Question Clarify Green Tea vs White Lotus

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by CharlieSierra, Nov 12, 2017.

1. CharlieSierra

CharlieSierra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, while I’ve been reading novels that I’ve found on NU and browsing the NUF forums, I come across the terms green tea b**ch and white lotus. As far as I know, they refer to someone, especially a female, who looks delicate, cute and innocent on the outside but is a vicious, scheming backstabber on the inside.

My question(s): Is there a difference between a green tea b**ch and a white lotus or are they interchangeable? If there is a difference, what is it?

Any explanation or links to a good explanation in another thread would be greatly appreciated.

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinks about GreenTeaNeko

3. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally has harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    greenteaneko ain't no bitch desu

he brings art desu

4. Shio

Shio Mochi with ears Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Green tea refer to someone who act pure, but is secretly a bitch (referring to a scandal where several artist get caught with sex scandal)

White lotus = actual pure female, even when their environment is not so good. (because white lotus blooms from muddy water)
    I think you get the wrong impression of white lotus since a lot of antagonist female character are pretending to be white lotus, but is secretly a scheming woman.

Fuyuneko, SummerX, Dahlia and 6 others like this.
  5. CharlieSierra

CharlieSierra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! That makes sense. Thank you!

6. SummerX

SummerX Well-known fujoshi

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides what shio had said, green tea bitches also appeared innocent and attractive to men, and they are usually disliked by women. They might act pure to keep their male friends as 'backups' and take advantages of them, etc. They are bitches not just because they backstab a friend. It's something about gender/sex/romance/relationship stuff.

A white lotus is morally spotless and their only weakness is that they're too kind, but people use this term sarcastically because white lotus characters seem fake. White lotuses are more common among protags, but ofc you won't see the author saying that. If you read comments or reviews or tags, readers label good protags white lotuses a lot.

CharlieSierra likes this.