News Centinni Update

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by BlackCat666, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vitigirl

Vitigirl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this drama is honestly too much. Thanks @just_areader2 for that master post. It was very helpful for understanding all this drama.
    I'm honestly speechless right now. Like all this happened and yet nothing changed.
    Well I do feel bad for the translators who had to go through this (I'm only sorry for the ones who had no idea about this, though I doubt there really is anyone like that), but I can't honestly sympathise with most of you, especially the ones who knew everything about this and still kept quiet. And for the ones who defended centinni before and accused the previous translator, well you guys got the instant karma.

Admit it guys, you all kept quiet because it wasn't something that was bothering you. You all are now coming out because you find yourselves in that same position. The previous translator was doxxed and scammed. And god knows what all he/she had to go through. Sadly that person is still being used by some to get sympathy and hype.

It happened all before your eyes. And if you still say you had no idea or just blindly believed all the lies the centinni admins spewed out, i really don't have any words for you. Come on you can't be that naive not to understand the signs. Seeing doxxing and slander happen right in front of you and then the admins dodging the payment responsibilities, it's quite absurd to be honest.

And Tinni, I really do understand your reasons for leaving the group, but what I can't wrap my head around is how you can just leave everything in the hands of someone who had previously scammed you. You yourself have criticized him and from the tone of your posts, what i can infer is that you didn't trust him before leaving. So then why did you leave everything in the hands of someone like that? And did you really give out an official notice in your discord about your leaving? Cause many in your server still have no idea.
    Honestly seeing your and some previous translators' post here and on the kitket drama, all i can say is you guys are quite big hypocrites.
    Well now that almost all of you have left centinni, I hope you guys won't have to face something this unpleasant again.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder who owns the tax id and bank account that gets the Patreon and Adsense revenue for Centini. I assumed it was Tinni_15 because they were talking about paying taxes in Centinni: Behind the Scenes. Won't they be liable to tax authorities to pay the tax?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  3. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, another Centinni drama. Can't really say I'm surprised about this though, I saw it coming miles away after the earlier Centinni drama. (Still surprised how the translators couldn't see that same thing happening considering how clear it was that those two [you know who I'm referring to] doxxed and scammed KitKet.) Must really suck to be you as for the loyal Knights of Centinni well Karma is a bi*ch.

Now what I'm really surprised at is how short Tinni's memory is. Wasn't that long ago when She knowingly went against established agreement and cheated poor KitKet. Now acting all pure white lotus, it's disgusting really. Oh my bad, she must have Conveniently forgotten about that. It isn't her fault ☺️

4. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I hated most are those who defended Centinni, they honestly deserved to get bitten. I can still understand if you turn a blind eye but defend?

Telling kitket to handle it through dms instead and whatnot, only to have the same thing happened to you? Definitely deserved it.

Let me say this. "Oh but I defended thinking they are 'blah blah'." Doesn't matter. Whether you did your research or not, you did an action of defending.

Even if you are completely innocent, you are just as guilty. And yes, everyone makes mistakes. So even if you're innocent, your act of defending makes you, once again, guilty.

Understand that you will be criticised for defending even if you were not aware of their true motives. That's how powerful an action does.

I'm just trying to say that the people defending equally plays a role to this outcome. Don't just point everything to the people managing (who I'm equally pissed) but also the people below too.

Edit: I just want to add on, that maybe some might have truly no idea of it. But it still applies. You could remain neutral but you didn't.

You might be in the wrong impression and defended with that mindset. All the same. If things goes wrong, you have to take up the blame for doing so. You don't just defend and when something goes wrong, "Oh dear. I'm sorry 'Blah Blah', that's it". Doesn't work that way.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  5. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, is this a witch hunt or something? because all I can see that you're condemning.

She already said, she apologized in private... it's between her and him/her/them, what's your take in this, huh? to me, it looks like you're the one gathering attention for yourself by fanning the drama that should've been resolved.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  6. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I checked, you didn't care about kitket efforts.

7. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *nervous laughter as I realize how either this thread will explode or new thread will be created once people realize the inevitable has happened*

8. Rapier

Rapier Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both Discord servers—the one for readers, and the staff's Slaves' Hub—died.

Time of death: Some time between yesterday and today...

Someone ran away with all the money they promised giving out in the previous days, I assume...

9. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    literally... 30 minutes ago. he has paid those who sent him the amount that needed to be paid (so I was told) barring 4 people

10. Sinking Ship

Sinking Ship Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can confirm that I was paid at least, but I wasn't told anything about the discord shutting down. Very odd.

11. bewitched

bewitched Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only a few people got paid apparently. Probably the people who did not announce their leaving and was quite friendly with him.

12. just_areader2

just_areader2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do people actually know what constitutes a "Witch Hunt", or are you just interpreting it in the way that is most convenient for you? Stop selectively reading my words and twisting them while you completely miss the point.

“Witch hunt” implies that the targeted group/individual is “innocent”—but none of them are. Anyone who stayed in the group after the doxxing and smear campaign were bystanders at best or accomplices at neutral. (Let’s not even go into the fact that I’m hearing rumors that apparently one of the translators now leaving had been managing the finances.)

I really liked nonononononono's comment so I'm going to quote it for you to read:
    What goes around comes around. There had been plenty of warning signs and plenty of people in the first thread telling y’all to gtfo - let me know if you want the deets too; I’m more than happy to help you out there.

Admittedly, me confessing that I was “confounded that they still believed in Centinni after the Kitket thread” may have implied that their critical thinking and analysis skills were lacking. I forgot that nuances are harder to grasp through text. I’ve just been asking how no one in the group who has posted here seemed to see this coming. You know, “fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”?

Furthermore, “witch hunt” implies that there is “punishment” involved. However, other than pointing out the facts of what just happened with Centinni, what else have I done? It’s not like I told others that this group crying about how their trust was betrayed were utter hypocrites and to not read from their translations. It’s not like I used any falsified information; I can link you to all the sources of my information. What else do you want from me? A “you tried” sticker to the people trying to run a translation group named after the founder who apparently left but still came back to gloat on NUF?

Anyways, Tinni “pops” out from “hiatus/retirement” talking about how the group went downhill after she left. Her vague comments about how she had “tried” and all that jazz only added fire to this drama really. So the question is: Did she know she asked for this herself?

She literally just dropped everything to Shichi, someone who was not only part of the money issue last season but one who apparently didn't listen to her while she was in the group. How do you expect this guy to "know his limits'' when he already has this track record? And then she just came back without addressing anything and pushed all the blame onto Shichi.

You all have responsibility. Assume the responsibility.

TL;DR for whoever needs it:

Why come on just to gloat over how things in your group went downhill and bemoan that your ex didn’t know his limits after you left? Not one post, not two posts, but nine (9) posts on this thread alone, much less some other gloating comments on other Centinni threads. What purpose does that serve?

Is the apology relevant though? Like yeah, it’s nice that you apologized but that doesn’t seem to be what we had been talking about previously? Honestly, I don't care what the apology was. I doubt anyone does. But I find it funny that she's acting all mighty and happy with the downfall of Centinni only after her interests were harmed, and not in the previous season.

Besides, has the drama really been resolved? Why are you commenting here then? Sure, the thread has been active and inactive these days, but I don’t know if anything was resolved? I mean, nothing really was resolved in Season 1. That’s why we have Season 2. And hey, Season 2 has officially reached at least 3 threads—just like its predecessor.

While it’s quite refreshing being seen as the antagonist, there have been at least three users against me in this thread. And of the three, the one who started the calls of this “witch hunt” did it to get to 5 posts to go add a screenshot calling out another ex-Centinni translator on a different thread (lol). If you want to say that I am single-handedly able to achieve the effect of a “witch hunt”, then I suppose I’ll take it as a compliment. Thank you for acknowledging my arguments and essays.

