Spoiler Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aean, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Slayer66

Slayer66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that it is just because Destiny Oracle or Destiny Goddess sounds much better lol. It also gives us more information than just the word "gold". Remember that the name of the elements are based on the days of the week in japanese.

Destiny magic can also allow to use time magic.
    "Time magic: Mind Accelerator "
    It is an excerpt from chapter 239 during the battle between Ancient Dragons and Makoto.

Maybe words like Time Magic or Space Magic are just a way to categorize magic ? Like healing magic and barrier magic.
    Well, Sofia has the skill Ice magic: monarch but she can also use water spells. I think that the skill allows a better efficiency in using ice magic.

2. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There we go. Yeah, Wind cannot be with Wood. With Water and Ice the relationship is crystal clear, liquid to solid state and vice versa. Makoto just needs Fire and Earth attributes (fire is covered with Lucy's body pact).

It might have been a good choice to use Gold instead of Destiny. When using destiny affiliated magic, it shows a gold aura for the spell. The author probably chose Gold since Destiny magic does not properly categorize all the various subcategories that Destiny magic contains. Destiny, teleportation magic, thought acceleration magic, time magic are all different (better separation and differentiation of skills in this category).

Like Blank27 said before. What I meant is that Teleportation is a part of gold magic (sub category under it), but works differently or has less requirements to use other than having large mana pools. Otherwise it's kind of hard to explain how Lucy used it. It's similar to how Makoto can use Charm, but not other types of moon magic. Teleportation magic might have such a gimmick, where it is easier to acquire as long as you have the mana capacity for it.

The one about Spirits not liking holy gods is from Dia dissuading Makoto (serious implications on spirit magic and attracting spirits). Then Ira admitted it and RPG choice never prompted when she asked him to become the Destiny Hero (meaning she was not serious). Johnny was not a hero or apostle of any god nor did he probably have any blessings of the holy gods similar to Lucy (not a follower of any holy god which is why Noah tried to scout her). Rosalie does use saint level magic and spirit magic, but she's probably not a believer of Freya. Her relationship could be similar to Eir and Makoto (not being her believer but can still use her angels). Not really the spirit user race, but elves due to their long lifespan are the only race that are passing it down in some numbers (due to Johnny's lineage). It's a fairly rare skill even among elves. There might even be titan believers among some not mentioned in the story.

I doubt Makoto would be suicidal from that dark episode which was short-term and somewhat resolved once he figured out how to use what skills he had. He's a gamer (used to challenges) and very forward thinking in the worst of circumstances (resourceful too). He might have come to the conclusion that this world is hard mode for him (soul-like genre).

The details for Mel are my interferences when looking up historical figures to match references. The author did admit he's using Japanese, Greek/Roman, and Norse gods. Also he's a fan of Lovecraft and Cthulhu. He's also using Arabian themes and lore too (Iblis, Zagan, spirits, etc).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  3. archeisse

archeisse Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except, as Slayer66 said, Makoto literally used Time Magic. And he never got Time Magic, but Destiny Magic. Seems more like WN Destiny Magic = LN Gold Element Magic, the purview of Gold Element Magic fits perfectly with Ira's offer (teleportation and time magic). Regarding Ira's title, Golden Goddess doesn't describe her primary duties at all, while Destiny Goddess concisely does. So the Golden goes to her country instead.

So we are at least agreed then, that Lucy's use of teleport could use further explaining (in-story or by the author directly). Because that should be under Gold Element/Destiny Magic (Destiny sounds awkward as an element, so I understand why the element is Gold), and thus not covered under Great Mage.

Personally, I'm leaning towards the assumption that the humans' knowledge of magic is limited and flawed. That explanation of elements seem more like an attempt to make the magics fit under the Goddesses than actually touching on the fundamental workings of magic. They'd be basing it on extant skills and such, of course, but the information they have is limited. Not the strangest place for us to get faulty in-story information given all the occurrences of such up until now.

