Resolved [CN] Please help me clarify!

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by toasted shiba inu, Nov 17, 2019.

1. toasted shiba inu

toasted shiba inu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone! I would like to request some help, please!

穿成霸总文里的后妈 - This is the title of a novel I'm interested in translating, but I'm stumped on what "霸总" means. I think the title is akin to...
    • "Becoming the Stepmom of the Novel’s Tyrants" or
    • "Transmigrating into the Novel as the Tyrants' Stepmom"?
    "小奶总" - Little Tyrant?
    虞桐忍不住看了小奶总他们三兄弟一眼 - Yu Tong couldn't help but glance at three little tyrant brothers?
    I am confused because the novel calls one brother as "小奶总" but sometimes it seems to refer to all three brothers as "小奶总"s.

"气场两米八的霸总" - Tyrant's 2.8m aura?

Thank you in advance and sorry if my questions were really amateur!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like CEO novel (including the wen with those two words). Transmigrating into an overbearing CEO novel as a stepmother. I could be wrong tho, shop for more opinions just in case. It's up to you how to translate CEO novel, it's how I refer to those shitty romance novels with an overbearing rapist CEO character.

EDIT 1: Specifically the two characters: ba is tyrant, zong is chief, head, someone at a top position. Combined, I'd go for overbearing CEO lol.

EDIT 2: The more you use dictionaries + MTL, the more you'll get a feel for the words. Here's one, but there are more dictionaries around you can pick. https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary?page=worddict&wdrst=0&wdqb=穿成霸总文里的后妈

EDIT 3: In my effort to post quickly, I didn't notice you had more questions, lol. Xiao nai zong sounds so cute xDD. Very formally: little breastfeeding tyrant. But you can 'cutify' it for English. (Little) Baby tyrant or somethig. I'm not native, so I can't think of cutesy words in English, but you get the gist.

虞桐忍不住看了小奶总他们三兄弟一眼 - they seem to really be three brothers. And my bet it they're all very young. Another bet is, they're all the three baby brothers of the small tyrant (not yet grown, turned into a real CEO). I'll need to actually read the chapter to get a sense of what's going on lol.

The part with the aura, you'll need to put in English words. The saying sounds culturally relevant (like stemming from a meme or something). So you can half-ass it and say 'a two meter wide overbearing CEO aura' or something along those lines.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    anyudr and toasted shiba inu like this.
  3. toasted shiba inu

toasted shiba inu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ludagad Thanks so much for the advice! I like the sound of Overbearing CEO here much more than Tyrant! YIKES rest assured no raping here :blobxd:

ludagad likes this.
  4. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    I added to my reply, since I noticed late you had more questions lol. And worry not, I realize it's not about this novel, the MC is transmigrating into a typical CEO novel. Not all of those have a shitty ML, but plenty enough do, that they've gained a bad rep to me. xD;

toasted shiba inu likes this.
  5. toasted shiba inu

toasted shiba inu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I just noticed! Thank you for answering all of my questions!!
    Little Baby Tyrant sounds cute! They are three 5yo brothers (triplets) who were adopted by the CEO.
    The 2.8m thing was a complete what the heck moment for me so I'm definitely going to do as you say! xD

ludagad likes this.
  6. ludagad

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I'm guessing baby tyrants refers to all of them, since they will grow up potentially inheriting high positions from their dad. It's the MC being humorous I guess :). Sounds like a cute novel.

toasted shiba inu likes this.
  7. toasted shiba inu

toasted shiba inu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, hopefully I can post it someday! Thank you again for all the help!!!

ludagad likes this.