Discussion Chinese Racism in Modern Day novel's!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Denizen, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenasora

Xenasora 「Togepi Clan Leader」「RuneWeaver」「Enchant Crafter」

Reading List:
    Link
    A seriously large amount of Chinese ppl hated Mao Ze Dong, in fact my own family does! But lots of people hate the Japanese more because of the War and the fact that the communist party came to power. I'm not saying all Chinese hate Japanese (I definitely don't, I love anime and JP novels :)) or hate Mao Ze Dong, but a lot of people do.

2. Kagamiya

Kagamiya I Wish to be Reincarnated

Reading List:
    Link
    The history is Chinese dynasties always treated Japanese as barbarian, tributary state and pirates. So, when there were Sino-Japan war in 19th century, in resulting defeats of Qing Dynasty that it feels like Chinese was thrown a bucket of ice and the following several conflict like Boxer Rebellion, Manchukuo annexation etc. what's with Dainippon Teikoku Guntai atrocities, thus caused the Chinese feels inferiority complex to Japan. Hence even in Southeast-Asia, Imperial Army are using both natives and chinese as slave of war.

Infinity Sword likes this.
  3. Kagamiya

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one do you hate CPC or Kuomintang?

4. Xenasora

Reading List:
    Link
    Gnatnimouk si ni nawiat, ton anihc, Maf nud yllaer etah CPC

5. Xenasora

Reading List:
    Link
    Dare to talk backwards, but I said, doesn't Kuomintang only exist in Taiwan? I'll admit that I haven't really kept up with politics -.-

6. Kagamiya

Reading List:
    Link
    I see

7. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link

How many tons of korean novels did you read?
    How many tons of chinese novels that were filled with racism?

Lessen that bias, ok?

MadHatter likes this.
  8. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a lot of nonsense you're spouting there. Koreans have anti-japanese novels as mush as Japanese have anti-korean novels. Just because you didn't read them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Japanese_sentiment_in_Korea

Japanese have a literature genre called "kenchū-zōkan", which means “dislike China, hate South Korea".
    http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...al/media-complicit-in-normalizing-xenophobia/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  9. Lyase

Lyase Caelum Codex

Reading List:
    Link
    Hong kong and taiwan hate china, considering they are the same race. China should deeply thinking what they are doing wrong. (fake food, backstabbing assholes,censoring etc...)

I havent read a decent xianxia/xuanhuan novel in my life. They are just like cheap chinese products(with many copies and rip off) to me.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  10. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    I can tolerate patriotism in novels, but shit like ridicule other nations, nope. Those novels are products of China's brainwash.

11. ieatdurians

ieatdurians Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many reasons why the Chinese and the Japanese don't get along. Most of the younger generations don't really care about the politics behind it but just regurgitate what they have heard and learned from the older generations who DO have a grudge and hold animosity towards the Japanese.

One big reason was the horrid invasion of China by the Japanese during WWII. It is well documented of the atrocities committed by the Japanese against the Chinese CIVILIANS. Wiki Rape of Nanking.

If there is one thing the Chinese hate more. It is the traitors who sold their country out to Japan. You'll see a lot of slurs for traitors in Chinese novels for being a Jap-Dog Slave.

The main reason is politics.
    Japan refuse to acknowledge the atrocities committed by their side as a war crime. They officially write and teach in their textbook that they simply killed x amount of military rebels in Nanking. They also deny that they used the Chinese and Korean women as comfort women for their soldiers. To this day there are protesters in front of Japan's embassy. Not a single direct apology.

Take this into context.

Japan refuse to acknowledge officially that the Rape of Nanking was their fault and blames china for exaggerating the death toll. Their textbooks never even mention it except for one sentence detailing their death count of that military zone heavily under reported.

Some of their government officials even made statements saying the Rape of Nanking never happened.

That's like telling the Jewish People the Holocaust was a lie that the Jews made up and everyone who had died was a military personnel and only 1/4 of the reported numbers were true.

Another thing is that the Japanese deny deny deny deny by giving speeches each year basically saying "yeah. Bad things happened in the war but that was years ago. It is not our fault anymore, this is a problem for the previous generation. Please stop blaming us for old issues."

The problem is that the prime minister who leads the right wing political party, is directly related to one of the war general who had invaded China and the same political party is in place.

too much info to type. Basically Japan raped the SHIT out of China as a country and denied the worst of it to this day.

If only the Japanese government would step up and apologize directly, a lot of the grudges would fade. They think Japan's political attitude is cowardly and this trickle down to it's citizens.

Stuff like that.

Plus you have the Japanese backed by the US as a deterrent looking to stabilize the US's military influence over China.

Japan knows it could get away with a lot of things, including atagonizing China whenever they can because they know China can't do anything to them Military wise.

As a result of WWII. Japan cannot legally have a standing army used for offensive purposes. This means they can only purchase and use technology meant for self defense, hence the JSDF. Japanese self defense force.

The list just goes on and on.

asriu and Demonic Reader lv 451F like this.
  12. ieatdurians

ieatdurians Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't agree to the inferiority complex part. The problem is The current Japanese government's stance toward what their war crime.

The Japanese weren't better, just more savage and brutal and inhumane during wartime.

13. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    I did say webnovels specifically, and I'm speaking with what's translated on this site as evidence. I also said there ARE racists. Please read what's written, not what you want to see.

14. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm .. hmm .. almost like Japanese's verse about Nanging Incident.

How many tons of korean webnovels did you have read?

15. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read 18 Korean webnovels that have their translations updated on this site.
    I've also read most of the popular chinese translated webnovels, which I admit is a lot more. Notable examples of racism in those that I think about off the top of my head are OEM, whose author I hear has a bit of it in each of his novels, and IRaS. OEM and its author is relatively popular, and IRaS is pretty popular too.
    Thus even if the sample size is unreliable, that's why I get the impression that they're being strangely racist, when I haven't seen racism in any of the korean webnovels regardless of popularity

16. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh. so ugly.

Arcturus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.