Discussion CN Novel Summaries

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by theilikepie, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it me or do CN novels have the worst summaries. They tell you nothing of the novels plot and usually they turn me off. You know the ones im talking about

"She,who was trampled on by her stepsister and stepmother. The gods grant her a new gift with a new chance at life, reborn with a cold look in her eyes and jade skin she tramples down on all who would look down on her and gives back 10 fold with the nature of a mountain lion.

He, who is a nulti billionaire ultra handsome playboy Philantripnsit with 6 PhDs from Harvard takes notice of her and tries to tame the kitty

Can two demon like poisonous beings turn the tides of destiny and obtain the one ring to rule them all?"

Like geeze. It's so fudging cringey. The novel could be a masterpiece yet I wouldnt read it cause of the description. It's not even the translators. The authors acutally write that

2. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    All CN novel summaries.
    "He, who slaps everyone's face."

Glevauve, Lil K.O, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  3. McNoodle

McNoodle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao. I mean they are cringe worthy but I will admit that I read some of them because hey they could be good. You never know.

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the ones that either tell you absolutely nothing but are some sort of poem instead and the ones which are inaccurate to the actual plot. So, I guess I hate all CN summaries?

Lil K.O, otaku31 and Nuinui like this.
  5. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate the ones where it's just dialogue of the MC and ML flirting, which makes you think the story is fluffy and cute. Then the story turns out to be full of angst. Like gee, thanks for such an accurate summary!

6. Meloncauli

Meloncauli 『Melon Cauli』『If you prick us, do we not bleed?』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some CN authors are so well-established that they could write anything for the summary and the novel will still be a hit.

otaku31 likes this.
  7. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not summaries to begin with so it's not a surprise that they don't function very well as summaries. The OP is not wrong in that they're often misleading though.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This annoys me too! I don't even read novel descriptions anymore and simply try to form a vague idea about the plot based on tags alone.

9. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    second this summary. Read The Red Lands

10. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: This is so accurate it's not even funny anymore :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

theilikepie and Mangafreakspark like this.
  11. Haylias

Haylias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tapread's are virtually unintelligible at times.

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I feel the same, if a summary doesn't tell me what a novel is about, I refuse to read it, I have better things to do with my time than reading something I have no clue what it is.

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    often cn novel summary tell of plot that never happens in game

a true cn novel summary would be

XX, disgraced/disabled/handicapped beggar/kicked out of family/parents died mysteriously finds a cheat, goes on to beat all his bullies, become head of his family and bully other people families until he leaves for the bigger world.

every step he takes however, he will meet young masters from stronger families who will slap him and try to cuck him. after he beats the young masters, their fathers come and then gets slapped, which will trigger their grandfather who will bitchslap the MC.

with plot armor, he miraculously does not die and comes back years later to massacre their entire families.

oh and he also finds his parents and helps the people(family) who bullied him and made his entire life miserable become stronger.

when he finally stands at the top of the world, he forgets everyone and everything he's done and the novel ends on a bad note for the reader

14. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guilty of this because I'm lazy and did not plan out everything. However, my novel's name should already give a vague clue about the main theme and plot already. Coupled with the generic xianxia summery of mine, you should already know what you would be reading.

Myriad Life - From the name, it should be clear that you will be dealing with multiple lives. Either one person in many lifetimes or a group of person.

Anra7777 likes this.
  15. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... what I usually do is wait until reviews are out and see if someone gives an actual summary. Don’t know if that would work for you as well. Then again, I often forget that I’m waiting, and end up not reading the story at all.

16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just think that if the author isn't capable enough to make a summary that at least looks like a summary, then they certainly are unable to write a good novel.

I mean, making a good summary is hard, but making a half-baked decent one is pretty easy... If the author can't do even that, then there is no point in reading their novel~

In any case, my Reading List is big enough to the point I know I won't finish it in one lifetime anyways, so it's not like I'll regret not reading a novel with a bad summary~

Anra7777 likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The truth is, most CN authors don't know what their novel is about either. They are just word filling as they go along, so the plot can change at a moments notice.

18. TrevorNoah

TrevorNoah New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have recently got into CN novels again and have read quite a few of the main ones such as ISSTH, ATG, DE, TMW, CD etc. I am currently reading Shallowed Star and I was wondering if there was any other must reads or hidden gems out there that you could recommend me.

It's a bit of a vague request but any suggestions would be great!

19. Schwarz

Schwarz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I copy this from somewhere

In a small and old bar, there was a young man sitting peacefully beside a very jade-like beautiful girl.
    Suddenly, a jealous random guy shouted " hey you trash, get out, I want your seat"

The young MC " NO"

The guy " how dare you to say 'no' to me, apologize"

The young MC " huh! why should I apologize??"

The guy " you don't know who am I ??? I am Mr. Genius from Super clan. Apologize or die"

pffff pfff dooom shaaaah - the head of the guy felt to the ground.

... far far away in a huge mansion

A strong middle-aged man " whaaat? Who killed my dear genius son!!!? I want him dead right now"

The expert MC " what ??? !! you want to revenge your scum son !!!?"

pooooof dooooom dfffffffo shuhhho ( Super clan was extinguished, even their cats and dogs were killed)

.... faaar faaar a waaay in a different space on a very huge mountain

the great elder of Supreme Sect " whaaat my dear Super clan was slaughtered ????what!!! even our dogs and cats were killed.!!!! Send all the men and Find him and kill him "

The supreme MC " what !!! your Supreme sect wants to kill me !!!! You dare!!!!"

poooof doooooooooom pufffffffff dumdum booooooom difdif ( Supreme sec was destroyed and not even a rat ran away "

.... faaaaaaaaaaaaaar tooooo faaaaaar away on heavenly throne sit a huuuuuge creature named Supergod

Supergod " hmmm ! Someone dared to destroy my dog sect that warships me !!! Interesting " he coldly smiled and said " let's go and teach this ant a lesson"

The Super Supreme MC " hmmmmm , you dog god want to take revenge!!!!" " whaaaat?? !!! You want to teach me a smmmal lesson????" " hahahaha so what if you are a god huh ????!!!"

dooooooooooooooooooioom booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom ( the Supergod was easily killed )

.... in a small plant in a small country in very tiny village, inside the old and small bar, there was sitting a majestic figure that no one dared to provoke.

The majestic figure or the god MC said to the girl beside him " hey beauty, do you want to have s*x on my bed in the heavens "

The End

20. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    I came across a fanfic summary just now which said, “Summary is for weak hoes” and thought of this thread. Well, it was a reader insert fic, so it already had my hatred. :blob_coffee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.