News China Reading (QI' holding company) now worth 10 Billion US $

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by tencent_hater, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Easy, some asset in the form of right of the novels and money extort from translator with books sold.
    And we're not sure of specific number, who know if it's in 1sf.

2. tencent_hater

tencent_hater Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the video, i make a reply on youtube, and again here.

tencent is a shitty company, but it does not means everthing it touch are pure evil

the maker of the video seems mistake a financial service as a game, because tencent owns a lot of games.

basically, if you have a good education, good social behavior (like never went to prison), live in a good neighborhood, you have a better chance to apply for small loan. And if your parent, spouse,or friend has good score (i.e. rich, good education, living in good neighborhood) you will has a better score and therefore a better chance to make loan

life is not fair, if you are rich, you have a better chance to be richer, if you are poor, you will most likely stay poor

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let say 1 out of 10 Chinese Billionaires in Chinese world is a person that actually report their income correctly.

You don't have to say shit to me when you talk about Jack Ma. When there are a shit more serious shit Chinese CCP fucking policies that you don't even want to go to China.

4. radikai

radikai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least you can be happy even if you aren’t THAT rich. But you’ll get nowhere unless you start doing something and stop nitpicking things. Especially one that doesn’t directly affect your life like Tencent and QI IPO.

I’m not saying that they are good people. But just be positive and optimist, that would do better to your mental health and life ;)

lonelytree likes this.
  5. tencent_hater

tencent_hater Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i own some tencent stocks

readerz likes this.
  6. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...
    1. You take my comment overtly at the face value. I blame Poe's law
    2. The videomakers are American/Westerners, mot of them are uncomfortable with anything that seemed to be Big Brother surveillance, in this case, the credit system placed on them (not unlike USA Credit Scores, the obsession which still baffles me as a foreigner until now.). Sesame Credit served as the 'prototype' for China Social Credit System, where on 2020 every Chinese Citizen will have . The expected system that used the user's online behavior (social media, blog, website visited, search words) deemed as too intrusive for their taste.
    3. I won't refute the trap of poverty. Until we can solve this, poor people will still haunt our back unmaintained roads

7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie: Well, they aren't worth that much but Qidian at least appears to be profitable. Unlike Twitter, for example. 2017 Q4 is the first time Twitter is expected to make a profit and yet Twitter is worth billions.

8. radikai

radikai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You talk shit abt Tencent and create id with Tencent_hater as name but own some Tencent stock...?

If you aren’t joking, then I dont know anymore.

9. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah he is pulling a Poe's Law

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't get to be a billionaire by faking your income. I too can fake my income and put it as 10 billions USD per month. Do you think I'll get the billionaire status immediately? Have you ever heard of auditors? Sites like Forbes would use their own people to do the job. These people would be verified their status by various sources whether or not they are billionaires. C'mon, stop being childish. You'd be laughed at by the 1% if you try to fake your own net worth.

11. gaianova

gaianova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese Reading doesn't just consist of Qidian International, Qidian itself is a huge entity in China. If even top Chinese authors (TJSS etc) could earn millions a year, I don't see how they can't earn 50 million a year, going by your calculations. You did so much research on the IPO but you still can overlook this?

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ok.png
    The Tencent unit sells electronic books in a model similar to Amazon.com Inc.’s Kindle Store, which offers different titles in China than in the U.S. and elsewhere. China Literature had 9.6 million works and 6.4 million writers as of June 30, according to its prospectus. Customers can pay for an entire book at once, or buy a few chapters at a cheaper price before determining whether to keep reading.
    vanilla huh.png so on china it;s like that?

13. Mizura

Mizura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

... um, I know you have no way of knowing this but, Google Store is blocked in China, so you can't use Android statistics.

All Chinese download their apps from a number of other sources (a bunch of Chinese app storefronts, or direct .apk downloads).

14. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of what @tencent_hater is missing is that net worth, particularly for businesses, involves the perceived value for a business.

It’s not just an asset and revenue calculation.

A company that is speculated to grow will have an immensely greater value than a company that equal in size but stagnant. This is the reason why many tech companies have very valuable stocks enough the companies themselves have never turned a profit.

This is, mind you, speculation though.

readerz likes this.
  15. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    holy shit this is the best shitpost i've read so far on this site

16. cequ

cequ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Net worth = Valuation = Market cap is the value of the company in the stock exchange.

If a company have 1 million shares and the stock price is $100 per share, the company net worth / market cap is $100 million (1 mil shares x $100).

Did a little research on China Literature market cap
    https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/772:HK

SHARES OUTSTANDING (M)

STOCK PRICE
    106.40HKD

MARKET CAP (B HKD)

Market Cap = Stock Price x Number of Share Outstandings

So the company China Literature (according to the stock market) is worth 96.443 billion Hong Kong Dollars.
    At the current exchange rate, it's $12.37 billion USD. It will go up and down according to the stock price

If the company perform poorly, the stock price will go down and the market cap will go down and vice versa.

17. cequ

cequ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two important stats for a company are Revenue and Profits.

According to this video

first 6 months of 2017: $290 million USD in revenue (up 93% from the first 6 months of last year)
    first 6 months of 2017: $33 million USD in operating profit

For the full 12 months of 2017, revenue might be more than $700 million USD. Could be more. Could be less.

readerz likes this.
  18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Heeeey $290 million USD in revenue sounds very impressive but how much did they spend? I mean, if they spent $800m and got $290m, it's kinda not good...

edit: Oops I read too fast and didn't see you posted the profit, too. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.