Question [CN] [EN] Looking for advice on how to make 'Gong' and 'Shou' work

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by readerz, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which is the best way to do it?

1. seme and uke

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. shou and gong

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. don't translate - use "he" or "that person"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that most people have no idea what "gong" and "shou" mean. I have no problem in putting it in the body of the novel but I have reservations about putting it in the novel summary.

shou = uke
    gong = seme

I tried my hand at a translation, please take a look to see if it works. I made the text bold so you can see how I tried to make it readable. What do you think? Assuming you didn't know what gong and shou mean, is this summary okay? I put the words in bold so you can check what I did.

Title: I Can’t Write Any ‘Below the Neck’ Love Scenes

Summary:

The man started kissing his way down his lover’s neck.

Xiao Shou: Don’t go below the neck! It will get locked!

The man stopped one inch below the neck.

Xiao Gong felt a little relieved. It seemed that one inch below the neck was allowed.

But Xiao Gong’s lips were stopped and went back to the original place.

No, it got locked.

Because of the rule that prohibited “any love scene that goes below the neck,” Ye Ming’s story was locked. Just when he was feeling quite depressed about it, his own manuscript that he was still writing suddenly rose up against him.

What the? The second male lead complained that the “action” was too slow and refused to play his role anymore? In a rage, Ye Ming decided to transmigrate into his own novel when he was given the choice.

He transmigrated into the home of the villain BOSS’s main henchman before the henchman turned evil. Ah, this henchman was so handsome! Feeling guilty at writing such a miserable story for this person who lacked warmth from his childhood, Ye Ming wanted to shower him with fatherly love.

The problem was, this cultivation novel that he had written suddenly turned into a BL novel, but the rule that prohibited “any love scene that goes below the neck” was still in force!

Note: In China, internet censorship is quite strict. Thus authors of the web novel websites in China cannot write any detailed smut scenes. If they do, their work gets locked.

Original Summary:

小攻沿着小受的脖子亲下来。
    小受:不要到脖子以下!要被锁住了,锁住了啊!
    小攻在小受脖子下方一寸地方停住。
    小受松一口气:看来一寸还是允许的。
    小攻嘴唇停在原处:没呢,已经被锁住了。

因为“脖子以下的亲热不能写”的规定,叶明的文被锁了。正在颓废的阶段,电脑的文稿上竟然自己打起字来。 什么?第二男主说文章节奏太慢,不玩了?一怒之下,叶明穿进自己书里。一过去,就发现自己到了大BOSS的第一狗腿家中。如今尚未黑化。这个狗腿原来长得这么帅。把他写的这么惨,叶明愧疚了。狗腿从小缺乏温情,叶明可以给你父爱。问题在于,你这个修仙爽文的狗腿,变身要做修仙纯爱的男主,但是系统还是“脖子以下的亲热不能写”啊!

Original Title: 脖子以下的亲热不能写
    Author: 古玉闻香

Raw link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2190050

http://bcnovels.com/i-cant-write-any-below-the-neck-love-scenes/

2. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    How about using Mr Top and Mr Bottom :blobpeek:

readerz likes this.
  3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird, I never thought that might be an option.

Mr. Top: Don’t go below the neck! It will get locked! <-- it kinda looks weird.

Thanks but I think it's not ideal.

4. Dawngawser

Dawngawser Something something

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think you should use uke and seme. Something like little uke or little seme.

readerz likes this.
  5. Playful Devil Miki995

Playful Devil Miki995 [Happy go lucky~]

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Seme and Uke. Well~ if people like reading BL, they should have the fundamental knowledge or just google what Seme and Uke are. Gong and Shou will be hard to understand if they don't know what it means. This is my point of view xD

readerz likes this.