Spoiler Chang’an’s First Beauty

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by pokapoka, Aug 21, 2020.

1. prettylucky675

prettylucky675 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Can you give a timeline of from which chapter to which chapter the first second and third lifelines are?

DeyDey likes this.
  2. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I already forgot
    But I think the third lifetimes was in extras

3. Lazyhazy

Lazyhazy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1-146 involves mostly 2nd life and little bit of past life.
    Chapter 147-154 involves 3rd life but its also like 2nd life in parallel world. Because here they remember their tragic past not the 2nd life.

About letter:
    • "When husband read this letter this concubine might arrive in Mobei.The long paper is short, the pen is hard to get off. Full of thoughts, lingering past events.The disaster of the Shen family in the past is in a trance, and the nightmare and the morning terror are as vivid as yesterday.This concubine understands in her heart that your Lordship has done many things for her. In the embarrassment of the journey, this concubine has no thoughts of retribution. After learning about the joy of lord and Xu's Qiniang Wedding, I knew that the wife position was not empty anymore.This concubine knows that all this was not the original intention of the My Lord, but also knows that the fate is hard to violate. After this farewell, the concubine was ashamed of infinite sorrow, and it was difficult to report in case.In addition, the concubine has one more thing, I want to talk to you. This concubine had dreams at night, and all kinds of dreams seemed to be a world away, and the personnel affairs were very different from today.In the mist, this concubine sees my Lordship before he has reached the point of time and immediately enters the center to govern and become a generation of virtuous officials. Zhangwa is both complete, with children around his knees, and his name is Chang'an and Jingzhu.When the clouds pass, the past will become dust, and the future will be unpredictable, and you will respect yourself with time.If there is an afterlife, I hope you can smile like in your dreams, and everything goes well. Shen Zhen." This letter is from mtl so some sentence are hard to understand. I fixed some word and sentence here.
    • No, he didn't marry or take concubines in his life. After shen zhen gets pregnant her 2nd sister in law Shen Man (who is also from shen family from side branch) advice her to give concubine to her husband so that he doesn't bring other girls who will be hard to tame later. She agrees with her but can't speak with lu yan but he understand what she is thinking and by tomorrow morning he spreads news to his family members that shen Zhen told him to get concubine which proves she is a virtuous wife. And his mother and grandma scold him to not to bully his wife by taking concubine and he agrees. He did this all for her reputation so that others wouldn't give her a name of "Jealous wife". After this her 2nd aunt also advice her to take concubine for her husband but she has an ulterior motive. She immediately recommends her niece but shen zhen is not a fool. Lu yan knows of this matter and he goes out to drink with husband of that 2nd aunt's daughter (she is also pregnant) and he takes a beautiful girl back to his home and tells his wife to be virtuous and accept his concubine lol. That cousin of fl returns back to her maiden home to complain to her mother. Lu yan really can't see her being bullied.
    • After lu yan becomes prime minister many official tries to gift a girl to him but they fail everytime. One person goes as far as to find a girl who looks little similar to fl and even ask her to tell her name Zhen'er. Lu yan first gets startled because this same event happened in the past after fl leaves him. Only difference is she was brought by his best friends so that he can Forget fl and that time she also says her name is Zhen'er. Back to the present timline, his startled face makes that official and that prostitute girl mistake his reaction as attraction and tries to get close but he coldly throw her and warn that official to change that name zhen. After he went back to home shen zhen can smell girl's perfume on his outer robe and gets jealous and he explains her. Whenever he goes out for a drink with official or friends, he never forgets to inform his wife. So his friends gets socked by his behavior after his marriage.
    • Lu yan's family likes shen zhen so they agree with their marriage. Queen xu wants to marry her niece to lu yan but lu yan know his past how it happened. So before that month he wants to ask the emperor for a marriage proposal with fl. Shen zhen's father is released from prison after emperor and many minsters in court accepts his draft and plan on how to control a huge flood disaster and emperor gives him the position of 3rd grade official. While fl's father is outside the capital to stop that disaster (this is also his chance to redeem his name as criminal officer), queen xu tries to scheme to give shen zhen to that old prince tang. Plan is that same old "rescue a drowning girl" plan. But lu yan saves her and takes advantage of it to secure their marriage lol. Everyone makes fun of shen zhen and thinks he will take her as concubine or he will be angry by this marriage but lu yan completely shatters their hope as he visits her openly everyday and shows his care for her. Later he ask emperor for an edict for his marriage proposal to shen zhen.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  4. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did their middle sister (Shen Yao) plan any big role in the first or second lifetime?

