Discussion Chinese anime taking over Japanese anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point, but eventually if Donghua become successful, they will replace anime with the same stalemate.

But this is not the point of the thread, as what I really want to convey is how to break the current stalemate and give growth to other theme than the current Japanese anime have.

2. Airlol

Airlol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In another 100 year maybe. For now no.
    Not to say bad thing about China animation, but their Dong Hua to focus to fight than a story and we can see that their art style more like an copy from each Dong Hua.
    Not like Japan anime that had difference art and plot for each season though is boring sometimes. Japan anime at least had 1/4 anime that good for each season. But Dong Hua, let me say this first, it's will never will be make to the end and many plot will be lost.
    Of course it will never end, the novel chapter is more than 3000+, it's only will use 100+ chapter or 50+ only to make 1 season. And that 100+ chapter novel, Dong Hua maybe use only 20% material of the novel. But for anime at least only 50+ chapter only to make season 1 and the material their use is more than 50%.
    But that don't mean Dong Hua is hopeless. It's at least not an 100% copycat of Anime. That make we can had more variances Animation to see in future.
    Nothing more to say. I forget what I want to say. .. . . . .

3. LazyThing9000

LazyThing9000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't hear you over the sound of these Korean manhwa's getting adapted, sorry.

You guys ought to look up Tower of God, it's worth it.

4. acolyte

acolyte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop consuming the current theme. It's always the struggle of product cycle. Same with technology.

Depending on the state of the society, some are easier to consume than others at certain times. Popularity of isekai can be attributed to middle aged and younger crowd, not comfortable with their daily life and imagining themselves in alternate realities with current convenience, armed with knowledge above others.

The early isekais were limited in popularity - El Hazard, Dual Parallel, Now and Then Here and There, Evangelion.

Now it's just in a form that's easy to consume. It's unlike wuxia which is just immortal (pun unintended)

5. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    If the state of anime is GOOD for current generation of viewers in Japan it will continue being "stale" for folks that have watched too much of anime. Also growing up and losing interest in anime(so it feels stale) is a thing too.

6. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    despite chinese animation improving a lot in the recent year or two. they are not ready

ne zha was an amazing animated movie. but that was a movie

7. acolyte

Reading List:
    Link
    Also coming back to anime is a thing too. I think my anime watching can be broken up into 4 periods (early primary sch, middle school, college, stable job). Now I'm kinda on break again.

Different themes interest me as well in each period.

Green Apple and ali3rd like this.
  8. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    And how tf can japan still watch that half-assed Isekai anime produced? Even the past Isekai is not this bad with like "we need to make isekai anime just because Isekai is a stable theme and let's not bother about the budget proportion and the quality produced"
    Donghua movie is so good, Dragon nest adaptation and Ne Zha surely stand out

and did Ne Zha already out online?

9. acolyte

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a lot of half assed anime over the years, that even destroys the image of the original due to the rushed time and low budget, just because they think it can make quick bucks.

A lot of it got forgotten through time, but this is a seasonal issue. Only the best ones get remembered. Same thing with sitcoms and TV series. Sometimes you just have to make money instead of perfection.

EDIT: again, blame consumers too for supporting it. It's all survival of the fittest.

ali3rd likes this.
  10. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
  11. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So long as there are studios willing to animate decent stories then japanese anime will always be popular. (One punch man, overlord).

It's really hard to find any mainstream anime without fanservice. It almost always turns me off anime, finding a good mc anime with a decent plot but they always have to have female characters that have pink hairs/ blue hairs /red hairs with big boobs, its so trashy unless ofcourse the anime itself was ecchi in the first place like (DXD highschool).

also shounen, love hate relationship, on one hand there are good shounen anime, on the other hand, there are really bad ones where logic is void and friendship speeches makes you god, also unnecessary fanservice. It's so cringey. Watching them makes me wonder if i am also cringey so i don't watch them.

12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    The Chinese can't animate, their perspectives are screwed up, the actions are exaggerated, too much useless moves that defies all known physics, and they can't even draw walking properly.

Orororos, Ai chan, ADABANA and 4 others like this.
  13. Madoqua

Madoqua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for next season of adorable food goddess (donghua) the animation is so beautiful and makes me extremely hungry:blob_teary:

14. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do get your points but you're ignoring another factor. If the Japanese get more competitions, the highers up & bosses would force its artists & employees to work in worse conditions/payment than they already are.

I'd welcome some competition but after the anime industry & manga industry work out a way for them to provide better work environments.

Edit: I also think communist China with their massive workforce but the ethical issues would have to make its artist/employees work in horrifying environments to compete. Unless China pays its employees/artist more, give a better environment to compete with Japan... that way, Japan would be forced to do that too.

Fluffy Jellyfish likes this.
  15. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    doubtful, their government gonna butt in and start censoring other stuff, ecchi and now supernatural... and who knows when they will strike again.

like they are already too strict on their webnovels, so can't imagine how much they will do on their anime

ali3rd likes this.
  16. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I said to cooperate with a Japanese Studio first if China studio itself can't done it the same or even better.
    Competition is always giving a room for growth. Maybe competition can make the Japanese think again with how the Isekai theme is currently developing? If Chinese can pay Japanese studio better than the Japanese itself, why don't they just work for other people?

I remember that Japanese people are nationalistic like the Chinese though.

17. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the one that will take over is korean animation. They have the charm from jpn animation and improved them with k-drama story.

18. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    no idea. don't care.
    i went to watch it in cinema

19. acolyte

Reading List:
    Link
    Censor anything that can make you want to go against the government.

Narberal likes this.
  20. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    K-drama? aside from the game and power level system, the manhwa I encounter are mostly about cheating and adultery

Holy shit, their manhwa theme is totally fucked up

ali3rd likes this.