Makoto certainly went on to make good use of the skills he had, but don't forget he still hit a slump which wouldn't have been solved without Noah's intervention (the Proficiency problem). I imagine it would still hurt a gamer to be stuck in a kusoge with neither a way forward nor out (literally the only way out is death). And more importantly, that's also after Noah talked to him. An important part of his depression is the lack of any positive encouragement from his surroundings, so Noah saying essentially "I need you," is a huge help.

Still, on this issue we're running on conjectures, suppositions, and assumptions for the most part so I'd rather we just agree to disagree and drop this line of discussion. I'm not seeing any real conclusion to it. Not unless the author himself has weighed in on how far Makoto's gamer mind goes.

Regarding Spirits, it's certainly shown that Dia is opposed, but other than that nothing explicit is ever said or shown. The lack of choices is a good point, but I'll raise another possibility : she does want Makoto to convert, but is quite aware that he'd likely refuse even if she offered everything she could, so the offer is half-hearted. Kind of like a halfhearted confession you're expecting to be rejected. Which is why the choices don't pop up. Rosalie uses Saint rank magic, and it's explicitly an angel. Momo herself described it thus :
    So Rosalie should be at least somewhat faithful. Makoto's use of angels shouldn't be lumped in the same place as Rosalie's, since even the basis of it is different (one's just plain magic, the other is a sacrificial technique made possible by the direct intervention of a Goddess, which is extremely rare). It should be much closer to Sakurai's and Annabel's.

And Elves are still the Spirit User race. Whatever the reason, they're the race people think of when speaking of Spirit User. And it's not strictly because of Johnny's lineage either, since Bifrons himself almost thought Makoto was an Elf, and it was before Johnny's lineage is a big thing. And I'm fairly sure being a believer of any of the other Titan Gods wouldn't have any real effects since they're in a different plane altogether (Tartarus is implied to be further disconnected than merely stuck in a dungeon guarded by a Divine Beast). They've also been gone for millions of years now, so it's doubtful if any mortal that isn't Noah's Apostle remember them as anything other than Evil Gods. I'm actually considering the possibility that Freya is part Titan God or something.

The author shows their appreciation of SMT very well IMO. Drawing on a wide variety of mythologies is really apt for someone who profess appreciation for that franchise. I know SMT got me learning more mythology than I'd expected I'd have.

Also, the word you want is inference, without -ter-.

4. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhhh new Chapter ~

Water Spirit being the strongest huh...

Also Noah knowing the future using spirit of time is quite a very strong one... But isn't it impossible when her power actually sealed? I don't get it.

Moon Goddess is mostly the culprit huh... I want to know what is Makoto's relation.

Then a certain cute move by Ira hehehe... She's upping the contact with Makoto. She got synchronized anyway so maybe it added some good amount of affection points.

Also for the translated version...

1 CHAPTER LEFT FOR THE BIG REVEAL AND THE FUNNIEST DRAGON'S REACTION...

5. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    @archeisse

I never disagreed in the first place though.

That is not a direct interference. It was a direct interference when Eir made it rain and she made Makoto's dagger to awaken like a holy sword for appearances sakes. Makoto has been using sacrificial technique in the past left and right, I would not call that direct interference at all. Makoto would also have to be somewhat faithful and have good ties with Eir. Unless you want to classify all summoning of angels as direct interference.

Rosalie's saint rank magic failed to finish Shuri off, but Makoto did finish it off (technically his faith should be stronger even if she was weakened). For the spirits like Undines that have strong personalities their likes and dislikes are apparent. The god contract is one with the soul, Undine might be referring to that and how all holy goddesses release an aura that repress spirits. When Eir descended, all spirits were silenced and quiet. In Dark Era, spirits were more abundant compared to the Holy Goddesses Era where spirits were repressed.

From the Isekai perspective yes, but from this world's inhabitants I would say no. Spirit User is a forgotten art (intentional by holy goddesses) even commented on by Rosalie about low users among elves.

Ira with dead eyes leaking secrets about the god realm. She's really tired. So many energy drinks wasted. Eir has quite the dark history.

