Novel Conquerors of Providence

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GabeZhul, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabeZhul

GabeZhul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone. Just in case you might be bored and want something outside of the typical isekai/system/vrmmo/xianxia sphere, have a gander at this old story of mine I decided to finally publish on RR.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/20376/conquerors-of-providence

Yes, I know, the title is generic and sucks monkey-butts. Bite me, it was supposed to be temporary but it stuck. This one is an already completed, 180k+ words long novel I will be uploading to RR at a roughly one chapter per day rate. It has a very long and elaborate story behind its writing, which you can find in the after-chapter author's notes if you are interested.

As for the story itself:
    300 years after the fall of the modern world. Human civilization has been re-built in Africa out of necessity, and it is governed by a religious autocracy that is slowly reclaiming the world. However, as the right circumstances once more align, a ragtag group of eccentric scientists, dysfunctional geniuses and self-imposed reincarnators assemble to try and un-screw the world. Some can't let go of their past sins, others can't even remember them, while yet others may have different plans altogether... but does the world even need, or want, them to succeed?

A more by-the-numbers description:
    It is an action-comedy with an ensemble cast of characters, extensive world-building and metaphysics, and while it is set in a post-apocalyptic world, it mostly centers around the relationships, interactions and wacky hijinks of the main characters. There is a bit of romance, some relationships are blooming, others have already been established, but they are not the main focus. There is also a fair bit of action, but it is mainly contained in the beginning and the end of the volume.

Overall I would mainly recommend this work of mine as a light comedic read. It's not my best work, but it is one of my oldest, so it's pretty close to my heart. The whole thing should be up in about a month, but if there is enough interest, I might speed up the release schedule. Either way, please check it out and have fun.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  2. Vex

Vex Eat-Sleep-Repeat

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting. I am off to try, nothing to loose anyway.

3. GabeZhul

Reading List:
    Link
    Next chapter's up. Should I just do a mass release until the point the main cast assembles and there are some answers to all the questions the first part raises, or should I keep this release schedule? Opinions?

4. GabeZhul

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a bit of a head's up: Ch 17 is up, which closes the first "arc" so to speak. If you were turned off by how dense and in-medias-res the story started out, this is a good point try it again, as by this point most of the setting and the characters have been explained. Have fun. :p

5. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked for:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/community-fiction-rules.61/

If you wish to start posting on these forums, you can PM me to unlock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.