Recommendations Conservative MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RandomGuyTenThousands, Jul 1, 2020.

1. RandomGuyTenThousands

RandomGuyTenThousands Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would it be possible to have an MC that doesn’t want to change the whole world to his liking. I’m kinda tired of protagonists going after every single guy in power for no reason.
    I basically want a normal MC that does his own things without disturbing others or that he for once helps leaders instead of opposing them.
    Thanks

2. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Donald Trump in Make America Grimdark Again.
    All the MC wants in this tale is to truly take his nation back to the medieval ages, where women were property and men could openly be racist. Truly a conservative MC

Muspon likes this.
  4. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are they all apocalypse based?:blobsweat_2:

That aside, are you looking for an MC who doesn't want to change the world in any way (which is what all MCs do, since all they do is kill the leaders and leave everything else unchanged, so given time it'll go back to how it was) or an MC who isn't a psychopath who has nothing better to do than provoke all the major and minor sects in the world just so he can slaughter their people?

If it's the latter you're looking for, try Cultivating Change, it's kinda short, might not be up to your taste, but has a conservative MC, who still manages to change the world without ever actually fighting anybody. All MC likes to do is experiment with formations and study the depths of the so called Dao, then by teaching her findings to anybody who asks, the world just naturally changes without the MC having to lift a finger.

5. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries kinda fit the plot
    But he also "invent" bicycle cause investment and money and there's senior transmigrator that already laid claim and invent many things, so MC can't really do much..
    At first volume he even affiliated himself with local organization

Sai101 likes this.
  6. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
  8. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link
    I basically want a novel in where the actions of the MC won’t impact the world too much. For exemple, i don’t want him to find a treasure that will cause a Great War and wipe out 2/3 of living being or something stupid. Actually, as long as the plot makes sense, I don’t mind. My main issue is when the author is lost on what to do and just creates a character that will offend the MC just for an arc no one will remember.

9. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link

10. SUNOFA

SUNOFA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it have to be Chinese?
    CH novels all lead to world war due to some random kid finding some ancient guy's preserved penis. Their non cultivation novels involve wars being waged because someone sold MC a run down wasteland, which he/she later turns into a utopia, so they want it back. Their modern stories involve people who just keep doing loads of illegal shit in broad daylight like it's a perfectly normal thing and then act all confused, cause they weren't expecting MC to file charges against them for it ("But you got lucky and managed to get away from that, didn't you? Therefore you didn't get hurt. How can you be so heartless as to not unconditionally forgive me for it immediately?!" Stuff like that.)
    JP novels might fit your bill, but rather than conservative, the MC is always a wuss.
    Maybe KR novels, though I don't read many of those, so I can't really say.

11. zaetheii

zaetheii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading this three and i think they quite fit the criteria.

Trash of the Count's family (really good 3/5 for the plot you wanted. he does not want to oppose the system just want to be alive)

My death flag no signs of ending (already have a manga, check it out;
    (mangadex/chapter/933816/1) this one I recommend since it has a unique plot for an isekai

Transmigrates into Noble's beaten son (scribblehub/series/131121/transmigrated-into-a-nobles-beaten-son/) it's new but somehow atm what you wanted is in here