popcorn... :blobpopcorn_cool:
    it's out of my hands now...

11. OurPrinceNiki

OurPrinceNiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So much drama with centinni, sad that there is still no protagonist present. This can be a good time to read on but without a protagonist to support on.:blobpopcorn:

12. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, I consider the translators to be the protagonists... but I guess since their plot armor isn’t working well for them, you’d consider them cannon fodder? :blobjoy:

c.decora, runsing, DjB1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me get this straight: you seem to be under the impression that I am saying all Centinni translators and staff are bad. Now let me set this straight: I can understand staying for the people. I'm sure Centinni staff are great.

What I still do not understand is how you exactly stayed on with the group after evidence of doxxing, slander and libel, as well as overall sloppy organization of the accounts? I'm really not sure what kind of lies they can spout that will make you turn a blind eye to this kind of action. And I also do not understand why you would delete your comments in that thread. Now, since there is nothing for the rest of us to reference, it is all based on what you say it was.

So again, I am asking you: what was the final straw that broke the camel's back?

Edit: fixed usage of "let me get this straight". I was thinking of "set this straight".

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  14. Random.poet

Reading List:
    Link
    1. As you said yourself, the staff were great. Thats why i stayed, i tried to fix issues by working more than i should have, but i was always put aside. (Ask other staff if you dont believe me.)

2. If you are a person that has never believed in any kind of lies in your life, then good for you. Im sorry im not as perfect as you say i should be. Im only human.

3. You can refrence the replies to my comments, you can shift through them again, as i can see you have. If you dont want to believe me then so be it... i deleted them because of regret in believeing lies, if i didnt i wouldnt have told you i deleted them. That is also the reason for my apology. i will not list the lies out for you, and i dont have to.

4. Reasons for me leaving:
    -personal issues with some people
    -irl money problems
    -ignored when pointing out work issues
    -disrespected verbaly
    -the staff werent paid for a long time
    -lied to over and over

Thank you for asking, but no, i do not have to go into detail just to entertain your curiosity.

15. BlackCat666

BlackCat666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    suddenly this sounds like a witch hunt?
    the owner wont even address the problems..
    why question the staff that just want to move on?

Random.poet likes this.
  16. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to point out that you don't have to reply more than this, lest you'll get dragged unknowingly if you're not careful. The drama this time around is the second admin shirking his responsibility after the first one leaving, no? Then just leave it at that. There's really no need to entertain someone who wants to dig this and that or whatnot and make the mess bigger than necessary.

c.decora and Random.poet like this.
  17. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Let's move away from talking about the other people at Centinni, because that is not my main point. You still seem to be under the impression that I am condemning you because you basically lived in Centinni’s house of lies. I admit I am still surprised people believe in Centinni considering the evidence and track record, but people will always fall for a scam. I am not blaming you for falling for a scam. I am asking why you stayed even though there were clear signs that it was a scam. Even if I asked, I still wouldn't be able to understand-but maybe someone who sees this thread would be influenced and change. Who knows.

2. I merely expressed my bemusement that even with the kitket thread, you still stayed in the group. I am not sure where you got the impression that I do not necessarily believe you. Though again, I still do not understand what purpose deleting those comments even due to regret would serve. As you said, they are in other replies.

Wait, when did you apologize? Are you talking about your apology to Lanji at unknown date and time? When did we start talking about that?

3. Certainly, you do not need to list the lies out for me. But it would help others to get out of this pit if you are able to debunk more lies that you say you were told and that you had believed. This would also serve the purpose of s-oh. Oh, okay. I'm making more of a mess. Well, this is simply my opinion. If I am unwittingly on a witch hunt, then I guess I am. Because anyone who knows what a witch hunt is about and the history of witchhunts would agree that the evidence that I reference and the quotes I use all are targeting "witches".

Yes, that is it. I wouldn't have realized. All this time, I thought I was treating these comments with respect and sincerely addressing your remarks. I really thought you were going to tell me your thought process for staying with Centinni despite all the obvious signs that money issues would be a problem if the owners didn't fix things.

Then, shall we get back to talking about how irresponsible Tinni was and how it is still perplexing how she decided to entrust the financials to Shichi? And maybe also about what things Centinni did fix, like they said they did?

Astaroth, kittykittykittycub and DjB1 like this.
  18. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    First they doxed
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not the one who was being doxed
    Then they lied
    And I did not speak out
    Because I was not the one they lied to
    I guess at the end of the day, no one cares when it does not affect them.
    It was already very clear that the group had zero respect for translators when the first drama broke out.

19. DjB1

DjB1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooof is it bad of my part to say I somehow expected this to happen, honestly it should have been obvious this is how it was gonna turn out as seen from how both owners or well the current and exowner ignored addressing all those problems and if I recall correctly (forgive me if I remember smt wrongly since it has been a long time since i paid attention to what happened B4 cuz of exams) back then it was you (Alex and some others who I forgot their names and I am kinda lazy to go digging too much) others who kept defending centinni owners and also saying how kitket shouldn't have spoken up and should have solved it in dms and not affected other people even if she suffered betrayal and backstabbing so I don't know why everyone is acting like a white lotus now for god sake, can't even know that you have changed(?) since you deleted your old comments which scream sus for me ngl anyway back then you condemned kitket for speaking up about what she has been through so I really wonder why now it is okay for you to speak, since it was the same situation if I am not wrong, anyway it seem like shichi won't appear at all now and tinni even tho she appeared she didn't say anything about the mistakes she made B4 but made everything the fault of shichi alone even tho they were both owners and she had a hand in the past drama, also it is fair to ask the only staff that appeared in the thread to clear their names (Alex and tinni) from everything they did Inthe past and act like white lotus no? since they are the one who came here and commented on their own about how they also went through injustice now forgetting their last actions and how they didn't actually do anything about what happened B4 evidence by what happened this time too, tho ig back then it didn't affect them personally so it was okay(?) too much for making friends and treating each other as family I suppose, actually I wasn't gonna comment at all those that witch hunt comment made me feel it to he funny esp since blackcat (dunno whos alt it is, was the one who started this witch hunt again centinni and also targeted betterdays too in another thread) so I wanted to join in instead of lurking and liking comments.
    I tried to type this comment when l was calmer and less sleepy as compared to last time tho sorry for my bad english (It should have improved a lil since I took some english classes this year) also most prolly this comment is all over the place(?) sorry but I am not used to talking too much and not that persuasive and I am sure even if I spent more time trying to make it better and more straight to the point and edited it will still not get to everyone since from what I have seen it is either acting like even with just a reader comments which if I may say was really a good comment (I strive to write comments and essays like yours In the future) everyone missed the point of their comments and just acted like he is searching for blood by targeting Alex and tinni even tho they were the one who appeared by themselves esp tinni who supposedly left all social media and everything but still was able to come here and act innocent even tho she didn't address any of her last mistake she made at the start but thrown everything at shichi and made it look like it wa all his mistake while she had no hand in it as for Alex sorry but I suppose that now that it affected you personally you had to talk and change your stand point which sadly is smt you should have done at the start when everything happened

20. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the whole thing with Tinni is that she could've just stayed out of this whole thing, but nope, she had to walk back into the fire and act like a complete white lotus. Like biggest white lotus I've ever seen, acting like she didn't do any wrong, didn't write or do any of the shitty things she did in season 1, and pushing the blame on everyone else because I'm so iNnoCeNT. If she just stayed out, left a short comment apologizing for her actions and clarifying she left Centinni, nobody would care. It's her attitude thats ticking everyone off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.