5. grace246

grace246 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Yao never appeared in the first lifetime as her husband kept her away from Chang'an due to what happened to her family. In the second lifetime, she appeared in the last few chapters when the tributary states visited Chang'an. She had came back for a visit with her husband. She was treated well but she had gone through a lot to get to her current favoured position so she is pretty cynical about her relationship. She still loves her first love.

Aron Dare likes this.
  6. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, so then her first husband didn't really treat her that well then? But she got to be with her first love in their third life right?

7. Lazyhazy

Lazyhazy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No her husband love her and she treats him well with respect but she still loves her 1st love. I don’t remember clearly but I think her husband has many concubines as he is a prince but he loves her so other girls get jealous and tries to kill her many times so she learns martial art from him. In this 2nd life shen yao can’t be with her lover and it was sad ending of her to me but in 3rd life or you can say 2nd life in parallel world shen yao marry her lover(forgot his name, he is ml’s best friend). Here in this life 2nd ml (elder sis lover) recover his past memories and saves eldest sister from drowning before her past scum husband save her. Oh btw it was all that bastard’s plan to marry into rich and noble family. And after that he gets close with shen family. He advise their father not to let his daughter attend the ceremony event(I forgot what event it was), empress was planning to show shen yao to the foreign prince so that he will take her with him and this will prevent marriage between two big family. So, because shen yao don’t attend that event, past catastrophe doesn’t happen and her lover comes to ask her hand in marriage and soon they get married and have a baby.

Gottago likes this.
  8. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the translator drop this project? There hasn't been any updates for a while now.

9. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the Lu family come to accept or like Shen Zhen in the second life?

Also, was there ay extras detailing the emperor and the late empress' relationship? And what happened to the crown prince?

10. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I ended up mlting the ending a bit and oh my gosh Shen Yao and Sui Yu's ending in thee second life is so sad. I honestly feel like a separate book for each of the sibling's stories would be really good like the mistaken marriage series. One story with the focus on Shen Zhen, one story focusing on Shen Ran, one on Shen Yao, and maybe one on Shen Hong. I really wish there was more background on the crown prince. I don't know if I missed anything but there was so little interaction between him and the emperor and so little information about the first empress and the emperor's relationship. Like why didn't the emperor like the empress? How did they get together in the first place? And then like who inherited the thrown after? DId the crown prince really inherit the thrown after the falling of his two brothers? What about his poisoning?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    whiteapparition likes this.
  11. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Another thing I find even more interesting about Shen Yao and Sui Yu's ending in the second life is that since they missed each other, their stories now revolve around other people. Now her story is with Uli and whether he will continue to love her like he does now while his is with his wife and whether they can both move past their old love and open up to each other . Of course the third timeline does give them a happy ending and seeing the life they lead and finally be able to get together is gratifying as well despite their story now being as illustrated in the main story compared to shen zhen and shen yan. And you know what would be really nice to see is su heng's story fleshed out a bit more too. Its sad cause it really just seems like they brought him in cause the lu yan needed a rival for shen zhen's attention and then left him out when shen zhen got together with lu yan. It would be nice to know more about his story.

//spoiler (kind of)//
    Another thing that I find so interesting is that in their first life, shen zhen was actually the one to beg for a second chance which I assumed resulted in their second life together. What's funny is that she isn't the one to retain the memories of their first life, but he is.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    whiteapparition likes this.
  12. Gottago

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened to creativenovel.com? I tried going to read the novel on there but the website seems like it's down. Also, is the translator planning on continuing this novel or is it considered dropped now?

13. Xia Yu

Xia Yu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel not dropped.
    Translator (yours, sincerely) has just been having a shit time. Will get back to translating ASAP.
    For those who care, novel will be adapted into drama this year (don't know when), under the name "Yong'an Meng" (永安梦). Ouyang Nana and Xu Zhengxi will be playing the main roles (have no idea who they are).

14. syj_1182

syj_1182 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading chapter 51 and loved the flow and details in the story. I hope there will be future updates. I am trying to read MTL version, but it is frying my brain.