Ira reveals that there more spirits than the basic elements. Ira and Makoto's foreheads touch, Makoto uses 99% clear mind to cover his shyness, and she shows him an image of their world. Makoto finally realizes that water is strong since the planet is 70% covered by it on the surface. Wind spirits are abundant only in hurricanes and tornadoes. Earth spirits are abundant under the earth's crust. Fire is least abundant.

Noah's statues are being built in the present and she's gaining new followers. One statue is placed near Eir's statue. Moon Goddess Naia is like a "hostage" for outer gods. Noah is suspected for using time magic, but ruled out since she has zero reason to help demon king side now. Ira suspects its an older relative capable of time magic stronger than her. Makoto comments since she's the weakest time god, there's probably a lot. Ira snaps back with I know. Makoto should

Dragon King Astaroth has dragon god blood in him. The old dragon god is supposedly dead. Makoto attempts to use his god class magic and Ira complains aren't you going too far! She complains that this is probably why Noah kept quiet about water spirits being the strongest to Makoto or bother to correct his misunderstandings about water being weak. Anna also notices its Ira's voice and is shocked with Makoto's attitude to her.

6. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 278
    Ira is definitely the cutest goddess !
    She is really motivated in her work and takes things seriously. This is why she cares about humans.

Poor Ira, she has a difficult work environment.
    Makoto, you should reward her after everything is over.
    I think that Noah and Naia are both suspects.

Maybe Naia is the one who gave Makoto the RPG Player as Naia is an Outer God.
    Noah could have given the day/night reversal even though she is accepted as the Eight Goddess. It may be part of her scheme to overthrow the Holy Gods.

Also, Astaroth has some blood of a Dragon God, no wonder he is considered the strongest Demon King. However, how strong the GDK is if they could beat Astaroth ?

7. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Anna heard Ira talking about Noah. Will she ask about it later ? It may creates
    a fissure in their relationship.

8. Blackpain

Blackpain Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, the next chapter will be makoto picking a fight with the remaining demon lords. Nia and noah is a suspect, including some higher ranking holy gods above Ira.

Moon goddess is mentioned agian. Could it be that Noah and Nia are collaborating(just happy thoughts).

Water spirits is the strongest.
    W ater M age( Makotos element) =
    W eakest M age( the title). Let's just change the title little bit to "The rising of a the weakest Mage". Lol:ROFLMAO: or "The water Mage who is considered the weakest is actually the strongest". XD

9. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 278

Noah or Naia. I have a hunch that it’s actually Naia who helped them. Maybe after this Ira will discover that she helped the demons. There’s no reason for Noah to help them if it would kill her follower. Plus, her followers are increasing in the future as well. I don’t think she’ll do something like that. I already made a theory about this in the thread so let me repeat that. Naia helped the Devils because she’s related to them and then after the war Althena and Ira discovered it leading to the destruction of Cornet. I also think that she’s probably the cat (Tsui) which is why even when she’s Makoto’s familar, she’s closer to Furiae because she wants their forgiveness.

So that’s why he still can’t control the magic of Undine properly. How could we have forgotten that 70% of the planet is water. Since the setting is similar, we forgot to assume that as well. Ira didn’t explain fire spirits but I think she’ll just say that they only increase when there’s volcanoes or forest fires.

Other spirits are also confirmed! Some more possibilites might include space or fate spirits. Makoto did say that he still can’t see time spirits so that’s another confirmation. Maybe there’s another requirement to see them?

Dragon King Astaroth also has Dragon God blood. Now I’m getting scared for when Makoto fights Iblis. He can’t use divinity then so he has to rely on spirits. And if Anna can’t kill Astaroth, how would they kill Iblis?

10. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    If water magic is concerned... It should've been one of the strongest.
    If sub-category of water magic also concerned "liquid" control... It's technically the strongest (unless the body is made of anything other than liquid)

Blood Bending is still the strongest for me on Avatar universe...

It's still a facet on how strong if you know what you are doing huh.

