Recommendations Cold, Rational, Pragmatic Novel on Web Novel or Fanfcition net

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by absenior19, Jul 10, 2022.

?

Do you like a cold, rational, pragmatic mc who only care about themselves

1. yes if romance is there

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. yes if romance is not there

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. don't care, as long I find the novel interesting

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  1. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says, I am looking for novels on Webnovel, fanfiction.net, amazon, kindle, Goodreads, and so on any site. As long as it is translated into English.
    I have read most of the Chinese,jap, and Kr novels that I like. So now I am searching for novels other than, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean novels.
    Even if English is not proper, it should be readable. Not MTL.
    ---
    Some of my requirements:
    . Rational, Pragmatic, Smart Protagonist.
    . If possible then suggest to me novels with no romance in them.
    . No simping, and no helping strangers for no apparent reason. So he should be rational, and have a logical reason, at least for most of the things he does. I know emotion doesn't usually work with logic, but that should be minimal.
    ------------------------
    He can be cruel, cold, expressionless, emotionless, and evil. I don't really care.
    But not a psycho with no reason at all. So I need a smart mc.
    -----------------
    Some of the novels i enjoyed.
    Webnovel List-
    Blood Immortal by PSYcho_72
    Demonic Shaman - Spicydaoist
    Rise Of The Demon General
    Steampunk Apocalypse!
    The God of The Undead
    My Journey to Godhood as a Caterpillar
    One Piece: Reborn as a Skypiean
    Naruto: Dream to Immortality
    Hunter x Hunter: A Selfish Wish
    My Mother Told Me
    Dominating in Kuroko No Basket
    Endless Adventure by getyourphones
    Dragon Ball - The True Legendary Super Saiyan

Fanfiction.net
    fanfiction.net/s/10360716/1/The-Metropolitan-Man
    Shards of Impossibility

Some other:
    John Cleaver Series [ not the best, but I read this when I was really bored ]
    I'll show you a villain [ Webnovel, same as above, not good, not bad, read it when I was bored ]
    --------
    well just share what you think is good, and come any close to the likes of these novels.
    -Thx and don't suggest bl.

Iiloveme, Jezus, Reader247 and 2 others like this.
  2. Clueless_OP

Clueless_OP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    absenior19, Reader247 and AlexMercer9 like this.
  3. AlexMercer9

AlexMercer9 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hunter x Hunter: A Selfish Wish - Neutral Evil (4*)
    Naruto: Dream to Immortality - Neutral Evil (5*)
    The Merchant of Death - Absolute Neutral (3*)
    DC : A different speedster - Chaotic Evil (4*)
    My Heo Academia : Reborn as Denki Kaminari - Absolute Neutral/Lawful Evil (5*)
    One Piece : Reborn as a Skypiean - Lawful Evil (3*)
    Game of Thrones : Reborn as a Frey - Neutral Evil (5*)
    HxH : Researcher - Lawful Evil (4*)
    I'll show you a Villain - Neutral Evil (5*)
    Rise of the Vampiric Empire - Neutral Evil (4*)
    Prototype: Apex Predator - Neutral Evil (4*)
    May Aien Have Mercy (RoyalRoad) - Neutral Evil (4.2*)
    Douluo Dalu: Legend of Wang Wei Feng (4*)
    Naruto: The Rise of Hanma Clan - Neutral Evil (5*)
    Iron Blood - Neutral Evil (4*)

Iiloveme and absenior19 like this.
  4. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    here are some from royal road:

• The bettors oath: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/54717/the-bettors-oath-a-dark-modern-litrpg
      man gets isekaied into an SCP type scary world and he wakes up in a prison with plot armor so thin that it gives the main charecters of akame ga kill a run for their money. really good one of my favorites

• Wolf saga-https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/51393/the-wolf-saga-wolf-that-devours-empires

boy half elf who is reincarnation of some op old mage goes on an edgelord adventure by himself after his dad dies when he is like 5 or someshit.
    • Nameless hypocrite- https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/52697/nameless-hypocrite
      dude gets reincarnated and is an edgelord . its a good read. postapocalyse tutorial
    • Thiefs dungeon- clever as shit reborn dungeon who doesnt know who its past self was, though sus for a human, has a taste for beautiful things. It has a unique tension that makes it morbid and at the same time tragic. An art of a story that was ended midway through a plot, complete my ass.
    • Snake Report- The reviews mislead me, the snake in all its glory was amazing to read, and the insanity.. god, nothing was more interesting to read insanity done right, in fact there were times where I suspected the author was making the reader go insane, in a good way

Bloom- tree op af, has snake report vibes, it goes from wtf style to holy shit, holllly shit. well tldr, lil tree looking harmless becomes full on badass god eater world eater and most wanted in the multiverse.
    • Dungeon Mage- imagine Reverend Insanity, but instead of gu, its a dungeon shard system. incomplete series, author hasnt returned in a year so assume its dropped
    • The damned- Its a 10 , dont read if u cant stomach dark themes, anger, chosen of a dark god, cold, and vengeful no rom no harem
    • Desolada- revenge, time magic. Demons , 10 in my books, no romance no harem. Not exactly a cold protag but someone who is human

Tommen king business- 10 /10 best game of thrones fan fic. No romance no harem, pure schemes
      Got done right
    • may aien have mercy- edge lord fiction about revenge. Mc is duped by the world to become a demon or someshit, it was absolutely great to read. Chaotic neutral vs the world

Isaac unknown- starts really good. It's about this quirky Mage who fights supernatural elements and is the bitch to some mysterious omniscient omnipotent organization called Among us or someshit like that. It's good but irritating that he sleeps w every women he meets. Then it kinda got boring
      https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/42896/isaac-unknown-the-albatross-tales-book-1-the-furious
    • awakened soul
    • paranoid mage
    • alien evolution system not on royal road

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Iiloveme likes this.
  5. 2A1Z

2A1Z Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my biggest petpeeves in reading is when a seemingly "ruthless/cold MC" breaks character by going out of his way to help a random stranger for contrived plot purposes. Selfless plug but I actually made a story with an MC that is ruthless that stays consistent throughout the story: Devour Heaven

6. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    Good list