Chrome OS missing or damaged

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by chekanalia, Nov 19, 2019.

1. chekanalia

chekanalia Daolord Dreadful Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    My chromebook crashed and I got this message. I have tried using the recovery tool and even tried different usb's. Nada....I tried a whole bunch of stuff off of the reviews section on google but still no dice. I NEED a fix that won't end up costing the same as getting a new chromebook.

2. hajiko

hajiko m(_._)m

Reading List:
    Link
    as I dont use a chromebook I don't know the exact problem but it sounds like that you hard drive is near dead, so if it like other computers One option could be transfering the data on a new hard drive or buy anew harddrive and installing the OS on it and transfering all the important data on the new one.

3. AntsCool

AntsCool Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried activating then deactivating Dev mode? The only problem with this is that it will delete all local data but a chrome book I was fixing had a similar issue that I solved by doing that

Key combo for dev mode escape + refresh + power then when in recovery control + D then enter twice

4. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like either your boot sector got corrupted or your hard disk have failed/got a lot of bad sectors. Not sure how to fix this in chrome os, but perhaps making a live usb with knoppix is a good start