Chill on the tags please

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Veri, May 4, 2018.

1. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Tags are relative to one own understanding of the attributes being used.

You say "OP MC", some people think story with MC that crushes enemies on the spot, others think of MC who has layers of plot armor and only fights enemies a couple of levels over its own, but spends half the novel running away from enemies more OP than itself.
    The proper "OP MC" is the one who crushes enemies on the spot, no excuses.
    The shitty "OP MC" is the one that spends entire chapters worshiping said MC's OPness, but still finds excuses to run away, not use its power, or some other dumb plot moves to lengthen word count.

And that's the problem with some novels. They use ideas that draw in a crowd and drag it around for the entirety of the novel and then just screw it up in the end. It makes no sense from a rational point of view when regarding the novel itself, but it makes perfect sense when regarding the author and their method of publishing said novel.

Yes, some tags are interpreted by readers differently. It's something that can't be fixed since we have different interpretations of language.
    But some tags are wrong because the author themselves deceive readers using popular tropes to draw in a crowd, for popularity and for money.

asriu and runsing like this.
  2. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    The amount of time and effort I think it would take for the modders to not only implement but to oversee a lock on tags would be tall order to ask for. Once again it was just a suggestion and unlike the joined date says I've been using this site for a good amount of time, since WMW started being translated whenever that was, and know how much the system has improved.

It would be nice for some control over tags but that would either take contacting translators to provide info or trusting when someone who says they have read. I myself do not trust the tags I usually read the reviews, find the best and the worst reviews, and try to figure out if the story is worth it from there.

p.s. Do not trust the necromancer tag if you are looking for a necromancer mc. lol