I'm still surprised that they let Makoto have the sun and destiny magic...

They should know how maniacal Makoto in terms of "grinding" their proficiency. Sooner or later we would see him having 1000 on both sun and time magic he's technically the Light Hero

11. Zakoo

Zakoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lot of explanations, and it was good.

As expected there's more spirit type than the 4 elements.

I remember last year when we used to have a new chapter every 3 days .... now it's one per week

12. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Ira stopped Makoto from talking more about Light Spirits and Dark Spirits. I guess those ones are really dangerous.
    To see Light Spirits, Dark Spirits and Time Spirits, I guess it would require more than just a high proficiency.

13. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    She doesn't want to say it... She really cares for him more than her station now lol.

She gave a hint to with the "divinity" on relation on these OP spirits...

Which surprisingly(lol) Makoto already have.

14. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the author's fault. He made a mistake while writing about Ira. When he noticed it, it was already too late. Ira was way too cute and her popularity skyrocketed to the point of being one of the best heroines. Ira is definitely the kindest and cutest goddess. The readers who are fans of her are probably like this :
    “Ira-sama ★ life!”
    “Ira-sama ★ love!”
    “I can die for the sake of Ira-sama!” (chapter 203)

If Makoto want to do another crazy thing, i think that he will sync with Anna, use divinity to use the Spirit of Light and kill the Demon Lords with its power.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  15. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    @archeisse

The dagger is originally created by Noah and was crafted from fragments of Kronos' sickle. I would argue since there is a precedent with Makoto, why not with Rosalie too? She might not be using a dagger, but another unique method. She has the achievements as one of the top mages in the West Continent and ability to make it possible. I consider her and Makoto the most insane characters here.

You disagree or feel doubtful if being a holy goddess believer has an effect on spirit user magic or not. And my position is that there is a serious effect on spirit magic and likeability towards sprits if someone is a follower of the holy goddesses (hero, oracle, etc).

You would have a point if Sakurai used spirit magic, but he does not. Same for Noel and Leo. It's interesting to note here that Makoto only called spirits with his synchro with Lucy (and Ira using her divinity for himself). He did not call water spirits but used high level magic using the mana with Leo and Sophia. With Furiae, he is able to use monarch level charm to attract Undine to him. Alex's existence itself silences spirits in his surroundings.

Meh, might as well pause debate on that topic until new information comes out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Eir, she is possibly one of the the strongest Holy Goddesses with the new information from chapter 278. If water spirits are strongest, then so is the water goddess, which is why she's the one tasked with stopping Water Spirit King Makoto.

Light and Darkness Spirits takes me back to the Golden Sun RPG days. Ira is a good friend leaking all these confidential information to Makoto. And according to her, there is a god exam in the divine realm. He needs the god spirit or aura to attract those other spirits. If Makoto uses those spirits, then he is going to have servants of the Olympian gods monitor him all the time (Source: Ira).

I can already see Makoto attempting it in the future even if it breaks some divine rules... and Ira will be an exhausted Pekora laughing with insanity.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  16. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    ayyyy translated chapter now give the Abel = Anna in full english glory...

Someone spoiled it on last chapters, so sad.

17. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah some people really give out hidden hints in the form of theories. Quite depressing to see that in the comments as raw readers.

18. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really bad. This chapter was supposed to be one of biggest plot twists but it was wasted.

Ira is already so pitiful. She is helping Makoto to a great extent, but her workload and penalty is increasing a whole lot. She doesn't deserve this. She is the kindest goddess even though she has a bad personality. She is probably one of the few Goddesses who actually cares about humans. He should be more considerate to her. Maybe Makoto could ask a reward for Ira like a promotion, a reduction in her punishment or something equivalent.

19. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new translated chapter actually confirms that Noah charms her followers and that she had been doing it for several hundreds of years. The fact that Makoto is able to resist her charms even her full power is a flag for her. Might be why she had great expectation of him.

Also about Mel, so she is not really 10k years old. Do you suppose that she is younger or even older that that?