Discussion Choose what medieval audience watches

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Medieval peasants and nobles will understand the language even if you choose multilingual movies. It's magic!
    You must choose somewhat historical movies from oldest to newest.
    Make a list of 7 ... or 12 I don't care, series will count as one movie.

I've forgotten many great historical movies so I'll go with more fun ones but not straight out comedies or dramas which these people wouldn't understand.

1. 300
    2. The Gladiator
    3. Braveheart
    4. Lord of The Rings
    5. Pirates of The Carribean I II III
    6. The Last Samurai
    7. Titanic
    8. Captain America ALL
    9. Iron Man I
    10. Thor I & III
    11. Avengers I & III
    12. Star Wars I II III Rogue One IV V VI, the rest doesn't exist

This is not pick a movie from my list, it's make your own damn list.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  2. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of this video

3. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a poll? :blobpeek:

#5 & #7 are quite nice~

Alixiron likes this.
  4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean, to pick just one of my 12 movies?
    Hmm I think it's better after we get a couple of pages of comments here that I include everyone's movies.

5. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, okay~ Can you include Monty Python and the Holy Grail too? :cookie:

6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Make your own list :p

Lissi likes this.
  7. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. 300
    4. Lord of The Rings
    6. The Last Samurai
    9. Iron Man
    If you ask me I would make them watch Alien and tell them, those creatures live amongst them like vampires, imagine the myth that will start XD
    You can make friends at gym by offering someone some help
    [​IMG]
    And find a nice topic to talk about, that is pretty much it XD

8. Lissi

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much work :blobcry:

My list has a grand total of 1 movie...
    :blobpopcorn_cool:

Jojo775 likes this.
  9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then add Alien to yours, why are you picking movies from my list?

Well they are already two and I'm not into strength training nor do I need someone to spot me if I do ocasionally bench press.
    As for advice, it's actually against the guidelines to offer unsolicited advice. You may be talking nonsense, it may be unwanted, it may lead to injury, they may know better than you, you may just embarrass yourself by sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I need to pick from that list, got used to polls I guess, I will think about one but yes aliens will be in it XD
    You not into bench press, that is understandable but what do you mean giving advice? are you a professional body builder, what are you talking about :blobunsure:? don't give any advice if you don't know what you are talking about, yes that is asking for trouble XD
    I said offer a helping hand to someone doing some heavy weight lifting, lots of people bench pressing would appreciate someone spotting them, and in return they can help you as well, that is it XD

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    It's somewhat common, that's why there's a guideline against it, after all in this gym you get one session with the coach when you join so if you didn't know how to exercise, then you will.
    Anyway way back I didn't really know, I just assumed I did, some guys helped, others were just noisy and talked nonsense.
    So after I got a coach and I saw some people doing it wrong I couldn't resist, I helped but one of them knew what he was doing, he was just doing it differently so now I don't bother anyone.
    Well I guess if someone was doing it really bad in a way that would cause injury I'd help.

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  12. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    So, if I got you right, you trained with the coach and learned your basic exerices then some day you felt pity for someone else because you thought they were training wrong so you went and told them how to do it... bro I am surprised you didn't get punched or hit messing with someone else's training XD
    Here is a little story of mine as well, it happened some years ago you see, so I went to the gym, after some light exercices to warm up I went to do some weights training, I took a corner, looked at my reflection in the mirror and started working out, then comes this dude and just by the way he walked and the way he carried himself (literally puffing his chest and somehow showing his muscles while he walked), I thought this guy is a show off so I didn't bother with him, moments later I could hear the sounds of weights he is using, dude was lifting too much for his body and anybody could tell he was a show off, so again I ignored him even though I could hear his heavy breathing, some minutes later, all I heard a bang and something falling, I could tell the source of the noise, I turned to find that his head was injured and maybe his skull cracked, blood was running, flowing and falling and leaving puddles literally, I was kind of shocked tbh it was first time seeing something like that happen despite me myself getting my fair share of accidents too but nothing like that, fortunately, a friend of his came and took him out, as for me, I am kind of blaming myself and even got blamed by someone else there telling me I should've helped, so yeah, don't give advice but help when you feel something is off, of course don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong nor bite off more than you can chew but there is no harm in a friendly interaction in the gym XD

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2021
  13. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Game of Thrones...
    2. Vikings
    3. Witcher
    4. Spartacus
    5. A Knights' Tale
    6. Army of Darkness
    7. Berserk (anime)
    8. The 13th Warrior
    9. Robin Hood Men in Tights
    10. The Pillars of the Earth
    11. The Musketeers
    12. Outcast
    No really all medieval or in order but these would be my choices, after all I doubt Star Wars really suits your own criteria....

Jojo775 likes this.
  14. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    No Kevin Costner Hood?
    I hope you didn't include Berserk CGI, there is not enough hate in the world for it.
    Well SW is progression and they would relate to fantasy aspects of it, it's not a serious list.

Oh and thanks and congratulations on being the only one who properly participated in the thread.

15. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

Just to watch them cringe at it ... Especially want to know what the real Greeks, Romans and Spartans think of it....

16. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to include Men in Tights since most of the others are serious ones, lack of comedy in life makes everything dull...