LCD Chaotic Sword God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saitama, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a typical xianxia novel. 'nuff said

. . . but im going to say more anyway. it gets repetitive as hell, has plot holes the size of the grand canyon and the MC does stupid shit fairly often when it would be easier to do things differently. Its not great, but its something to read when you have nothing else to do. There are worse ones. Look, im not trying to defend this novel but, well, it IS just like any other novel of the same genre. if i drop this one i might as well drop a lot of others too, right?

2. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't dropped it yet, but lack of a good plot is something that angers me, also the chapter are too short, so i read it in stacks... Right now Jian Chen is fighting (killing) and running crazily as always... But i still wont drop it, because it is released daily and is not that bad...

3. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jian Chen... I-I...

4. Fluphy

Fluphy Notsane's Drunk Editor

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly this story picks up around chapter 400

5. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Jian Chen found his best brother in life?! Jian Chen would benefit from having a real bro.

6. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean?

7. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Current chapter, he's healing some random handsome guy. I am hoping he found his best bro 4 lyfe.

8. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Nahhhh, his best bro 4 lyfe is that muscle guy from the academy. Once he gets some proper training he's going to be a damn tank.

9. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Jesus, forgot about him... It's been awhile.

10. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaotic Sword God really shines, I think, in its secondary characters. Jian Chen is already a relatively fully developed person and you watch him make his way through life in a strange world where nothing revolves around him. Whenever someone with a horrid personality appears, so too does someone whom you have some level of respect for. In his family, he had his slightly older brother who bullied him out of jealousy and then his mother who looked after him with love. In the academy you had those "super talented" noble kids who tried to cripple Jian Chen, and then his oldest brother looked after him with a pure heart and the gifted commoner who considered him a brother for life . While traveling, you met the wind element bandit, and you met the guy who dared to use a battle skill to save Jian Chen. In the monster hunting city, you had the clan with the stupid young master who tried to kill Jian Chen, and you had the flame mercenaries who gave their lives for him. In the forest you had that princess girl and the two elders, one who tried to kill him and one who tried to spare him. You met those 6 great clans and the earth saint master who all tried to kill him and steal his belongings, and then you had a tiny village isolated in the middle of nowhere that struggles to survive with only 1 saint, and yet they still saved Jian Chen and fed him without asking anything in return. There are even more characters that've been shown that are just going about their lives as they normally would if Jian Chen did not exist. Jian Chen does stupid things sometimes, but we forget that even though he's really a full grown man inside, he's used to being a tyranical sword master who could kill anyone in the world. He's been brought to a strange world that he doesn't fully understand the culture of, and he's trying to make his way through it with his own attitude brought from his original life. These fleshed-out side characters give the story a transient appeal with you knowing that the places Jian Chen has been will continue to be and will, in time, barely be any different overall for his presence. In a way, it feels as though a ronin was reincarnated in medieval Europe and is going from kingdom to kingdom. I think that's why I like this story so much; the impermanence of the main character. It feels very realistic.

EDIT: On second thought, I probably should have posted this as a review.

11. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol where is the tldr? :p

For how old Jian Chen should be in the story, if we include his other life, he still makes some childish mistakes and the story does have some good character development.

I'm worried about this new character he helped save because everyone else either dies or just gets forgotten. Case in point is Jian Chen is leaving to probably get revenge with those families and leaving this dude to heal. I hope he comes back and reunites to make more character progress but time will tell.

12. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    in the beginning i like it but there's no gal man no gal .....

13. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he's going to die or be forgotten. Making Flame Mercenaries the number 1 merc group seems to be the only established goal for Jian Chen right now besides just getting stronger.

14. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    True. So maybe since he did make him join the flame mercenaries he will show up again.
    Its a good fighting series but yea there isn't any romance and i don't suspect there to be any either from how its going.

15. raven

raven What to type?

Reading List:
    Link
    i like the fighting but if there is no romance,r comedy,r some twists the it's just like dragon ball z with swords,axes and lots of "COURTING DEATH"

16. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    "Courting Death" and others are used very often in these novels. Go to this topic for more discussion: http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/favorite-overused-line-in-xianxia.1147/

Its over 1600+ chapters and counting so I'm going to assume something will change eventually. Can't have him going commando by himself for that long to be the strongest. I don't think romance will be the biggest topic but I can see it happening for awhile, or later. Also a twist has to happen. Hes getting way to strong right now without many real setbacks.

17. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Good session of throat piercing!

Saitama likes this.
  18. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    More throat destruction! That wave is going to be problematic with so many dead.

19. Fluphy

Fluphy Notsane's Drunk Editor

Reading List:
    Link
    dude the throat stab is too op

20. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious, is he out of the woods now? Is he already on his hometown wrecking those who exiled him?