Chinese City of Desperate Love (Hua Xu Yin)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by bibi, Sep 18, 2017.

1. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: City of Desperate Love
    Raw Link:
    http://book.kanunu.org/files/yqxs/201103/1863.html
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/hua-xu-yin/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    extremely popular in china. For some reason, no one decided to continue the translation.
    It is one of the novels that is expected to exist an English translation.

Description:
    A fallen kingdom’s princess Ye Zhen relied on the jiao-zhu to come back to life, wandering among the 9 states, with the guidance of melodies, weaved dreams for others. There are those who are able to achieve their desires, and those who forfil their dreams, and as for the bitterness of reality, they have been softly erased. Music pieces created by illusion, life death, flesh and bones, she is the only God in the illusion, controlling life and death, yet unable to hold onto her own happiness. One and again a chance meeting with the prince of the opponent country, identities weighty on both sides, fate is also heavy on both sides. In the end was it a chance meeting of fate, or the teasing of destiny?

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Aizelf

Aizelf 『....』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do chinese descriptions have to be so sophisticated? &_&

pinkrainmi likes this.
  3. Delusional

Delusional Unmotivated, Lazy, and etc.

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know if the actual publisher is related to Qidian?
    I recommend paying a translator to translate it. Or at the very least try getting a quote. You won't be so surprised as to why it was not picked up.
    Knowledge is amazing

pinkrainmi likes this.
  5. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    It was dropped because the author is notorious for plagiarism and now most translators(not mtl) are unwilling to translate her books. Hamster was always the best shot of hq, completed translations of Tang Qi books so....:blobexpressionless:

There may be someone who might. But don't bet on it. It's been resting for year(s) in the dust now.

6. xchronicles

xchronicles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Hua Xu Yin
    Raw Link:
    https://www.sto.cx/mbook-41726-1.html
    NU Link:https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hua-xu-yin/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I like it, maybe you’ll like it too. Unique story for me. +Drama +Ancient Times +Female Protagonist

The princess came back to life as a ‘weaver of dreams’. Clients would hire them to create the ideal, perfect and free of regrets life for them even if it’s only in a dream.
    Mostly done by the dying so they could die peacefully with no regrets. (Well that’s the first story)

Description:

Once upon a time, in a fallen kingdom, Princess Ye Zhen relied on the jiao-zhu to come back to life. She wandering among the 9 states with the guidance of melodies and weaved dreams for others. There are those who are able to achieve their desires, and those who forfeit their dreams in the face of the bitterness of reality, softly erased.

Creating music from illusion, life and death, flesh and bones, she is the only God of Illusion, reigning over life and death, and yet, she unable to hold onto her own happiness. One again, a chance meeting with the prince of the opposing country, their identities weighing on both sides, fate is heavy. In the end was it a meeting of fate, or the teasing of destiny?

————

First time posting for a pick up request, I wonder if I did it right? Hmm
    Anw I don’t think I did the Why It Should Get Picked Up a justice so anyone could add bits of their thougts about the novel lol

7. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for the ending?

8. Gottago

Gottago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers for the ending?