Chronicles of planar wars.

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Daresan, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Continue if you have a reason to continue, stop if you have no reason to continue. Writing isn't as easy as receiving encouragement to write something you don't believe in.
    My point is: believe in yourself and focus on writing one chapter at a time, don't bother about review or viewers when you're writing the first manuscript. Schedule and planning do help though.

3. Dreamscape1599

Dreamscape1599 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning is okay but the lack of punctuation makes me frown. Chapters that do not feel good, well, aren't that good. The story in itself is okay but it's neither great or bad (just like in any novels). But the punctuation and inconsistent formatting make it hard to give it a 4/10. Try editing your first chapter so that the reader feels to continue your works.

Anyway, if you're happy, all the power to you. I have also started writing because it felt fun. But studies have roadblocks to me...

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is good, can be better but it is good

Daresan likes this.
  5. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Punctuation?? I don't think i have missed any. Can you tell me where i have missed? I did re-read it multiple times but i am still not able to find it. Can you help me?

6. Dreamscape1599

Dreamscape1599 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sky was dark, With clouds hovering above the horizon the overall atmosphere of the town was gloomy" lacks many things.
    Can be reconstructed as "The sky was dark, with clouds hovering above the horizon as the overall atmosphere of the town became gloomy."

"So, He pinched his hand very hard but nothing happened." Pay more attention to punctuation.

" What is your name?..... of course it is han xin. Where do you work..... Some bs corporation in Guandu. And now Where are you?..... damnn I don't know. I was just sitting on my couch while watching tv and fell asleep due to exhaustion. That's the last thing I remember. It's very weird talking to myself but this kind of situation is very vexing, I need to calm down and think properly".
    It seems to be written on a smartphone or in texting. Try to work something out.

etc.

If you aren't sure, use Grammarly, it will bring your chapter to another level.

7. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    Grammar needs a lot of work. But don't despair, even the best had to start somewhere.

8. Daresan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I did use another software on pc which did not point out the mistakes but now i used grammerly on android and it did point out lots of mistake. Next chapter i will use both before uploading.

9. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are no real rules but setting the atmosphere instead starting with a character doing something in an atmosphere annoys some people. By that I mean people rarely care about a town unless it's the focus of multiple stories, like Gotham.

It's not until paragraph 4 and 5 you get to someone that people might care about.

Other than that it's kind of standard, which can be good(helps identify it for people wanting more of that type), and bad (nothing that different so far from many others).

10. Saorihirai

Saorihirai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The grammar needs a lot of work. Are you a native speaker? This seems to include a lot of basic grammar issues that are usually addressed in elementary English classes, but if you are not a native speaker I would recommend to start strengthening your foundation on the English language instead of relying on grammar apps. Take a class, or read a grammar textbook, watch some videos or something idk. But using grammar apps won't help you out in the long run, and plus they are not always reliable. And don't fret, practice will make will you better.