Discussion Choose wisely, young Jedi . . .

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wobbly, Nov 13, 2017.

?

What’d you choose?

1. Internet

27.3%
  2. Family

24.7%
  3. Friends

36.4%
  4. Sense of ___

49.4%
  5. Sex

40.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wobbly

Wobbly [Unstabbable][He Who Courts Death][Whimsical]

Reading List:
    Link
    In front of you are five choices. You must give up two. What do you give up and why?

Internet This means you will lose interest in the internet, not access to the internet. You might have times where you are forced to use it, but I’m consideration of your free time, you will not consider using the internet. This category includes everything that falls under ‘entertainment’ that is found on the internet.

Sense of ____ You will give up one of your senses. In the case of where you give up your sense of sight, you will be blind, sense of hearing—deafness, etc.

Family This means you will slowly drift from your direct family, not including your partner or children. Distance problems will appear and communication will become infrequent. You are not barred from contact, but you will not think of inviting them onto family vacations and the such. You will not lose any memories, but you will think about your family less and less.

Friends This refers to the relationships between you and your friends slowly eroding through time till you forget each other. In the end you will have no friends and only ‘aquantices’. You are not disregarding the relationship or cutting ties. Merely, you will never experience feelings of camaraderie.

Sex You will become either impotent or barren, depending on your gender. You can still love, but will be unable to be sexually aroused. You will be unable to have biological children.

2. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, seems like I'm already retaining just Internet and senses, and even Internet barely. :)

Azure likes this.
  3. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Sex obviously, why would I need something I will never use?

4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Give up my sense of smell and sex. I'll never have someone I'll love to have sex with them and smell because I'll probably lose it doing chemistry

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Friends and sense of smell.

The latter is the easiest to explain: I grew up with pretty bad allergies. My nose was always stuffy or runny or sneezy, you name it. Using it for delicate tasks like, idk, smelling stuff? Fuck nah, brah. .. Even today, smelling this isn't my strong suit. Sure there are plenty of scents I enjoy.. The smell of garlic bread coming from the kitchen usually means someone is cooking spaghetti, which I love. Strong smells like that - the garlic - get through pretty well. Overall, though, I think it's my least used sense and the one I'd miss the least.

There is some concern it might change my taste for food, though... Oh well.

For friends, and this sort of goes for family, too, I don't think it's particularly troublesome to maintain infrequent communication, distance and more of an acquaintance vibe. Rather, that pretty much describes anyone you regularly hang out with over the internet, lmao. Since I'm not the type to go to parties or invite my pals over for football games on tv every other night, I doubt it'd trouble me much. For family, in that sense, I've never been the type that, say, eats dinner at the kitchen table. .. and since my dad retired and moved to another state, at most I text him every now and then or call to see how he's doing. I'd hardly expect our relationship to be affected by this... so.. nothing lost!?

So I could also go Friends and Family if I decide sense of smell is important. :hmm:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Friends and Sense of X.

Was choice between Friends and Family, as I don't really care about the ties of either anyway; honestly could have just done them both.

Sense is a harder one, I don't want to give up hearing or sight because those are pretty important. Touch makes a lot of things better. I think it's a tough choice between Taste and Pain.
    What kind of senses are we restricted to? Like can I give up my Sense of Height or Sense of Speed? Or is it just the core 5 Taste/Touch/Smell/Sight/Hearing?
    Pain, if that's not an option then Taste. My taste palette is already shit so it would probably actually improve my eating options.

7. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose family because of reasons

I choose sense of smell,because Ithat's the sense that I least need

8. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    friends and family, because fuck em

9. I R Manbear

I R Manbear [Bamboo Warrior] [Chill Bear] [Bruh Perpetuator]

Reading List:
    Link
    To OP: Boy, you must be outside your mind if you think a Nuffian would choose to give up internet. Look at the answers so far. People would be willing to give up one of their senses.

10. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sex and smell.
    Whilst I'll be sad about losing out over the taste of food, I don't particularly care about my sense of smell in my everyday life.
    Sex, because I've never even felt attracted to anyone, let alone gone out with anyone.

11. DreadLord

DreadLord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sex- So I never ruled by lust or have children.
    Friends- There no such thing as most so called friendships will end as soon as possible.

12. Tnyhy

Tnyhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im wondering who insane ones voted internet.

13. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    and what are the benefits?

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose Friends and Internet.
    I don’t really have any friends.
    And lastly Internet. I would miss it, but I would miss the others more.

15. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    my sense of shame and family friends dun need no shame or family friends:blobunamused::blobunamused:

16. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Friends and family since im a wanna be a complete neet :p

17. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Internet and friends. There's still games (aside from online) and I don't do much that is entertaining on the internet aside from lurk Imgur. Not being interested in the internet will get me to do other things, things that are more constructive. Friends because I've already lost touch with many friends, and since I'm older than everyone in university I don't feel any friendship between them either.

18. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sense of taste just so I can be less of a picky eater and family just cause I'm already quite distant from them

19. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Losing either internet or one senses is not big deal to me.. It's just sex is not that quite fun.

20. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    Family - because I don't feel anything of them after my mother died, everything is different after her death~ I can see them not care about me, and they just see me like someone who replacing my mother work[labor] duty~

Friend - because they all betray me, they just got close to me when I'm still high but now I'm down they didn't even take glance at me~