Chinese glorification in CN novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by An Anime Addict, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relhak

Relhak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe you, but yet, a tiny voice still tells me that Chinese people aren't all that modest as you might think. Take ADVChina, a YouTube channel featuring a pair of dudes who live and work in China. They have an episode about the disconnect about how the Chinese government tries to portray a clean and cultured society, but when you walk the streets you see "massage parlours", scantily clad women, and hookers. Watch the video here where they talk about China's sexuality and their perspective on it:

2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not syaing all Chiense people are modest and that the government doesn't strive to promote an image using media. All countries do that and it is predictable since it is the government of China. What I am saying is just to counter what I previously replied. You mentioned that authors would just have to follow a certain writing formula, and I quote " would have a little more freedom to write about some juicy boob". I showed you that it is censored as well. implying those who create media or materials like that are not given a pass. not that I approve what they are doing.

mir likes this.
  3. Relhak

Relhak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah right, gotcha. Then I misunderstood you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.