CKTalon is BETRAYED!!!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kasuka, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. It is going to take them a very long time of being in the green to make up for their initial investment in this venture and the expensive lackluster start in the market.

I think at this point the either just started being in the green or they are close to it.
    Not that I know but based on them moving forward with a paywall I think it is likely the have reached an internal revenue goal incentivizing them to move forward with the paywall. Either way it will take them many years to make up all the lost revenue from their poor PR let alone the initial investment which I assume to be quite a substantial amount.

Anyways. That last paragraph of yours was great.

2. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should had hire me to be their PR. I would had just make sure no one else could log onto the QI account to post anything and they would had better PR right now and I have some easy money =P

Well I think they will start to find ways to get everyone to move to SS rev share rather than flat pay, I know they love it if they could just make everyone do SS but that would probably cause a majority of their translators to quit which would look terrible lol. Honestly idk what they can do coz to me its such a shitty situation. You're bleeding money because you're paying all these translators (many terrible and just leeching off QI coz QI has zero quality control. Not on bad translators but bad editors too). The best course of action is to make everyone go SS so its more a rev share thus ease the burden. However its not possible because they have SO many unpopular novel where translators can't sustain themselves at all on pure SS. If they force SS then all of them quit and QI suddenly lost a ton of translator. While it would be better for their number its a huge public image hit they can't take.

Then you have the fact chinese novels are long as shit so those novels will take a LONG time and lot of money to finish and maybe never make that cost back.

Dydreamr, bookwormer and Viola like this.
  3. bookwormer

bookwormer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMEGALUL. I didin't even have to respond to prove the Qidian fanboi wrong. I won't quote you or @ you bro. It's okay, Qidian broke a lot of promises to the community and you were wrong. Its okay that you were wrong, just don't keep being wrong.

Now they're doubling down on all their shittiness to earn money, like how everyone else has analyzed. Nice analysis @rexzshadow. You're the WW translator right? I like your novel. Do you know how the SS share is working out? I read in this thread that their translators didn't get the SS contract for five months, so Qidian was earning all that money (fuck you Release That Witch!) and not sharing any of it with translators right? How much of it do they get now?

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  4. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @bookwormer I have no idea what the exactly situation is with SS. I just heard from people that its not good as in its not good money? But nothing I can say for certain but I do know that the free SS give the translator no money (which make sense since their free) and people abuse the free SS with multiple accounts so its pretty bad situation over all. I think that's what kinda pushed for some of these translation situation where you have 200 free chapter and 300+ premium because only by that can translators force some money out. Personally that leave a bad taste in my mouth but hey people gotta pay the bill somehow so I understand the reasoning.

If you look at QI from start to finish its a huge mess. They basically took anyone who said they can translate so they can boost the biggest library and take over the market. Only to find this was the market and now force to keep all these translations alive when most of them aren't making what they are paying. I have no idea what they can do to turn it around coz feel like they lock themselves into this huge operation deficit that's really hard to turn around. Like only people that went SS are people doing popular novels. Meaning they still got dozens of unpopular ones eating away at their operation cost. Like how do you fix that beside throwing more money in or cut if off.

Viola likes this.
  5. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    They should really stop copying villains and learn from the MCs instead. With hundreds of examples from their novels they should know already that villains often get bad endings:blobxd::blobxd:

6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is the villain that we like.

7. Alixx

Alixx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha it's qidan what do you guys expect...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.