Discussion Chinese anime taking over Japanese anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well chinese manhua and webnovels don't have a lot of variety... It's less than japanese since making manhua and webnovels aren't super popular like it is in Japan. In addition the china government limits puts a lot of restrictions on what can and cannot be publicized. So probably not.

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the Eng. dub version of "Astra", our lead guy is voiced by Josh Grelle (gree-lee). He is typecast in a lot of harem anime, including several titles that are are light novel-based!

kenar and Ai chan like this.
  3. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In japan you may depict skeletons. In china you may not. Hence why wow forsaken are frankenstein rather than undead.

4. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unchecked capitalism does the same and worse. The point here is: Unchecked. There is little unckecked capitalism on the planet. Also, China is more capitalist than communist in many regards, else its economy would still be in the gutter. A score system is as capitalistic as it gets.
    Actually... China takes the bad things of communism, throws in unhinged capitalism, and creates a pretty nasty soup out of it.

The expression isn't even the issue. And most LN adaptions suck anyway. The chinese source material is completely lacking. Lets start by nuking half the base since its cultivation. And that is something i consider sucky by default. Even slightly less garbage ones like throne of primordial blood waltzes in several traps which REALLY hurt the quality. And ofc the bottom fodder like ATG, MGA and AST is not even debateable.

Sabruness and Ai chan like this.
  5. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Koreans have a better chance in my opinion.....

6. Sabruness

Sabruness [Goddess Shigure-Sama Religion's Founder-Pope]

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think chinese anime (by which i mean completely chinese) will ever be able to surpass japanese anime, flawed as it is. the relatively few chinese anime i've watched just werent worth it.
    JP anime has some horrible adaptations but they're functionally better, generally, than most if not all CN anime adaptations.

7. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be very difficult for the Chinese anime/animation market in Japan to surpass Japanese animation in Japan. Sure, you might occasionally get that surprise Chinese animation hit that generates more merchandise and disc sales than some Japanese animations. Also, the anti-Chinese sentiments in Japan and vice versa could be partial factors. Now, in terms of Chinese animation having a stronger market in China than Japanese animation has in China, that is a valid question. Going with that angle, I think since China has a lot bigger of a population (over 1.25 billion more) and because the Chinese yuan is more valuable than the Japanese yen, I would say Japanese anime has or could have some strong competition in China!

8. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    someone tried to analyze it, you can click it here