TV Conflicting Joker back story

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    so the MC of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is the supposed Joker from the Gotham series, BUT the story of Joker's psychotic behavior is grossly different from what we gonna see in the Joker movie....wtf DC....:blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused: Untitled.jpg

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there was many versions of joker through the years, and some are better than others but let's admit it, the best joker is this
    [​IMG]

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure it's not this one?
    [​IMG]
    Because I'm pretty sure it's hard for me to find even a hero played better than this joker

wildthorn, Capsize, frenzy85 and 4 others like this.
  4. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Killing joke joker or bust

FranckOA likes this.
  5. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    @justmehere did you know that that scene was not in the script and he improvised it? He was the best joker

kenar and justmehere like this.
  6. A.I.M.E-02847

A.I.M.E-02847 [Trying to understand Humanity]

Reading List:
    Link
    It is already verified from the comics that there are 3 different jokers. So it would explain how the backstory is different.
    That's why there are diffierent apperances Joker takes cause they aren't the same.

kenar and Traveling Chef like this.
  7. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    my suggestion would be to not lump Gotham's continuity in with the DC universe at large.
    even the comic books have offered half a dozen or more different "origins" for the joker.
    it's like this, Jack Nicholson's Joker was Jack Napier a criminal mafioso trying to earn money. but Heath Ledger's Joker was someone with a more militaristic background who didn't give a damn about money and just wanted to cause anarchy.
    they are both still joker just not the same joker.

8. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, my personal favorite Joker is the Persona 5 one. :p

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  9. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    heath ledger did an amazing take on joker that I feel will take an even better actor *coughnotjaredletocough* to stack up to, but no one and I mean no one outdoes Mark Hamill's joker. he had it all. The laugh, The anarchy, the criminal element, the actual insanity. he was the perfect foil for 90's animated batman in every way.
    Ledger did an amazing job but he could have just as easily been Two-Face and his performance would have still killed. He killed it as an amazing psychopath but he didn't need the makeup and character of the joker to do what he did.
    but Mark Hamill? no there is no one he could have played the way he did except for Joker. the way he just burst out at you one moment but would get real low the next, keeping you on edge about what kind of Joker you're going to get. were you going to get the "happy fun times" Joker doing crazy crime spree's or were you going to get "I made Oracle" Joker, finding where Batgirl, lived putting a bullet in her spine, and sending the pictures to Gorden to haunt him.
    naw, I loved Heath Ledger's performance, but I Loved Mark Hamill's Joker.

10. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    DC and Marvel have this thing called "the multiverse" and it's like Gotham happened in one universe, killing joke on another etc

11. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't expect DC to be consistent and have real continuity. I think it's cause they try too hard to compete with Marvel but forget they don't have Disney money and connections... The newest DC movie I enjoyed was Wonder woman and even that movie was helped by the cast and not the script.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  12. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    While I like that version (by far he is one of my favourites as reality adaptation), but he is not the best joker, the personality is close but not there yet

kenar, justmehere and Traveling Chef like this.
  13. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not a DC only issue Marvel isn't any better, their comics have been all over the place through the years, both companies like to just muck up things for a few years and hit "reset" whenever they think it's time.

the DC film universe has mostly suffered from Producers and Executives trying to emulate marvel's success without going through the motions. Most if not all the JLA needed a movie before Justice League. BVS Dawn of butts should have been at LEAST two different movies with one setting up the greater 'batman hates supes' movie and the other culminating in the true Dark Knight Returns movie. if you haven't, check out The Animated Dark Knight Returns part one and two. Batman is voiced by Robocop(Peter Weller) and It's exactly what the Batman Vs Superman movie should have been.

they could have done Man of steel, then Batman, Then Dawn of Justice(not the BVS part just all the rest involving Luther) then we could have had a BVS movie, then Do Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash, and bring them together and Do justice League as Cyborgs movie(because of his connection to the motherbox) hell they could have even rebooted Green Lantern and did a John Stewart Green Lantern Movie starring Michael Jai White(cuss I loved him in the spawn movie which I also loved fite me) and we could have had an amazing Justice League movie that was on par with Avengers 1 when it first came out.

instead, the top guys wanted Marvel movie success without any of the proper build-up, without the few years of people clinging on for the next movie. "we gave you superman and batman now boom blow our load on a JLA movie and we will throw in the other movies later."

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Invisalats likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Beg to differ. Since he offed himself, I find it hard to consider his performance as simply acting

15. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    it was acting, there is a documentary out now called "I am Heath Ledger" that offers an amazing look at his life and career and goes into detail about how unlike the gossip the role isn't what cost him his life.
    edit: he was acting and having fun as the joker and his mental issues are what ultimately drove him to take his life.

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's agree to disagree but I will take Jack Nicholson for live action even though my memory of his role is spotty, he seemed to enjoy himself.
    Mark Hamil for animated version

Traveling Chef likes this.
  17. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    don't get me wrong I actually agree with you about "the best joker"

I love ALL of the jokers *coughbutLetocough* I love them for different things. like I said earlier Ledgers Joker could have been ANY character in the Batman universe and if he brought the same level of acting and dedication he would have nailed it.

Jack Nicholson in my eyes is the Closest to comic book joker any live-action has come. he was a criminal having fun, but he was psychotically unhinged like no other criminal mobster would be. he loved money and the things it brought but he loved the "jokes" just as much. he is my top pick for the best live-action joker.

Mark Hamill Being the only person I want voicing Joker in any animated adaptation because his voice just captures (in my eyes...ears?) the quintessential Joker voice.

hell, I even liked Cesar Romero's Joker, it was camp and cartoonish but damn was it fun.

Wujigege likes this.
  18. justmehere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well let me put it this way,

What you are saying if a fireman dies because he was rescuing people, you say he failed at helping?

19. justmehere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we have to be objective here

I was saying the joker portrayed by heath ledger was crazy good. Nobody should be judging jack Nicholson seemed to enjoy his role and heath didn't as a standard of acting.
    Even when we knows heath killed himself afterward, the joker he was portraying was unhinged maniac having fun.

20. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only be as objective as my Bias allows.

I love all of them, looking at them all objectively as "Joker" Nicholson is my guy. but by no means do I think that takes anything away from Heath Ledger's Portrayal of Joker. my only real comment about Ledger is that he would have killed it as any character in the movie even if it wasn't joker. He did an amazing Joker and the scene with the recording of him and the "Hockey Pads" Batman imposter still sends chills down my spine to this day.
    all of the actors who have done Joker on the big screen have been amazing for one thing or another as Joker. Nicholson to me just captures more of the comic book Joker overall than any other.
    Ledger's performance though would have been A-MAZE-ING if they had made the plot of that movie "The Killing Joke" instead of Nolan's batman script number 2. the gravitas and pure Killing intent he emanated in every scene were amazing.
    one of my favorite behind the scenes tidbit is about the scene when all the rich company people are in that highrise and joker bust in. Michael Cain's Alfred was utterly speechless and that wasn't in the script originally, He had yet to see ledger in the makeup being Joker, and during the first rehearsal had completely forgotten his line. they kept that in the movie.

edit: I by no means thought heath wasn't having fun during the filming, he had mental issues going on behind the scenes but he LOVED being the Joker.