Chinese Chen Yue Zhi Yao (Key of the Sunken Moon)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by SayMrrp, Sep 2, 2020.

1. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Chen Yue Zhi Yao
    Raw Link: See Second Post for options! Previously on: http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/6301/MainIndex/
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/chen-yue-zhi-yao/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: The misunderstandings are hilarious (The MC is a dork), and the story's ideas are fresh! I've never seen anything really like the MC's ability *cough* curse. This is not BL: it's not really romantic. Yet, the relationships are absolutely amusing.
    Description from NU:
    As an ordinary civilian, Fan Tong never thought he’d suddenly wake up in another world and be told that he had died.

To live in this world, Fan Tong must adapt to a new way of life and stop himself from getting killed every other day. In addition, he also has to control his accursed mouth, improve his human relations, and make reliable friends.

“My dad told me that a man should torture his friends well and make them cry.”

“Can I stop being your friend, Fan Tong?”

----------------------------------------------------------=
    Anyways, the novel is underrated. I've been pining for it for years (one of my earliest novels!). Please pick it up because I'm sure there are people waiting for it! The last novel pickup thread is older than 3 months, so I created another one!

Also, the art is cool! Copy 沉月之鑰 and go to Google Images to check it out if ya want.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    Haigi, Yurielle and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  2. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy this novel too! In fact, I’m getting the author’s two new releases coming in this month.

I can’t translate but...
    If you’re looking for ebooks to buy, you can try this:
    Filtered to Ebooks only:
    Books

If you’re okay with physical copy, then you can buy from either of these links:
    Unfiltered version with both physical and ebooks:
    Books
    They both ship internationally. If you’re desperate enough for a physical copy, you could always try to scan the pages and use an OCR app to scan the text onto a word file then run that through a translator...

TaffyGirl13, Yurielle and SayMrrp like this.
  3. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the links! I'm saving money, so maybe in the future. Glad to have the options though! I tried looking before, but I got confused. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  4. CaptainBunny

CaptainBunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can buy it on google books as well.

TaffyGirl13 and SayMrrp like this.
  5. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    The raw have been removed from the site due to copyright. I hope the translation can still continue.

TaffyGirl13 and SayMrrp like this.
  6. Yurielle

Yurielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a complete vietnamese version of Key of the sunken moon online if the chinese raws are too hard to get.

SayMrrp likes this.
  7. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Just want to comment that as someone that has tried the e-book app before, it’s really great~ And definitely much cheaper than paying for international shipping. Though of course, having the physical book is awesome too if you’re not concerned about shipping :p I have one of each and enjoy both forms!

SayMrrp, MikotoP and CaptainBunny like this.
  8. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, so the question would then be how to find a Vietnamese-English translator to pick it up...

SayMrrp likes this.
  9. Haigi

Haigi Skimming Binge Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a hilarious novel~
    I didn't realize the raws were incomplete when I read it a few years ago. No wonder the story was a little choppy. I thought it was my bad MTL comprehension skills. :facepalm::blobjoy:

SayMrrp, Yurielle and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  10. seikyo

seikyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is awesome, I definitely recommend it :D

SayMrrp and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  11. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify, this series has technically been abandoned since GiraffeCorps's last update in Jan 2019. I recently completed translations of the rest of the volume on my site (which are linked to the NU page), but finishing that specific volume was my only intention and I never officially picked it up. You can see my note from my posts below:

Note: I decided to translate V4 on a whim. Unfortunately, I am not officially picking up the series, as it is not something I can currently commit to with my current time and resources. I would be willing to share the Glossary I have to anyone that would like to pick up the series.

So there is no need to wait for the "3 months" or whatever standard per NUF. This series has essentially been dropped for nearly two years now, and there is a dedicated fanbase that is waiting for it to get picked up as soon as possible :)

SayMrrp likes this.
  12. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone's interested in translating the novel, check out the character profiles (at the end of the volumes). They can be found through NU's page. They're hilarious because they're done by the characters themselves.

Fan Tong (MC) describes his fellow characters at the end of the first volume. Mild spoilers, I guess. His is spoiler free though (if you read the novel's summary, you'll get the same info), so here's a preview! It honestly gets funnier when he's describing his pals though.
    The novel's not in 1st person, but the character profiles are!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  13. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    To be more precise, although the novel is technically in 3rd person, the reader frequently hears the MC's thoughts and opinions in 1st person (and the MC has afterwords in his POV after most chapters), so it's a great middle ground that allows the reader to easily understand the MC's perspective throughout the events of the story. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    SayMrrp and Yurielle like this.
  14. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I only recently just started looking at season 2's official artwork (since I haven't started reading the books yet), but omg...it's even more beautiful than the artwork from season 1.

[​IMG]

15. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    So... just to clarify, obtaining the raws wouldn’t honestly be too difficult, it would just take time as one would need to scan the images of the ebook or physical book pages with an OCR app. I think it’s simple enough to do (I’ve done it before for a different series), and maybe those that already have the books would be willing to help out (can even have multiple people contribute to scan everything).

In that case, the raws aren't that major of a concern, as much as just finding someone that's interested in picking this series up assuming they did have the raws. Of course, it’s great if someone that already has the books can pick it up :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    SayMrrp likes this.
  16. Nami Heartfilia

Nami Heartfilia Zhongli is my true love and husband

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: we give free cookies to translators.

Yurielle, SayMrrp and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  17. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Quote from Volume 4 translation! Not a spoiler, but kinda funny.

An example of the MC's magical mouth, haha.

kiara8 and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  18. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    In case anyone was intimidated by the fact that it looks like 21 total volumes left to translate, that's for both seasons combined. Season 1 has a proper ending by itself, so there isn't any immediate pressure to continue onto Season 2, which isn't completed by the author yet anyways. So the main request here is to finish Season 1, which has 7 more main volumes (+ 4 extra volumes).

19. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ebooks are also available on Kobo.
    https://www.kobo.com/us/en/search?q...seriesId=d7c73654-6516-5e72-a51b-7d581a3e6e28
    Above is the link to the US store but you can click the flag on the top and change it to your own country.

With Kobo, you can download the epub with Adobe Digital Editions and use some other program like Calibre to remove the DRM.
    After the DRM has been removed from the epub, you can copy the entire text directly so you won't need to screenshot+OCR.

Yurielle and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  20. aesthetic.chibi

aesthetic.chibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like a good novel. Though, finding a Vietnamese-English translator will be difficult. Also, I'm pretty sure Vietnamese and Chinese are 2 completely different languages. Idk if there's a Vietnamese tag, but it shouldn't be a Chinese tag.