Coach novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by mcarandang, Aug 31, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarandang

mcarandang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhhh, don't know how this became its own discussion thread, but for context was originally a reply to
    Novels like Godfather of Champions by ashlord1
    problem resolved...necro threaded the old post, kinda a noob to the rules.

I trawl these forum boards hungering for the same...
    honestly dived into the world of mtl and you get use to it or you don't read it.

ling hai ting tao has written a couple raws about football / soccer players on qidian...google translate?? the raws to uukanshu.

The author has written a work that surprisingly surpassed it, since it is one of his older novels.
    Try the winner is king - mtlnovel. com - coaching novel, but in my opinion better

currently reading bishop of the NBA by 昇伯

sports players is difficult to write, coaches even moreso without falling into the trap of nationalism
    if you are truly desperate
    qidian -> search tab...physical education / sports ... tag - passionate ... WC: (input desired)

honestly coach novels are even rarer than chinese fanfic detective conan novels...if anyone else finds more for both (although start a new thread) do post!

similarish
    superstars of tomorrow - celebrity
    I am a superstar - celebrity

A couple suggestions for the ones that are just as good but not similar,
    a magical industrial empire - kingdom building and economics + engineering and politics
    power and wealth - superpower + politics (OP like, I don't want to be an astetic monk or a valiant life)
    isaac - military and witty
    great storyteller - good story
    omniscient reader - ??? indescribable

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all if it is sports novel and translator describes it as soccer instead of football i will rate it 1 star immediately and curse the novel to eternity without even reading it.

Its extreme turn off for me more than nationalism and racisim i can roll my eyes and move on with them but calling football soccer is heinous.

Ps really enjoyed Godfather of Champions until translator started to use soccer instead of football while Mc's team is literally playing in English premier league.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.