If you people won’t accept my questions and statements, would you take a song recommendation? I really like the song “Wolf in Sheep's Clothing” by Set It Off (feat. William Beckett).

And since I’m apparently ‘just doing this for the attention’, here’s the obligatory sign-off remark to please make sure to hit that like button and follow me on NUF for more essays~:blobrofl:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Navalends, DjB1, LiLi041 and 8 others like this.
  13. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the other threads? I’m curious to go read them.
    :blobrofl:

just_areader2 likes this.
  14. Sutad Aatma

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of these comments feels so black and white lol
    It is almost as if a gray area does not exist in this complex world of ours.

Well, to all the innocent members, don't let this weigh you down and just continue what you were doing somewhere else.

But make sure that next time when you notice red flags in your group, you don't ignore them. Some of you were probably ignoring everything that happened in the server and did not know the intricate details of what was happening until it was too late but that is okay.

Next time, try to talk a bit more with your co-workers. Not all, but at least know a few so that you can be updated on things. Communicate. Try to at least get a gist of what is happening so that you can leave when you feel like this is not the place you envisioned yourself to be. If there are concerns, talk about it with the core members or someone who can talk to core members for you. Pretty sure at least one of them has to be approachable lol.

And choose your next place wisely. Learn something from happened here today. And most importantly!!! Take care fellas.

Life is too short and we don't get paid enough here to worry about the nitty-gritty details about some toxic members. You are too fabulous to be stopping here. (unless it's a certain someone with B who has left long back, fuck you on behalf of a friend XD)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Navalends, opodin, Fuyuneko and 3 others like this.
  15. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    Anra7777 likes this.
  16. Adastria Lillith

Reading List:
    Link
    Bla.. bla... Bla.. yadda yadda yadda....
    The point is, you're condemning someone who already apologized. Let's just get to the point, overzealous witch hunter, what's your stake in this?
    Are you just gathering attention to the peanut gallery and asking for like? Are you a victim?
    Oh, wait, maybe, you're just another asshat...

Good luck on your witch hunt..

17. omniscient reader

omniscient reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol guess apologies can solve everything :blobpopcorn:
    Also heard a rumor that the certain someone was placed in charge of the finance by shichi? But pity the Centinni Discord got deleted.

Eh, doesn't matter much when this thread is about to get locked anyhow with the very sus OP. As just_areader pointed out, did OP only start this thread to hit the 5 required posts to attach links? :blobspy: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/6120311/
    OP threw Centinni under the bus by starting this thread and Centinni drama reopened just to... reveal another Centinni tl's "wrongdoings"?
    Can't tell what's going on, but methinks Centinni is just full of snakes and slaves. :blobhyperthink:

TY for all for the free popcorn and tea.

Navalends likes this.
  18. Adastria Lillith

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure it doesn't, but like i said to @just_areader2 what's your stake in this?
    One of the admin has apologized, does the victim ask him/her/them to apologise to him/her/them in public? If not, why the condemnation?
    If the victim himself/herself/themselves did not ask for that particular someone who had apologized to do it again in public, i can only conclude that you guys are hungry for attention and drama. All that I could say if this is the case is, what a bunch of fools.

19. omniscient reader

omniscient reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what's your whole thing about apologies and how you are apparently seeing "condemnation" on my part, but I'm finding it interesting how OP edited their post a couple hours earlier as though they are trying to get the mods to lock this post. Just like what another I guess former centinni tl did a couple days ago with their thread. And just like how both threads were all about money. Uh, sorry to disappoint?

Musashi likes this.
  20. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to say that I find it really ironic that someone with the title 'inquisitor' is saying that I'm an 'overzealous witch hunter' while also just completely dismissing all the arguments presented. I'm also lost. What apology are we talking about? Tinni's or RandomAlex's? @_@

If we're talking about RandomAlex's apology to Kitket, I wasn't talking about that? And I already said I don't care about it? Did you seriously just say I'm 'condemning' them without reading my explanation about my stance? Ohhhhhhkay.

Navalends, Ravenhelline and DjB1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.